Help with mean messages on GaG?

I don't know if anybody else has had any problems like this but for a while now some female members on here have been sending mean messages on here and they keep getting rid of their accounts and creating new ones (I can tell it's them because they keep saying the same things) which makes it really hard to report them.

It's really making my time on here quite miserable now and I'm just considering leaving to be honest. Has anybody else had this problem? I'm really not sure what to do, does anybody have any suggestions or advice? :(

Most Helpful Guy

• OMG ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?

Willow-please ignore the immature idiots. They have no idea what you've been through and they don't deserve the attention. Please remember at least one person on gag likes you very, very much and leaving would break his little heart.

To anyone sending these messages- why? Do you get off on aggravating and bullying people? Willow is too much of a sweetheart to say it but why don't you just STFU? Freaking cowards, if you had been through half the stuff she has, I bet you wouldn't have much to say! Leave her alone keyboard heroes and get a life... I'm sure you have your own "faults" to deal with.

Done and done

• Whoaaa! DONE AND DONE! You’re a hero <3 God bless your little heart :)

• You sound like a beautiful person yourself and your ability to feel such empathy, love and understanding is amazing. I rarely see guys who talk like you do… stay blessed. Nice to meet you too, centigrade hahaha

• Thank you!

What Guys Said 19

• Oh goodness! Spooky users is the last thing we can use.
    I suggest you post a message to the general "GirlsAskGuys" user account (look in your followers, it's there). The administrators my be able to trace down the e-mail address in the user information and block thers guys or girls from GAG membership.

If you would eventually decide to leave (which I hope not, you should not be the victim here), would you mind staying in touch? You're one of these really nice people here on GAG, would enjoy keeping contact no matter what :-)

• Aww thank you for always leaving such helpful answers on all my questions! lol :) and yes I would try to stay in contact with people, I don't really want to leave though, I enjoy coming on here :)

• Great, and you're welcome of course. Glad I could help again :-)

• don't leave!:p if you leave then what is the point for me to be on here? ignore the haters! or embrace them:D you're obviously better than they are:p

• I don't want to leave lol but it's so depressing lol thank you :D *hug*

• If you talk to sparrow24 she is an admin who is really nice and tell her the situation. http://www.girlsaskguys.com/user/sparrow24

I also would make it so only people you follow can message you. You can also report users on their profile page.

• Hey :) thank you, people keep mentioning sparrow so I may well have to message her. I made my profile private so I'm hoping that will help :)

• I assume she might be able to help.

• Make your profile so that only people you add can send you messages.

• I would bring it up to the administrators
    take down the usernames and give it
    to them your a sweet young woman
    i would be loss without you and seriously
    bullies aren't worth getting upset over them
    i hope things get better for you always
    remember you have a place in all of our hearts

• Heyyy you! don't leave they are just trolls that have nothing better to do than cause trouble, I get at least one person every few days that wants to pick a fight just for the sake of fighting.
    Don't let them win they're just assholes getting off on being assholes:)

• *'arse'holes - don't abandon your Britishness and leave me lol :(
      I will try to ignore it, I just want to enjoy being on here cos I've met some really nice people, you of course! :)

• Lmao! Is ok I'll help you tag team the trolls from now on , if they bomb your questions/opinions message me for backup;)
      Omg if you leave I'll be left to fend them off by myself:(

• lol I will, thank you :P
      I won't leave you I promise, otherwise I'll just be billy no mates haha :(

• You shouldn't let a single person get to you so badly.

And tell Sparrow because she's the one responsible for handling this sort of thing, but people have already told you that.

• Can't reply to your messages.
    Just saying,

• Tell Sparrow. They can probably do an IP ban. :)

• Wow, seriously after what I have heard, it's only girls on here that gets mean messages!

I must ask though, how long have this been going on?

• about 3 weeks? something like that I think.

• I tried doing that but after a few days it was just really getting me down but everytime I go to their accounts to report them it says their account is inactive. I was hoping it wouldn't just be me with this problem lol. I guess I'll make my profile private or something for a while :)

• That's a good idea, you should do that.

• Sorry to hear about that you shouldn't have to put up with that. You should set your profile to private. Who were the girls that were messaging you?

• Yeah I think I might do that, thankfully they've gone again but they keep coming back with new usernames and their usernames are basically just a bunch of numbers and letters really, I can't remember them exactly. They didn't seem to be answering anything though so I assume they just made new accounts to harrass people :/

• Oh right lol I'm just average really lol :) I use a cane sometimes as in like a walking aid lol :)

• Na you're fine :) that's probably why she targeted you. And that's horrible that she abused you over that, absolutely pathetic. Do you remember her first username? Before she created the new accounts?

• men hiding behind female profiles

• Block them

• What kind of messages are you receiving?

• Don't listen to them they don't know you at all. Please don't leave!

• Make a new account?

• Can u tell us exactly what they are saying? because ur the first one to complain about this i think

• Sure. I posted a question a while back about having to use a cane sometimes and whether this would put guys off and after that I just started getting messages saying stuff like you're a effin ugly cripple and no one would ever want you, just things like that. I haven't had any messages in a few days now but I don't want to get anymore so I was wondering if anyone had any advice, I'm still kind of new to the site so I didn't even know you could just make it so that people following you could message you. I don't understand why anybody would spend so much time sending hateful messages O. o

• FYI Wiilow4, your profile still allows anyone to message you, even if it's set to private. You need to click the box that only allows people you follow to message you.

• Thank you :) I'll try my best just ignore it all, hopefully they'll get bored eventually. Thanks Exotica for the heads up lol I'll do that :)

• Easy solution. Go to Settings. Tick 'Allow messages only from people I follow'. Click Save.

• Two suggestions:

Post questions anonymous

Get a new account yourself

What Girls Said 17

• Oh wow what bullshit haters. These people who sit behind the screen and run their mouths online trying to make others miserable are the biggest cowards ever. Don’t even give these cowards the time of day…. They’re haters with mental problems and they must be really terrible people if they’re saying this stuff to you after what you’ve been through. Girls who are prolly just jealous of how loved you are and how beautiful you are. I’ve dealt with these kinds of people in real life as well as online and they’re just full of crap- that’s why all that comes out of their mouths is CRAP.

Don’t let them take you down. They’re terrible and have no conscience… people like that don’t realize that what comes around goes around and one day they’ll be suffering because of what they made someone else go through. You know you’re beautiful and we love you to death. Stay strong and stay beautiful Amy! <3

• Thanks for your comment =) I gotta look out for people I like so yea I had to say something, haha. I wish I didn't need too, but it is what it is in this world. She is indeed a VERY strong and beautiful person and I absolutely love her ^-^ haha

Nice to meet you AchingSoul :)

• Baby girl when these haters see how much love you’re getting their hearts are gonna sizzle and burrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnn! <3 hahaha

• You need to change your profile settings so that random people can't message you! That'll take care of the problem instantly :) i can't believe you're getting mean messages... wtf. You're so nice :(

• Aww thank you lol I thought I was being nice O. o clearly I pissed somebody off somewhere. I'm going to go have a looksie at my settings and sort it all now :)

• You ARE nice. The people messaging you are just dumb. really really dumb. :p hope you have your setting sorted out now :D

• i've never gotten messages like that on here. i don't know why anyone would do that. they really must have no lives though so just try not to listen to what they say and ignore them. maybe see if you can contact the admins to do something about it.

i sent you a message just now by the way o-o

• I know :/ I didn't think I'd upset anybody or anything, it just seems like a really nasty thing to spend so much of your time doing.

and thank you for my sweet message! :)

• I've only gotten a few really nasty messages from guys (and by "nasty" I mean actually insulting). I just block 'em, report 'em and call it a day.

If these girls delete their accounts, they're just there to troll you. I wouldn't pay them much mind.

• keep on blocking them

• I had this problem with a guy he have two accounts to talk with me and i don't know what to do with him 😕
    He thought I'm an idiot 😤

• It's really depressing after a while isn't it O. o I wish I could offer more help but I'm kind of stuck too, have you reported him? :)

• BHAHAHAHA I love this answer. you sound so funny (not in an insulting way!)

• Yes i did be he still annoying me everytime 😢

• Make it so randos can't message you

• Block them and also make your profile private so that way they can't message you. Don't leave on account of some stupid useless people, you seem like a fun, kind upbeat girl! Don't let the haters get you down!

• Thank you :) I might end up having to do that, I didn't want to though cos I was actually planning on talking to some people on here lol.

• You can still talk to the people that follow you or that you follow. Just anyone else won't be able to message you anymore without having to follow you with our permission :)

• I think I'll just do that :) thank you.

• I have not and ignore

• You should just make your acc private and allow only followers to message you only.

• Oh I didn't actually know you could do it that, I thought if you made your profile private then no one would be able to message you lol. Thank you! :)

• ,,, and you have to follow them too for them to message you.

• I just checked. It is listed as a second option.
      "Allow messages only from people I follow"

• turn your profile to private

• Ignore it or block them!

• If you're being harassed, please let us know! Help us help you :-)
    Report the user from their profile, block them from their profile, and don't respond.
    You can also set up your account to only receive messages from users you follow, or set your profile private.

For reference, this information can also be found in our FAQ http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq

• I did, so I set my account to private. You can block people as well.

• Yea I got a random message from this female user called allthingsitalia I noticed even on my old account that the mainly the female users like to bring the drama.

• Yeah I've noticed the same, I really don't get why people do it. I'm sorry you had problems aswell :( it really sucks.

• That hasn't happened to me but they're just losers harassing people online. Don't let it get to you. Igbore them the best that you can