How do you feel about rate me questions?

There are a lot of complaints about them but at the same time it seems like everyone is asking to be rated in one form or another. Is it our guilty pleasure or do you legitimately hate them?

Wow that was a lot of response fairly quickly. Thanks for your input.

Most Helpful Guy

• These questions are a good example of how shallow people have become. The askers are requesting that perfect strangers assign them a number on a scale in order to validate (for the asker) their self-worth.

What Guys Said 17

• When a pretty girl asks that question I'd be like

www.dodge-dart.org/.../...r-100-doublefacepalm.gif

• Kitty..I recently Googled myself for the first time , having been a drummer for some really big me bands I had no idea what to expect..most celeb of any kind likes to read bad things..anyway I have had a 24 year career onstage..I came upon open polls for best drummer of all time..first I was flatter to be mention then I read how I was washed up blah blah...but yet my career is a strong as ever..so people who like always will those who don't never met me

• Congrats on the long standing career in such a fickle industry!

• Too abundant.

It's especially annoying when the person asks the question, and they get pissed off when someone gives them an honest, low score opinion.

• nothing really. I don't know what to feel for rate me questions, its just people wanting feedback.

• We all look for outside evaluation, so I don't mind them. How else are we supposed to know what others think? Use a crystal ball?

• the problem is that there actually used to be something called a reality check where people could rate you. they got rid of that, so now people are constantly asking "am i cute" questions because they want to know if theyre attractive since they got rid of reality checks. if they have bf/gf's they shouldn't be asking it, even if they're single they probably shouldn't be asking it, but especially if they have bf's/gf's. its like, really? its not enough that you have a s.o. now you gotta come on here and ask people you dont even know for compliments...give me a break already, asshole

• people want others to rate them well so that they feel good... most people don't rate them well so the people that ask end up feeling shitty.. ur setting urself up for failure basically... However a girl getting rated by a bunch of horny guys is different...

• I remember I used to do this, now I cringe with embarrassment.

I absolutely see how you could want the validation, but people get addicted to that validation. So much, that they have no self-worth, but only the worth assigned to them by others.

• i find it useless because everyone has different tastes. one person can find me attractive and another person won't. people think they are unattractive but they don't seem to understand that it just depends on the person.

• I dont understand the hate about it, very easy to ignore if you dont wanna answer it.

• I like them. One of the reasons I found and joined this website.

• Only confident people should do it.

Otherwise it's just hurtful.

• They're interesting.

• I think there is a need of validation outside us, it is natural but it won't help us at all

• I think they work best when the poster has links to several pictures.

• I don't like the rating part but I do like the looking at pictures of girls.

• I'm indifferent but if I had to rate you would be a perfect 10! ;P

• That's not what I was asking and I don't really care about my own rating but thanks.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't care. It can get annoying though when I constantly see them as I'm browsing the site for questions to answer. I mean, I get it, people want to know how others (especial members of the opposite sex) view them. But that's not what this site is about. I really wish there was a "reality check" section like there used to be on the old version. But instead of "Would you date me?," it should just be "What would you rate me?" The admins need to make a separate feature for users who want to be rated. It's irritating to see those questions all the time.

I mean, on the old version, the reality check feature did not get used much but that's probably because not many people knew about it and not many people care how "dateable" they are, they just want to know how others would rate them based on appearance. I think the admins should bring something like that back.

• I understand why people put them up but I'll never answer one or I don't think I have yet. I just don't feel like people deserve a number. Your either attractive or your not but everyone has their own views on what makes a person attractive. But no I don't care about them they don't bother me. I'd also never post one.

• I honestly like them especially when I'm bored. I don't understand how a person wanting to get rated affect someone else. If you post your pic up, then you know what you're putting yourself into with people judging you harshly and etc.

• In the of the day, you have a choice to click the next question or comment and waste your time and be like "ah gawd, i hate these question. Why u need approval from people in the internet?"

• I like emmm

• I hate them as much as questions about rate me questions