How long have you been a member of GAG and what are some things you've learned from it?

I have been on this site two years today. Surprisingly I've made a couple of genuine friends. I have also gone through many things in these two years and there have been more than one occasion where the GAG community has truly helped me. Whether that was a slap of reality I couldn't see or just some comforting reassurance.

There's always bad with the good but I personally am happy with my experience with this site so far lol. Guess I'm in a reflective mood this morning rofl.

So anywhooo... tell me, how long have you been on GAG and what are some things you learned while being here? Be genuine, be comical, be a smart ass... doesn't really matter haha. Just share your opinion (:

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. GAG sure has been an enlightening experience
    2. My faith of not to be judgmental of people has been reinforced here
    3. I've learnt not to get irritated or depressed with those judging me but I take them on instead turning tables on them :D
    4. GAG suddenly got into a mood for changes and constantly so which made me feel pleasant than adverse i. e. I learnt to accept changes & evolution while here
    5. I attained a new level of maturity by being on GAG
    6. I learnt that what may seem 'normal' and trivial for one may be of great importance to another - hence, appreciate everyone's sentiments & thoughts
    7. I learnt not to bother too much with earning points and stuff (I never did) especially when I noticed a lot of people whose Xper levels were reduced with introduction of the new GAG & the way they were miffed at it lol

What Guys Said 5

• I have no idea but I predate a lot of people. I am an "Old One". There are three things that I have learned though: "There is always Today.", "Whether you think so or not you care, and that's okay, and that's how you overcome things; confront instead of cower.", and finally, "Relax. It's temporary."

• I've been here on and off for 18 months over a few different accounts.

1) Strangers don't care about your issues or feelings. That's not to say their advice won't be useful, it often is in a practical sense, but if you are here for emotional support or to vent you are going to have a bad time.
    2) Men and women generally have no understanding of the issues each other face in dating.
    3) People are very ego/reputation driven. Even on a site where nobody knows each other and many post anonymously.
    4) People know nothing about fitness/the gym/dieting. No wonder obesity rates are so high.
    5) If you ask people to rate your appearance online, no matter how hideous you are, you will score at least a 5/10 on average.
    6) I'm not as much of a loser as I thought I was when I first joined here, I just hold myself to far higher standards than most people.

• Been a while, not sure exactly. This site is entertaining for sure. One thing I don't like is when they pull your questions off. I mean they have a "sex section" for a reason. Like yesterday I asked for any women that wanted to sex chat. I had one respond and we did our thing. But after I noticed my question was deleted and I had been reported. I mean come on. It's not like I'm harassing ppl. If they don't like the question move on to the next one. Who are you to say this is inappropriate for someone else. people talk about all kinds of things on here.

• Like 6-7 days
    Already have a couple of friends.
    Experience- Its a waste of time

• I've been here since a little more than a year, and these are the thingsI've learnt:-

Positives:-
    1) its a great site to ask question anonymously if they're too embarrassing, and get good answers.
    2) Its not always about 'looks' while dating, as most people here seem to agree.
    3) Got a lot of knowledge from my won as well as other questions, so that I never have to do those same mistakes while dating/having a relationship.
    4) Its really thrilling to accumulate Xper and progress!

Negatives:-
    1) White women on this site are extremely racist towards both men and women of other races. Strangely, I never noticed white men doing that to men or women or other ethnicities.
    2) The site is mostly populated by Americans and others from first world countries, so someone who resides in a third world country and posts non-anonymously, is gonna get humiliated and insulted badly.
    3) While choosing the best answer, almost everyone tends to pick the answer which agrees with their point of view, rather than the most helpful practical answer.

What Girls Said 5

• I have been here on and off for about four years. I created my current account about a year and a half ago. I have learned that men and women really aren't that much different in the problems we face and our thought-processes. I like being able to gauge the experiences of others and personally reflect on myself through them.

• I've been on here since October 2013. I learned there are a lot of people like me and I made some good friends here.

• I found out about gag when I googled about a problem and it had an answer to it. I asked many questions and got genuine answers. The Xper system makes it more exciting. All In all a good experience. I am glad to help many others looking for answers.

• 2 years. I have learn that there's some pretty cool people online. It's not a creepy place like I was always told when growing up. Of course there's some creeps in the GAG community, but I just ignore those.

• I've been a member of GAG since the summer of 2010, 4 year anniversary is coming up next month.
    I've learned a lot about myself, honestly... how well (or not so well) I handle people, confrontation, disagreements, insults, nonsense, etc.
    I've also learned that there are more people like me in existence than I thought.
    I still feel like a misunderstood weirdo, but just not as much, haha!
    I've also learned that people do not see me for who I am, most of the time. I'm a lot better at hiding things than I realized, which I can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing.