How many of you guys wish that GAG had chat again?

I just miss it cause I miss chatting someone up real quick to get a quick opinion. Like I wish I could do now.

Most Helpful Guy

• Never really used it, but I still find it silly that we've lost more features than we've acquired through the change.

The inability to write Articles and Stories bugs me. I think I could cook up something good, but look at that - Articles aren't available anymore at all! Although if they add them, I hope they'll add the option to delete them. I did write some really stupid nonsense back in the day too, I'm glad those were deleted with the change - but still, no articles? Meh.

• Dude really? Aw that fuckn suck!! I was gonna write a damn awesome article but now I can't. This site kinda sucks now that they changed it all up. I get way less answers to my questions than I used to,

• I don't know if I like it yet lol

• You need to get used to the green for female and... orange? for male.
      After you do, it's glorious - the only reason why it looks so good inverted is because the whole thing is a strain on the eyes by default, hahaha

What Guys Said 11

• I wish it would return. Much more socialization was had in those times. Even if that's not what the website is intended for. Hell, I can even have it coded if it's that big of a deal.

• I'm kinda mixed on it. I used to get some really annoying people hitting me up for chat for ex-s/o rants and it got annoying. But I didn't mind some people. If they improved the chat a little that woulda helped though.

• The lack of instant messaging / chat is the only site change i bitch and complain about!

I miss it too. :(

• Never really used it on my previous account. Don't really care whether it comes back or not.

• Messaging works fine for me.

• ya but i hate waiting for the person to reply or if they will at all

• But this site relies on people answering questions... if there's a huge chat room, the users would stay there instead if answering questions.

• I saw no significant drop in questions being asked and answers being given

• I had a lot of random people trying to get my number back then, forcing me to make an awkward retreat :S

• What a remarkable pooper

I never had the experience of the chat features but the messaging thing they have is pretty awful. Very very irritating

• I think that's a great idea. I hope GaG decides to do that

• That sounds fun! Sadly before my days

• It was a nice feature. But I'll survive.

• i miss it. i hated it, but i miss it. one of those things you love to hate

What Girls Said 11

• I don't really care. I rarely used the chat system back then anyway. As soon as I would log on I would just turn off the chat function because I would just have people messaging me just wanting to talk about sex or exchange nudes which I had no desire to do. I have no problems simply messaging people with the system that is in place now.

• It's because you have pics up. I say this all the time. If you have pics up of yourself that are "sexy" or "glamour" or even just a plain old picture, as long as it's a pic of a girl, you will get messages like that. I figured that out pretty quick when I used to have pictures on here. It's pretty simple.

• When I took my pictures down, the amount of perviness stopped. It also helped that I blocked people from messaging me whom were not on my friends list. Maybe you had a come hither attitude.

• At the time the chat function was here, I just used this picture I found of a butterfly. Lol I don't know about a "come hither" attitude. I usually have a friendly personality but that's not an invitation to message me looking for nudes like a lot of guys used to do with the chat feature. Of course, I'm sure some of them probably couldn't tell the difference between being nice and flirting which could explain it.

I wouldn't care if the chat feature came back for other people since I know a lot of users liked it and want it back. I would just like an option to disable it for myself because I doubt I would ever use it if it were to come back.

• I've always been in favor of a return of some kind of chat bar.

• I wasn't here when GAG had a chat but that seems like it would be pretty cool.

• My experience with the chat was good and bad at the same time. So, if it comes back I'm okay but if it doesn't that's also good for me.

• Wasn't here then, but I see how it was better than msging.

• I miss it whis it was back.

• Like the way Facebook chat works or something? If that's the idea, I'm sold.

• There was a chatting service? I didn't know it but It'd be amazing if we had it now.

• We know guys, we know many of you miss it.
    We're considering bringing it back, but that's all it is right now.
    We'll let you know when and if any decisions are made.

• I think Articles should have a bit more extra priority (considering the XPER faq says "+100 for featured articles" and all that), and maybe a dark theme in which colors are inverted so that I don't need an extension for it. That's my take on it :D

• Chat was so cool. I was literally talking to 8 people at a time constantly and I didn't even have to stop answering questions.

• yeah i chatted and answered questions simultaneously all the time!!!

• Wasn't that thing called meebo?

• I never liked the chat but they should have kept it optional for those who wanted it. What I didn't like was that sometimes it logged on even if I didn't want it on, and I wouldn't realize it was on until someone messaged me. There should be an option to keep it off unless you decide you want it on. I'm actually surprised they got rid of it.