Do you actually care if people here down vote you?

Simple
Do you care if people here down vote your opinion or not?

• Yes
    25% (9)24% (10)25% (19)Vote
  • No
    75% (27)76% (31)75% (58)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Everyone gets down vote, just because!

0|0
26|26

Most Helpful Guy

• i really don't give a shit about anything really so why should i care about a silly down vote on the internet? :)

1|1
    2|6

What Guys Said 25

• Generally no.

It only bothers me when I, for example, make a sarcastic remark as my answer and people take it literally.

2|2
    2|2
  • It just means they don't like what I have to say. But I'd rather be truthful and honest and piss people off instead of being some silly white knight kid on the internet trying to score brownie points with girls.

0|0
    1|0
  • Every downvote shows me I'm doing something right

2|3
    4|2
  • lmao, no. Don't understand why people downvote on opinions sometimes though. You're like "I really like cheese", and get downvotes. I just imagine someone sat behind a computer like "FUCK YOU, YOU can't LIKE CHEESE, I DISAGREE -downvotes-"

1|3
    1|1
  • Well, I do end up interested in what the user did not like about my answer. It doesn't bother me, I don't get mad. I just get curious what was bad about my answer.

0|0
    1|1
  • It actually kinda does, because they don't actually specify why.

0|2
    1|2
  • if i give a politically incorrect answer i take the down votes as vote ups

0|2
    2|2
  • I'm okay with it. :)

1|2
    2|2
  • Kind of. If i get a lot of up votes, it would make me feel good knowing that others liked my opinion or something.

1|1
    3|3
  • No. I wasn't aware this was a popularity contest.

1|3
    5|2
  • No I do not, people can downvote me all they want. Even tho it doesn't bother me, I do wonder why I got downvoted for my favorite color or religion.

0|1
    3|2
  • Do not give one single fuck.

1|2
    5|2
  • It does alil bit but sometimes not.

1|1
    2|3
  • Yes down votes make me self conscious

1|2
    3|2
  • I just get curious as to why they downvoted me.
    They don't even know my story :/

0|1
    1|3
  • Yeah, I care. I wanna see what people think of my opinions

0|1
    2|3
  • not really :|

1|2
    4|3
  • I'm entirely used to it.

0|0
    1|2
  • No. It's normal that opinions of other people differ from your own. This is why conversation have a sense. Sometimes their argument can show you that your argument was in fact wrong.

0|1
    3|1
  • http://i.imgur.com/fM5E8mf.jpg

I pray for downvotes.

but this is a dafuq moment.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I get down voted, means I said something right or doing something right! :D

0|1
    7|2
  • I don't even know what that means

0|1
    4|2
    • You can't be serious?

• Show All
    • The one on the right are down votes, while the one on the left are up votes :D you have 4 down votes and 1up vote.

• That is the ratio I was going for

• I wouldn't usually notice. I won't see it unless someone comments on my opinion

0|2
    1|1
  • I wouldn't go as far as caring... but when I get down voted I would like to know why they disagreed with me. Maybe they could shed light on something I never even thought about and change my stance, but if they don't explain their side I will never know. So, when I get down voted, I get curious as to why, but it doesn't upset me or anything.

0|3
    1|2
    • I down voted you because I have to be fair. Down votes for everyone!!!

What Girls Said 26

• Being downvoted not so much... But I do hate being down voted for a couple of specific reasons:

1. When they don't specify not listing a reason

2. If it's over a stupid reason like I don't know if I say my favorite color is red or something like that

3. When people do list their reason and take it to an extreme by telling someone their opinion is wrong arguing and being rude about it. Debating is wrong I mean everyone has their own opinion but why be an ass about it?

That's basically it...

0|1
    1|1
  • Not really. My life does not revolve around how many up or down votes I get on GAG. Lol

2|3
    4|3
    • Lol I know! I saw a GaGer the other day go on a rant on why he got a down vote haha

• Lol wow, yeah it's just ridiculous. I don't know why some people care about that so much.

• 2|3
    2|2
  • What annoys me about getting downvoted, is not knowing why.

2|3
    1|3
  • Hell no! I could give two shits less. Especially if my opinion is about misogyny, homophobia, racism, est.

0|0
    2|1
  • It's not that I care about it in terms of that it bothers me, but often times I really would like to know the reason behind it, so sometimes I comment and ask.

3|2
    4|4
    • I love the downvotes I got here! :D

• Show All
    • Yes I did, lol. Only one more upvote and the game is tied.

• Doesn't matter, then another downvote would come. Haha.

• Nooooooope.

2|2
    4|5
  • I don't really care but I would like to know why they down-voted me. Like I want their opinions that are opposite what I had to say.

0|1
    3|2
  • Yeah, I wished they could insert reasons with that because that way we could improve our perspectives and all.

2|1
    3|4
  • i don't give a shit about it

0|1
    2|1
  • I don't generally care about the down vote. I just find it retarded when I'm getting down voted for saying stuff like "I would like to have green eyes" or "my favorite ____ is".(depending on the situation) . It's my freaking preference haha.

1|0
    1|1
  • I've never really noticed. I never go back to a question unless someone comments on it or I get Most Helpful. The rest I won't notice if I got down voted or not. I don't really care because I don't pay attention.

0|0
    1|1
  • Nope, I would like to know why - but it wouldn't ruin my day :p

1|1
    3|1
  • It depends on the question. If i believe it is such a solid opinion, i feel why i get downvoted, it is just nonsense. Otherwise i am ok. Everyone is quite free what to do.

0|1
    3|5
  • It doesn't matter to me.

0|3
    4|5
  • I only hate it when it's on things like
    "I have 2 kids"
    "I'm 5'2"
    "I'm a girl"

I can't change those things people, they are facts not opinions!

0|2
    2|3
    • There was this one time where I thought "Maybe ill give just one fuck today" but then I was like naaaaaaaaaaah. :p

• Show All
    • Or yes i will date a short guy.

• Curse you asker :)
      No kidding knotme!

• I rather be honest and truthful - in all honesty why the hell is it there, its the most ridiculous thing on here - its a site with opinions so why do we need up and down votes

0|0
    0|0
  • I cry over it and drown myself in ice cream :D

0|0
    1|0
  • I don't even notice most times. hahaha

0|0
    1|1
  • Nah unless they comment something that makes sense to me in which case i'll take criticism

0|0
    1|0
  • They're helpful. I want to know when I'm being offensive/overstepping boundaries.

0|2
    3|1
    • I don't think getting downvoted for your favorite color is being offensive or overstepping boundaries.

• well, in those situations, you need to use your judgement and decide whether or not the down-voter is sane

• No. Doesn't do anything for me.

0|0
    2|1
  • idgaf

:)

1|0
    1|2
  • Nah lol. I feel like I'm doing something wrong if I don't get a few down-votes here and there.

1|1
    5|3
  • No, I don't care.
    It's amusing, at best.

1|1
    1|1