Why do people here on GAG have no profile pic?

I mean what are you hiding for? If you are honest upload a profile pic.

Ohh I know now. Well half of the time I guess they do not want there crush to know that they are crushing about them and the questions they are asking. I did not think of that before actually.
I think you gagers agree with this right?

Most Helpful Girl

• Could be for professional reasons. Some of these questions and responses are graphic.

• We are all adults here. As long as the employee is performing well during work he or she is entitled for his personal life.

• You have a point. Infact I would to send you a private message to explain something to you. Is that O. K?

• Yeah that's fine:)

What Girls Said 28

• I am ugly so I don't want to show my face. Also, it's not likely that someone I know uses this site but you never know. I don't really care what anonymous strangers think but a lot of stuff I've shared on here (my virginity and insecurities and other things) I'd rather people not know. I actually found this site by googling something. Someone could stumble on this site through google. It's not likely, but you never know. I ran into my Kindergarten teacher two months ago and I am now 27. She was old back then, and I live far away from where I went to school when I was 5. That was an unlikely encounter, so who knows what else could happen. Stranger things have happened.

• This is why I dont post my picture cause there could be a chance someone you know could use this website. I remain anonymous on the internet but I mainly use this site cause I want to help people and learn more about the way the female mind works

• Many people like to remain anonymous on the Internet, especially on a site like this. I didn't show my face here for quite a while when I first joined, and this is the first time I've ever had a pic of me as my avatar. I just didn't want random people seeing my face I guess.

• I've written articles, posts and questions I'd like not to be related to, even though I'm really sure no-one I know uses this site. It doesn't mean I'm dishonest - I use my picture for nearly everything I use and it's a pain not being able to show my face on here but a little anonymity doesn't do any harm.

• My pic isn't of me, but i think it's a good reflection of what I'm like. I don't want to upload a photo because I don't trust the internet with it. And in regards to honesty, well transparency isn't necessarily honesty.

• This is not a dating site :P

• What the fuck? It does not need to be to upload your pic. It shows that you have nothing to hide and it is more nice when you are meeting new people. Upload a pic! Now. :)

• If somebody wants to see a pic of me I will gladly provide, if they inbox me :P as you said I have nothing to hide

• Ok I am going to inbox you. :)

• What I like about this site is that I dont know anybody, so I can speak freely about my opinions and thoughts. People not knowing who I am makes it easier. When you know someone you might feel pressured to say something to keep an image or right or would even have reservations on saying it to avoid confrontations.

• Whats the point of a picture - you will still never meet me plus people like to assume things about you on here I rather not

• Cuz i wanna see ur perrty face? Is dat enough or u want more :3

• hahaha... maybe someday

• Dat sumday will never come juz like any other. Its now or never ma belle!

• the internet can be a dangerous place.

• Back than u promise to show meh one day. What happen to da promise ma coco...

• I don't have a picture because I don't want anyone that I know to see it and relate it to me! Sometimes I don't think people close to me realise how hard of a time I have been having and it hurts my pride too must to let them see me weak. Under an imaginary user name and a hidden face it feels safer and more comfortable to show who I really am.

• Not everyone is comfortable with showing their face publicly, we have to respect that.

• What do these people do than? Do they lock themselves in a box because when they go outside there face could not be more public. Did you think of that Saves?

• Not sure what you're so upset about. On the internet you're free to give as much or as little information about yourself as you want. Some people show their face, some people share a lot of personal details about their lives on their profiles, some people use a pic of their pet instead. I don't see what the big deal is about it. Whatever you feel most comfortable with.

• I would much rather have a gorgeous guy on my avatar.

• Because they don't want random people to know what they look like?

• So what do you do you never get out of home, because that's what happens when you go out, random people know how you look like! Silly. :)

• Sorry lol

• Awww u badgurl, rejecting a man's confession :'(

• i don't show mine cause i don't wanna be treated differently for physical reasons
    and cause I'm pretty sure you guys want some straight ladies left on this sight
    *hair flip*

• I don't use a photo that looks like I normally dress because creepers. Seriously mega creepers.
    I was even debating putting that up, because people make tons of judgements based on what you look like. I think it's shallow and wouldn't mind avoiding it entirely.
    I've read so many random creeper comments (mostly from guys) talking about the boobs of some girl they don't even know or asking to see pictures of them like they're using them to get off. It's ridiculous.

• Do you mean the guys were flirting? Lots of girls like to flirt though.

• Asking someone to show you their tits isn't flirting.

• Because some people are ugly.
    Because some people are creepers.
    Because some people are afraid.
    Because they don't have a way to upload a picture.
    Because all of the above.

• Do you mean a real profile pic of them? I see some gag users do that but this is not Facebook so I don't post my real picture on here like I'm looking to add real life friends on here

• Yes I mean a real profile pic of themselves and what does Facebook has to do with this. I know what is this and as everybody knows you can be anonymous or be more open and put your real pic here too. So why don't you do it? That was my question!

• On Facebook I expect my friends that I talk to in real life to find me so of course I will put my real picture on Facebook. But I won't do it here because I only use this site to get advice and give advice.

• Like everyone said to remain anonymous

• I don't give a toss. Not here to prove anything to anyone. :)

• remain anonymous or little self confidence

• Why do you put your profile pic?

• Because I think it is more appropriate when you are meeting new people that they see who you actually are.

• I don't want to find any real life friends on here lol

• I don't know, but honestly this is the internet they could be lying anyways.

• Am not here for attention on my looks but to be helpful.

• Some people genuinely want to keep themselves 100% anonymous on the internet, at least here.
    Many people share more here than anywhere else, so they prefer to keep themselves as hidden as possible.

• I have trust issues. So basically to remain anonymous.

• Why should I? I don't understand why people put their profile picture, is it because they might get lucky?

• Step it up and get yo games together. We are waiting to see dat perrty face of urs

• Hahaa, very funny, guys

• Awww cmon cutie! I wanna see dat perrty face so BADLY Dx

• Because there is such things as serial killers, stalkers and creeps who can find people from the internet. Its not lack of self confidence but security

• I am too ugly so I don't.

What Guys Said 23

• I use an alternate email address & name to be on GAG not because I"m hiding but because my name is searchable on the internet and there are enough people who stalk me for various reasons :) Also that the emails from GAG are not routed into my personal a/c that I use for work :)

My profile pic defines what I am which is why it is so.

Also there are times like the past 3 days my profile pic was my face pic :)

People here are less judgmental than those in my real life :D

• Does it bother you? Some people just don't like exposing their face to strangers online. They feel uncomfortable for numerous possible reasons.

• I've had some pictures of myself here a while ago
    but I like to switch among pictures that matches
    certain feelings or emotions :3

• I wanted to answer your question too
      but noticed you answered it yourself ^-~

• Cop who works in a vice/drug unit.

Not likely anyone here would be able to tell. But...

• Whys it bother you so much? Lol

A lot of people prefer to remain anonymous in the internet.

• I'm about the message. Not the messenger.

• probably cause, they're wise...

• i share a lot of information on the internet, some that are pretty personal... and the last thing i would want is for someone to find out who i am by looking at my picture, or finding out my name for that matter.
    hope that makes sense

• @update: somewhat, yes. well, that's only a part of it. it also includes friends, family and pretty much anyone i know in real life. they could just scan all my questions and opinions and find out a lot about me, more than they actually need to.
      the only person i share that sort of information with is usually just my brother

• I think when you don't know the face behind the jokes it builds a better relationship with the entire community. Plus i'm too lazy to upload a pic..

• I personally don't see the point of everyone seeing my face. If someone is curious, I'll usually indulge them individually, but otherwise, no.

• I can't be bothered to take a photo of myself and upload. Also, it's like with any internet forum, I don't see a need for people to know what I look like and I don't really care what anyone else on here looks like either.

• I don't like attention. I don't want to be discovered by people I know. I don't really see any need to upload a profile pic, this is not dating site so no need to show face.

• Do I have to upload one? Its not FB. Its a Q&A site.

• Well you don't have to but why did you choose to be anonymous?

• Because it doesn't matter. Do you want to know my real name or what? Its Chris. I say it on public as you see.

• People want to remain anonymous? It's no one's business what they look like? Take your pick.

If someone doesn't have a face shot as their profile pic they're dishonest? I don't get it.

• I don't want you to masturbate to my photo.

• Don't worry my dear friend, even if you are Sean O' Pry I would not to that. Unless you were joking, I don't know.

• I guess it is a matter of personal preference.

• i think my current profile is cute than my actual face.

• Because they never had a photo taken of themselves before

• I agree %100

• this isn't a dating site

• Rule #2 We are Anonymous
    Rule #4 Anonymous is legion
    Rule #5 Anonymous never forgives
    Rule #6 Anonymous can be a horrible, senseless, uncaring monster
    Rule #7 Anonymous is still able to deliver

• Whole family on gag maybe? Lol

• Hmm that is actually quite a good reason. I am anonymous on Facebook for that reason and other unwelcome people nosing around.

• I think that is the only reason. If not family, definitely some friends whom you don't want to show your true colors.

• Because it bothers people like you so much.