How often do you use the anonymous feature?

So how often do you use it? Never, seldom, often?

I noticed I was using it pretty often for no real reason in particular so I just decided to go through and de-anon all my answers haha. Anyway, how often do you use that function? And why?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't use it really. I have a couple times but that's it. I prefer to be real and not hide behind Anonymous. Also I will never post a question letting people comment anonymous again that's when the cruel people come out because they can hide behind it.

What Girls Said 20

• I have like 3 questions I have posted anonymously, but they were about technical support and I was embarrassed. :D

Other than that I never post anonymously. I used to, but I kinda stopped once I realize there's not really anything I post on here that I'm ashamed or embarrased of.

• if i'm asking questions or posting on topics that are intentionally antagonistic, almost 100% of the time. i'm sick of people tracking down everything i've ever said and trying to make me sound like a shitty person or trying to "prove me wrong" based on something non-relevant i've said about a completely different topic. this site is unfortunately now full of trolls now just looking to prove everyone else wrong and jerks who are so deranged in their views that they should be locked up. it didn't used to be that way. I've sometimes let it get me upset, so now i just post anonymously, block people I find offensive, and move on.

• VERY rarely. I never answer questions anonymously. However, I have asked some questions anonymously that were personal and/or embarrassing.

• Rarely... I don't feel the need to.

• Not that often. I really only use it if I'm mentioning something quite personal.

• I occasionally post anonymously but i always fear that people will recognise the way i type/answer style i give so i don't bother much anymore.

• Honestly I've only asked like 3 questions and answered like 6 times from these 3 years as a GAG member. Most were when I just stared, I was shy and not confident to answer some questions back then. lol

• Three times:
    *my first question
    *a question about using the anon function to guess your user name
    *a sexuality question i was really embarrassed about

• Never. absolutely never. and i hate when people use it. it shows they are too cowardly to express their opinion face to face. these are the kind of people who talk behind your back but shit their pants when they see you in person.

• I don't use it

• I've only ever used it once for a question. Never for anything else

• I like to troll anon but I don't do it often.

• As often as i post with my identity.

• I use it all the time. I have no idea why because my profile alone is anonymous.

• Barely.
    I want people to know me for me when I give my honest opinion.

• Probably every 1 out of 10 I answer, questions are a different story however

• I use it for questions, but never for comments.

• Very rarely, only a couple times. I don't see why people use it constantly.

• Sometimes but not often

• Never on ks. Only some questions there.

What Guys Said 12

• Literally never. I don't believe in going anonymous. No one knows me on this website anyway. Why hide?

• Kind of the way I was looking at it. Sometimes I did it to avoid angry messages but SaVes was nice enough to remind me there's a block feature on here so why not?

• Oh well. Shit happens, right?

• I purposely censor myself so that I do not give out information that reveals my location nor any personal details that may make me identifiable.

• I very rarely do.. Only if something is sexual related and I'm kind of bashful sooooo

• Don't turn red, Red. :)

• Hence the name?

• How fitting then. :)

Now every time I see an anoymous guy (25 to 29) post an answer to a sexual question, I will think, "Is that you, Red?"...

• never used it yet. is it good? lol

• Very rarely. I don't really have anything to hide. I try to stay away from mentioning things I find too personal. If I can't answer the question without mentioning something I'm not comfortable with then I just skip the question.

• In two situations. 1) When I'm seeking personal advice. And 2) if I want to post an answer in which I might include very personal details that I'd rather not be visible to everyone on GAG. Honestly though, I rarely go anonymous either way.

• About 1% of the time.

• Probably should use it more often

• Never, because I have huge balls

• I have never used the anonymous feature.

• Almost never. Maybe sometimes rarely when I expect some exceptionally annoying comments or such

• I've never used it, don't see any point in using it.