Why is it on GaG that when you type in p*rnography...it replaces the "o" with an asterisk (sp?) or this thing "*"?

I was just wondering cause I've seen much worse language on this site...why change it only with the word p*rn? Why not do it in every other vulgar, lewd or crewed (sp?) word?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's because the site admins do not want this site to be classified as an "adult site." It has something to do with google and them not wanting this site to pop up with p*rn sites. At least, that's what I was told.

• Hmmm...makes sense...it just makes me laugh when I see questions like "how many times would you fuck her right in the pussy?" And it's fine and dandy...I mean, I feel like that kind of adult to? But that's just my opinion...

• This is correct :-)

• Thanks Sparrow:)

And thanks for MH! :)

What Guys Said 5

• There's a massive array of dirty words you can freely use but somehow P*rnography is the devil!

• I never even noticed. I just type in pr0n and thought people were using their own thing lol. Does it do that for other words?
    p*rn
    P*rnography
    p*rno
    p*rnstar

• I agree it makes no sense at all but it happens when you use the word p'ornography

• When I say fucking or fuck it usually doesn't change it...

• I always just switch the R and the O because its FUCKING hilarious!!! How hilarious is it? Its FUCKING hilarious. Not FUCKING as in FUCKING with DICK and PUSSY but FUCKING as in the adjective FUCKING used to describe the degree. Lol pron

What Girls Said 2

• that'd be because P*rnography is the most offensive fucking word in the English fucking language.

• Because we enjoy the mystery :)