Why aren't people on here honest?

i saw a question asking if a girl would be jealous if they found out that their crush hooked up with another girl and a lot of them were saying that it wouldn't affect them and that they would move on. that is obviously not true because it usually WILL affect you to a certain degree. and some of them said that i would "cut the bitch and make her sorry she hooked up with him". honestly, if you have the guts to do that, you should have had enough guts to tell the guy you like that you had a crush on him in the first place so i am calling bs.
on comments, polls, and opinions, the guys will say/vote things to make the girl asking the question feel better such as a question i've seen on here asking if people think their friend is prettier based on descriptions and such. the guys would say "probably not, you are most likely prettier"
im pretty sure people come here for honest answers, for the honest truth. if you asked a question, wouldn't you want people to tell you what they really think, not what you want to hear?

Most Helpful Girl

• Perhaos those people don't empathise well. You can never truly answer a question like that unless you have been in similar situation. Although you can give your opinion. Maybe they are naturally cold people who wouldn't care. Ultimately most people will think they are being honest so it's not malicious. Again maybe if it happened to them one time they might feel different.
    Maybe they just see themselves as a strong person or can't admit their feeligns when they are hurt.

Doesn't mean they are dishonest.

What Girls Said 4

• Not all people want to hear the truth. That's why I don't really rate or I give a generic answer when I do

• I always try to be honest. With ratings I never say numbers, because it might hurt people, thats why i just give my opinion in words. This doesn't mean i'm not honest :)

• You're right. I had a chat with my cousins and friends. They all would be upset. They would also be upset if they were talking to a guy and they had sex with other girls. It honestly non of their business, unless they are the girlfriend or the wife

• And I agree with the other examples. Most people on here are socially awkward, and there computer is there friend.

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe it's the fact that you're still young-ish (18-24) so you don't believe that people can be honest about something like looks not mattering so much, or not being bothered when their crush does something like make out with someone else.

I personally don't give a crap about making someone feel better by lying to them. I'd rather someone pulled that bandage off of them sooner rather than later. We have enough idiots in their 20's who still believe in astrology, demons, genies, and dreams having secret meanings.