Why did so many people leave GaG?

There are so many people that used to be top users and answer a lot of my questions but now when I click on their profile it says "not active anymore"? Did something happen on gag that made everyone suddenly leave? :/

Most Helpful Guy

• The point requirement for Amazon cards went up and no one thought it was worth staying

What Girls Said 20

• Because it gets boring when there are loads of people asking the same questions over and over instead of just searching the site first. They ask questions which are obvious or they cannot even write a question that is grammatically correct. There are rarely questions on here that are thought provoking, it's always "does she like me?" or loads of sexual questions from pervy men. All that made me leave for about a year and it's a shame that nothing has been done to control it. Plus, they changed the site considerably and removed picture albums and articles which I enjoyed.

• I've noticed this even though I have been here a short time /:

The albums and articles would have been nice. I did not get to see all that

• Articles are still up but I can't write anymore :

• Some people didn't like the new changes or got tired of certain other users.

Personally, I don't think the new changes were that bad. Sometimes I still miss the old site though. I liked having all of the categories at the top of the page and being able to easily navigate among the categories. Xper costs for Amazon cards were also less back then, I also miss the contests, the article feature, the wall feature, and the photo albums.

Anyway, I won't be leaving any time soon but I can understand why some other users have left. I do miss the familiar faces, there are so many new users here now and it seems like the users who leave intelligent, thoughtful answers have decreased..

• They couldn't take the heat, so they got out of the kitchen ;)

• Some are here but in another username :)

• There is a negativity going on , not just here also in daily lives. People quit here because it is easier. Plus i don't think it is an issue everyone is free what to do.

• People don't like the changes to it, others don't like the rise in xper and the racists on here, some are getting bored of it

• I only just joined this site but I've had my moments when I wanted to leave because of idiots and creepy as fuck people.

• Because the site kinda sucks now.

• Real life calls for attention. GaG. They don't need to be GaG forever.

• True... there are times i dont log in much. Real life calls! :)

• Way too many changes.

• My guess would because of the changes.They are constantly making unnecessary changes.

• they were summoned to another calling

• They are leaving here because we irreligious heretic racists are illuminating the GaG with our bright superior presences.

• They just outgrew this site. It happens

• I miss some users, like 7gnat, slugopufacejohnson, and aMuse were my favorites. It is sad when they left GAG has never been the same, especially aMuse, he was our resident genius. But they are gone forever so very sad ; -(

• People take this site too seriously. Its just GaG. Peoplecome and go, thats life.

• I think I miss 7gnat the most and the guy who never answered questions. He just used to make funny comments.

• Many old users like Cromartie, Amuse and Solitude are still here.

• They are just in another username.

• I'm not sure who amuse is now. I'm aware of the others. It's pretty obvious.

• I remember them , I am not sure who they would be though now lol

• GAG's community is in a constant state of change.
    People come and go... then come back again, often times.

Since December, the activity has more than doubled - More questions than ever before, more opinions than ever before. People are more interactive and the numbers are still climbing.
    Some have moved on, but we get new people every day... and again, many times, old users come back.

What Guys Said 16

• This site has DRASTICALLY changed in the past two years.

No more instant messaging (i still miss this feature!)

Photos albums were removed (used to be able to post 6 pic per profile)

The Articles section was removed (people used to write very good articles on various GaG topics and was interesting dialogue)

The amount of XPer needed for prizes keeps going up, and the overall ways to earn XPer has been manipulated to take longer to earn prizes

The whole admin team has been overturned in the past year, and this current regime made various changes to the website that were more than mere tweaks

The minimum age used to be 16; now the minimum age is 13, and some of the old GaGers feel rhe intellectual capacity of the site has drastically plummeted in the past year

• It sounds like it used to be a lot better.

• We need all those features back ):
      Less than 16 yr olds making disturbing questions that I can't look at my little brother anymore.

• was here just since last year..but in hearing the past features of GAG seems like i should have joined it more earlier

• Seems like lots people come and go often, and I also see tons of new faces join and become super active all the time.

Also, as an aside, I always think it's a little weird that people bash it and say that the place blows, and yet here they are, posting away. LOL. I'm not judging, of course...it's just an observation I've made.

If people feel like they need to leave then I think they totally should. I know often times I feel the need to unplug once in a while, so I get it. :-)

• Probably because they keep changing the site around (progressively shittier) and making up arbitrary rules whenever they feel like.

Like now all of a sudden there's a 2 strike policy for mentioning a user in a negative opinion, which will result in account REMOVAL. Not freezing, removal. Ridiculous. It's like they don't want too many people earning Amazon cards. If they're going to go all PC police on us I'll be leaving here soon too.

• There's no such thing as a two strike policy, haha!

• If you have issues with a member, please do not post questions/opinions/comments regarding the member. Not only will the posting be removed, but doing so again will only result in removal of your account.

In the future, please take the following steps to report users:

1. If you feel a member has posted an offensive/spam question, opinion, or comment, please click on "Report" next to the post.
      2. Block the user to prevent any future messaging. To do so, go to the member's page, and click "Block."

Thanks for your understanding.

More information can be found on our FAQ Page
      Please do not respond to this message. These messages are not monitored.

• I should note that I received this message and I didn't mention the user by name, and was responding to a question someone else asked.

• If you've ever been a part of any online forum type site you'll see that it's just how things go. Most if the type that slowly get bored with the site over time, checking in less and less until the finally stop coming altogether.

• questions are always: "what should i blah blah do about my blah blah bf/gf?"

it's also a chain reaction that people are leaving, I saw some closer people leave and I got kinda depressed, I am also considering taking a long break from gag. actually, the truth is, I get the feeling that no one cares about my opinions. that and the stupid price of amazon cards.

• When are you getting a white gf?

• The childish is a given if teens (and preteens that lie about their age) are here. There are definitely more pessimistic trolls here since I've been here in 2010 (and most of them are angry atheists ).

• this question should've been categorized as GirlsAskGuys btw, it would've let the admin know our... plight.

• They probably couldn't login when the site changed.It was almost impossible for me.

• My guess is that for some people, Gag is just a phase.

I've been here for about 3 or 4 months, I don't plan on leaving anytime soon.

• They got busy in their life..

• I would say the pay grade isn't up too par

• I suspect the new interface had something to do with it.

• This site has been poorly run. That's why they left.

• I think I might be leaving soon too.

• Cuz Gag is awful now. The changes they make here are maybe worse than the YouTube changes that are always being made. I log on less than 5 times a week and sometimes go weeks without logging on. I still have some pals here so that's the only reason I stick around.

• It seems that some of the changes, and for some people the newer users, took what they liked about the site away or downplayed it more. And the people they liked stated leaving.

• They banned everyone to avoid paying for Amazon cards.

• The site went rapidly downhill and never recovered.