What makes you decide to downvote someone's opinion?

I'm just curious, but if you do, what makes you decide to downvote someone's opinion, even over a trivial question for example?

Most Helpful Guy

• I rarely down vote, but when I do it is because I completely disagree with their comment and I see it as bad advice that could be detrimental to the asker.

What Guys Said 10

• I personally downvote opinions that are dangerous. That's it. So if some idiot is giving shitty medical advice because they have no idea what the fuck they are doing and think that vitamin C can cure depression and cancer... DOWNVOTE!

Not that it matters.

• When people insult each other, or I simply may not agree with it.

• If I flat out disagree, or I think what they say is complete nonsense, or if I feel it is stupid.

• I only downvote people if they are condescending/intolerant or otherwise generally unpleasant

• I don't really down vote. If I do its because the opinion is hurtful to ones health

• I don't always downvote, but when I do, it's because someone is giving absolutely terrible advice or being malicious to someone else.

• If it doesn't answer the question or its an insult from a troll then I will downvote.

• When authors post insults common sense.

• hmmm... cup size

• I down voted all of you.. but why would a down vote effect you at all? If it does you most likely needed counseling...

• If I don't agree with their opinion, then I will down vote that opinion. The last opinion I down voted was a girl who compared a romantic relationships to a "business transactions". I thought that was pretty disgusting way to look at it so I down voted her because I complete disagree with that statement.

• That is hilarious hahahaha =))) A business transaction soo great

• Yeah she's a funny girl often enough, but somewhere along the lines you have to have some principles and take an honest stance on what really matters. I'd say that's one that matters.

What Girls Said 3

• either they are presenting a fact that is wrong , i disagree with them , or I think they are rude sometimes

• If I disagree with them or dislike something they said/the way they said it

• I keep accidentally hitting it when I scroll through on my phone. :3