So I never really understood the whole voting thing on opinions?

Like an up vote a down vote like what's the point? I just don't understand! Is it like fb when you like something just for the hell of it? just curious

Most Helpful Girl

• It's just an easy, anonymous and efficient way agree/like or disagree/dislike, nothing more.
    No one is awarded any points, no one loses points, downvotes don't mean it'll be removed and upvotes don't automatically guarantee it'll be MH either.
    Hiding them until you vote has drastically cut down on the "trend voting" and people seem to put more thought into whether they upvote or downvote... it's been interesting to see that change.

• Thanks for MH!

What Guys Said 7

• It is a way to quickly and anonymously tell an opinion author that you liked or disliked what they wrote. Unlike adding an anonymous reply that says "I like what you said" and "I dislike what you said", the author is not given a notification that a reply was made. That's about all there is to it.

• It's just a rating for your answer. Some users may be interested in how others feel about their answer. Did others like it? Dislike it? What could be the reason? How can I make better answers in the future?

• Think of it more as an agree/disagree choice. Ultimately the votes don't do or mean anything. Just a way for you to agree or disagree with someone else without the hassle of actually typing.

• "Is it like fb when you like something just for the hell of it?"

Well, yeah... pretty much. :-)

• "VOTING" is just an illusion to give society... the illusion of change.

These elites would never let people vote if it actually "changed something" LOOOL

Elites have an agenda, and will do anything it takes to complete it.

Its rigged.

• I am new so I was kind of wondering the same thing.

• I would say it's similar to Facebook a lot of forums have them now or at least just a upvote.

What Girls Said 3

• It's simply used to express agreement or disagreement with a particular opinion. No xper points are awarded/taken away from it, it has no other purpose than to let the user know

• ... know how many users agreed or disagreed with them.

Sorry, accidentally submitted before I was done. Lol

• Oh okay I can understand that. Kinda like Facebook where everyone likes something just to like it.

• Yeah, it was so annoying. Newer users probably don't understand why the votes are hidden but if they had seen how it used to be, it would make more sense to them.

• It just means you're agreeing or disagreeing with that person.

• It is a way of saying that you agree/disagree or like/dislike with the opinion given.