What's up with all of the "Rate my picture" questions lately?

What's up with all of the random rate my picture questions all of a sudden? Sincere or just craving compliments/attention?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 5

• I think it's just that you're noticing them more. I've only been posting here for a few days but it's been common on other sites for a long time. But I think it's more about insecurity rather than craving attention. I think people who seek attention do so because they need it. I think they don't get enough of it in general and they try to get it from other places.

I really don't like when people try to use some variant of "Are they seeking attention?" as a way to insult people or vilify them. They do it because they need that attention. It's not like it's just being immature. There's a reason for it even if you can't see it. A lot of women and girls too I've talked to say "I used to seek attention as a teenager so I know it's bullshit." Do you really though? Why were you doing it? There was a reason. Maybe you can't see it because you don't know about psychology or don't care or something but there was a reason. I think people who are desperately seeking approval need our compassion, not our scorn. They want to be accepted. We don't make that any easier when we label them "attention seekers" and that kind of thing.

• Some crave attention, some are insecure, and some are curious. I don't really mind them, no matter what the intent.

• I don't know but I like them. Gives me insight on people's perspectives and I like rating girls.

• Uh oh... this is an antagonizing question according to the admins... Gonna get deleted...

• It's been up for a week. Who cares, regardless.

• It really is. Within the last week I seen about 10 "rate my picture" questions from many females. They all looked really pretty, which is why I didn't get it. I figured it was just a reason to get easy compliments, etc. I may be wrong but I still think some of the questions are for ego boosts.

• I'm sure they are. With the countless hundreds (thousands?) of people on this site, some will find you attractive.

What Girls Said 5

• craving for compliments/attention i guess...and lack of confidence and self-esteem
    themodernparent.net/.../rateme.jpg

• Insecurity, looking for compliments/ reassurance that they are decently attractive.

• I just joined so I have no idea what you're talking about lol.

• People ask post on here to rate them from 1-10 it's all attention seeking
      mostly it's these females who are really pretty attractive girls

• I like them. I like seeing what people on here look like.

• Legitimate Rate Me questions are allowed.
    ONE per account, of course, because all duplicates will be removed.

I'd like to remind EVERYONE that they are allowed and to not report them as Spam.
    ONLY report ones that aren't legitimate (trolling, no photo, asking about someone else), and report duplicates.