If you could give one piece of advice to the new users of GaG, what would it be?

I would advise them to always ask personal questions anonymously. Apparently some of you guys have amazing memories and will remember something said months ago.

Most Helpful Girl

• -- Do not believe everything you're told.
    -- Be careful when sharing personal information, through posts and messages.
    -- If your question doesn't get many opinions, DO NOT post it again, simply cash in Xper points to feature it.
    -- Please don't hesitate to come to us through Contact - http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact - to let us know if you're being harassed and/or bullied, or with site issues and concerns.
    -- Please please PLEASE read through the FAQ - http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq - as it really will answer a lot of your site-related questions and save you a lot of time.
    -- Resist the urge to fight with antagonistic users. Simply report their posts (and the user, if necessary). Don't dig yourself into a hole just because you're being trolled.
    -- If girls don't want messages from guys on the site, utilize the privacy settings available and choose your avatar carefully.
    -- Do not use special characters in your questions. They're fine for opinions, comments and for your profile, but they will be removed from your question titles and details.
    -- Please ONLY use the GirlsAskGuys topic for site related questions. It's not a 'general' 'catch-all' topic.
    -- Remember to ALWAYS put a sexuality related question in a sexuality topic, either Sexual Behavior or Sexual Health. If you don't, our mod team will hide your question until we admins can correct the topic and put it back up, which can take up to 24 hours.
    -- And finally, be genuine but have fun.

What Guys Said 17

• Just passing along another piece of advice I got somewhere, which is:

"Don't take advice from anyone who isn't where you want to be."

There's a lot of pessimism I see on here about relationships, beating the "friend zone" and about attracting the ones you want into your life. I would guess that a lot of these people are not in relationships with the ones they want themselves, or are not in relationships at all. I'm not in a relationship myself, but I'm not going to go and say it can't be done.

"The people who say it cannot be done should not get in the way of the people who are doing it."

• I'll answer with many questions I read here in my mind.
    The advice one of my teachers in HS gave us when we graduated, most of us going to college & university:

"Remember, when you're in college and you have a real good BF or GF and you break up, you're in deep sh*t."
    (I strongly suspect he had lived a negative experience himself) And it was the only advice he gave us.
    Looking back and around me I can only say the man was damn right.

• I'd honestly just tell them 'generalization based on gender is an error, and if you ever post about why women and men do x then I'll be telling you this'.

... yeah, otherwise, it s down to their own common sense. The best advice would be that "all input is valuable, ignore only the malicious trolls".

• quit while you're ahead:p haha jk I don't know im new too

• If you're female and use your photo for a profile pic. Set your profile to private. Especially if you're attractive.

Otherwise you'll get a lot of ignorant comments/requests/photos from guys.

• Aren't all of these questions, personal. If they weren't, they wouldn't be online doing it. Most people have a hard time talking about personal things in real life, so they come online and do it. Therefore all questions SHOULD be anonymous, right?

Speaking of answers, why are you not allowing anonymous answers for this, when you just said "people should go anonymous when asking their question". Hypocritical, yes?

One piece of advice to the new users, would be to listen to the song "Don't Question My Heart" by Saliva, about why some of us are still here

• Wear sunscreen. Sunscreen would be it. The long term benefits have been proven by science. Everything else on this site is pure opinion.

• ANY time a person undermines you, undervalues you, or mistreats you, it says WAY more about THAT person than it does you. The only thing you're responsible for is how you react to their bullshit.

• i would tell them to stay away from ma pikachu and ma luver so dont mess wif them! they both belong to meh <3

• follow your heart and your mind...

• Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

• Don't take the brown acid

• If you're a virgin don't answer sex questions. You are just going to end up looking like an idiot.

• Did this happen to you?

• No but I always chuckle when i see the opinions of people who openly admit that they are virgins. In my head I'm ways like "tell us more how to be better at something you have never even once attempted"

• It's funny that you say that and I'm a virgin that has openly admitted it and still managed to get BA/MH =)

• Ask and respond to as many questions as possible.

• Beware of the trolls!

• to not trust people here so much. there are a lot of ass kissing hypocrites here

• Reply to someone on THEIR opinion so they get the pings. noobs.

What Girls Said 8

• The One big thing I would say is: If you are going to Ask a Question, please be very specific in your explanations so myself, or others Here are Best to help you further. With This I mean, tell All the facts so that after, when wanting to give us an answer, there are No hidden surprises that should have been included in your story. This throws me a small curve ball, and although I do quite well here, I would like to do better by getting All the facts up front, Not After the fact.
    Other than that, new Gagers, enjoy, have fun, everyone here is cool and no one really knocks anyone else's opinions... Everyone is entitled to their Own opinions, and may the best guy or girl win for 'Most Helpful'... xx

• Ugh I'm so guilty of this :|

• lol... Not just u, but many others... However, later After the fact, I still get it pegged, and just now, for example... Got a 'Most helpful' regardless... lolxx

• Petition for meebo and friends instead of followers.

• Make your questions short and sweet, and break up your paragraphs, because no one wants to read big blocks of text.

• What you said is very true... I learned that the hard way =(

But anyway my word of advice would be not to scoop down to other GAGers level.

• Don't ask people to rate you, it makes you look like an ass.

• Beware of the creeps, i. e. the "I want pussy" guy and guys like him.

• I would tell them to make sure they keep their profile private because when I first joined I got bombarded with random emails from men and women bringing their forum drama to my private profile. I really didn't appreciate that because the drama was about someone else

• I never had that happen to me. That's a relief I hate to be involved in drama.

• Like you said ask personal questions anonymously and also stop it with the "rate me" questions

• Oh and also since I saw a question like this earlier for the love of God don't post pictures of your private parts *rolls eyes*

• Oh I hope they don't D=

• One girl DID, but it was either removed or she took it down. Nothing against her question, but just don't post pictures lol