Another change to GAG. Why make the avatars too small?

You now have to use a slider bar to see the whole picture/avatar of a user when you click on it. I can see absolutely no positive side to this change, and it certainly is ridiculous to have to do that (a definite negative). So to those gurus in the know, Why, Why, Why? Hopefully it will get changed back.

Yeah, I know. Not that big a deal, but it one of the recent changes that seems to make no sense and is detracting.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• I didn't notice it until now but you are right - my avatar is tiny. But its only some users. Like NoblessOblige for instance has his full avatar

• Really? I hadn't noticed...

Maybe it's because I use my phone... Everyone's pics look normal to me.

• lol... another change on gag

• No change has been made! :S

• Interestingly no change to yours, but look at others, such as Sparrow24's. It is especially interesting that it appears to affect most avatars, but some (at least yours) that are wider are not affected. Strange.

• Might be :/

• We know guys, haha! We know...
    We're working on it.

What Guys Said 3

• Some people's awesomeness can not be fully expressed without the use of a scroll bar, clearly.

• Or it is there to protect the viewer from the opposite of awesomeness. ;-}

• That's scenario is completely unrelatable for me, of course. But perhaps you're correct. ;-)

• They look fine to me. But I do wish we could post more than one picture on our profiles like we did in the past.

• Please click on Keyspirits name below to take you to his profile page. Then click on his picture to enlarge it. Surely it does not look fine to you?

• I honestly didn't notice at all this time. Which slider bar?

• Go to the user's profile page and click on the avatar to see it larger. Many avatars you can see clearly at the small size that is next to the questions/opinions. But some are so strange looking when so small that you need to see it larger to know what it is (or what the person looks like if it is a picture). Click on the user name to see the profile page, then click on the picture. The large picture that comes up is narrow and you have to use a slider bar at the bottom of the picture to move it around to see it all.

• Yea, I've noticed this too.