Do you think it is dumb you can't block anonymous users?

It just means they post what they want and while you can report individual posts you can't stop them posting altogether. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• You can block anonymous opinions on any question you post.
    We always encourage you to report any offensive or nonsensical responses, regardless.

If you post anonymously, blocked members WILL be able to post.

• They mean that if someone posts anonymously on your post on which you allowed anonymous posts, then you can't block the person behind it.

• Right.
      Report the post and we'll take care of it.
      To avoid that, everyone has the ability to block ALL anonymous opinions.

• It's funny when they can't actually report that post because there's nothing wrong with it, they just don't agree. :D

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• I think Blocking is silly in general. If you don't want to carry on with communicating with someone on a particular subject, then just stop answering. It really isn't that hard.

So far I've blocked only one person, and I've unblocked even them the next day, so... yeah. I think being able to hear the perspective of everyone is pretty neat. If you disagree, then just don't internalize it.

• Wait, I'm not sure I understand the question...in which way would you like to block Anonymous users that is currently unavailable to you? :-)

• In the way they use the anonymous feature to say what ever the want to you and because they are anonymous you can't block them from posting on any other questions you post in the future.

• Oh ok, I gotcha.

Yeah that's just one of those unfortunate things that happens. All you can really do is report the posts where applicable and move on. I agree that it's annoying, but it is what it is. :-)

• Yes. I disallow anon now on qs

• Yeah I am going to do the same. I think if you're going to say something at least have the balls to admit to who you are. That's how I feel.

• I could care less. I never block people.