Members' Choice Moderator - Who do you nominate?

The last time we did this, we got two great mods out of it, so I felt it was time to see who you'd nominate again :-)

Is there a GAGer who you feel really exemplifies the qualities of a Moderator?
Someone fair, who gives great advice and asks interesting questions, who keeps their composure during debates and discussions, someone who is generally respected, who is helpful to those in need?

Please share here letting us know who you think would be a good asset and we'll announce a new Members' Choice Moderator!

For more information about what they do, and who is on our existing mod team (so you don't nominate them), please check out Mod Blog.

**All negative commentary about members will be removed. Please stick to mentioning who would be GOOD at it.**
If you can't think of someone to nominate, there's no reason to post.

Thanks guys!

Thank you all so much for your suggestions!
We will be asking many of your nominations over time, so don't think we didn't listen - we absolutely have!

***Congratulate WhiteSteve on being our chosen Members' Choice Moderator!***

Most Helpful Guy

• Three that came to mind right away are the following. Just a coincidence that it's all dudes:

-cavmanier
    -PANDAmonium
    -WhiteSteve

What Guys Said 78

• "HandsomeRaj" would be really best if you ask me :)

• I vote you give Prof D his title back. You know he can do the job because he's done it once before. Beyond that I have no one else to nominate at this time.

• 13|7
    • Haha!
      Nominating yourself?

• Who would you really nominate?
      Yourself or?

• Redthread seems obvious but he probably isn't interested. I really like Harakiri and I know she use to be active but that may be changing. I also have a feeling she wouldn't want to do it though based on personality. Lots of others would be good though. After that I'd say MaskofInsanity because she's smart and objective. Lots of others could do it too: coco, saves, knotme, panda, Steve the best gag rapper. Others too

• Male vote: WhiteSteve

Female vote: JustBanANNAz

---

I remember this is how HoneyBee became a mod! :-P

• Oh yeah little Lioness is wise alright :) but guess she's been busy for a while now. upvote here :D

• Yes, that was quite... interesting, to say the least. Lol I'm glad the drama from that has died down. Haha

• Yeah White Steve is nice person and level headed.

• I vote for willow4 and Xpoison.
    As long as one of them gets mod status I'm happy ;)
    Willow4 is probably the sweetest girls I've ever come across But she is also very caring, very active on the site and also keeps her cool when most people would flip.
    Xpoison is great as well she is also caring and very fun to chat with, she is also not afraid to swing down the ban hammer if need be, she would get stuck in and not be afraid to sort out the issues, could be a great enforcer ;)

• Males:

RedThread, PANDAmonium, rthomas43

Females:

Oppaoppa, Knotme, Harakiri

• I'd like to nominate myself as the worst potential moderator ever =]

• Haha!
      So who do you think would the best?

• @AchingSoul24 "You're a total sweetheart." Because being on of those on here is what mods are.

• Redthread, gets my vote, he's pretty level headed. Like Spongebob. ;)

• I would have to go with White Steve he answered a lot of my controversial questions unbiased and respectful very good guy Honorable guy i would even say dont say that about too many people.

• yeah, he's a cool guy. +1

• I second WhiteSteve.

• Whoops meant to say i dont say that about a lot of people this was question he answered.
      Very curious why many are so intolerant of the Bible and what it says?

• Definitely, Willow4 without doubt the most approachable/helpful and just plain lovely girl on this site!

• Male- Prof_Don
    Female- COCOCHANEL
    Their very laid back got great personality

• PANDAmonium

• everyone I knew is gone, it seems. A recent favorite would be Hyped_up_on_coffee, though.

• How about getting rid of a few instead

• My votes for male are
    handsomeraj
    Prof don
    Yaddayaddayadda
    Females
    Gingerrr
    Harakiri
    Paris13

All the above i mentioned are great

• Thank you bro :) :) for thinking the way you do :) I appreciate it wholly :)

Ah again downvotes (honestly, this takes me back to my question on 'down votes')

• Hi bro... everywhere people will be there to pull someone by downvotes cause they are beneath us. Wants us to come down

• I wonder if yadda has even see this yet

• Been here for over 3 years Its time for me to show my stuff

• rthomas43 he's always useful and good in convo. And just look at his beard not to mention he got a haircut not too long ago. That's responsible

• That bearded Texan dude? yeah, his reply's are helpful to. Seems like a level headed guy

• No worries at all!

• He is objective you're right

• male= Prof_Don. he was once a super and i would love to see him comeback once more

female= COCOCHANEL. she made a lot of progress in her short time here

• Redthread since he's been here forever. He needs a campaign team or something.

• I nominate My great ally, great adviser, mentor, a top notch guru , Mr. Deep voice of GAG, the LION that lead the trolls, i mean SHEEP, lol, and The man of my dreams... HandsomeRaj

+1 vote for Cavmanier, Hyped, Harakiri and Saves.

• WOW thank you for that partner :) your words are insurmountably awesome - I am left with no words to describe that and yes lol I LOVE your humor ha ha ha - you got that sense of humor that tickles me a lot lol

• 9 now. you don't have to thank me :)

• 9 versus 10 lol - close ha ha

• Male- Prof_Don
    Female- COCOCHANEL

• Then I vote for the guy with the big beard!!

• I'm taking credit for this one whether you're referring to me or not lol

• nono, I was refering to you, I don't think there's another one who quite matches your beard here!

• Hahaha I like this one too

• I will go for harakiri... Yeah i nominate her. She is down to earth and never rude to anyone.. just like you sparrow :)
    And i guess, other one should be Knot me... she is very calm and sincere.
    On male gagers i would nominate kesarthorpe or handsome raj.

• White steve, prof don, tease girl, finding dreamland.

• Willow (and she doesn't need to thank me for nominating her, she know's I think she's great)

and

Saves

• I do need to thank you :) it means a lot you thought of me.

• Pah. You don't know what you're talking about. She is a nutjob.

• She really, really is.

• Come now my fellow GAGgers, we all know I'm as fair and balanced as Fox News.

• well looking at that long list of Mods you already have I can't really see the need to have any more that just sounds like it would cause more headache then it helps IMHO

I guess if I have to pick someone I'd agree with PANDAmonium and vote Knot me she is posting on here pretty much any time you get on the site and normally pretty level headed which is a plus for a Mod

• Knot me would be my vote.

• Whats the pay

• Alright this is very hard because i have no clue if these people have any moderating skill.
    On my own community i judge this by people being helpful but since thats the entire point of the site thats very hard to judge.

Based on what i experienced with some of the girl commenters here ill nominate the following.
    - oppaoppa : She seems very responsible and i don't think she would ever abuse her powers.
    - Harakiri : So she can execute her evil plans to takeover the world. I mean... i think she knows the difference between a good and bad question very well and she is a very active member.
    - Saves : She is also a very active member and just like harakiri i don't think she will be remove happy but rather then that let a question go until it goes out of hand.

I doubt any of my descriptions are actually accurate though since i don't have a good base to judge people.
    As for the people who nominated me. Thanks ^^. But i also don't think i would be a very suitable mod on here. I am not that active compared to many and while i hang around here more because of my holliday ill soon be back to work and that makes me unable to monitor the site often.

• More from Guys
    48

What Girls Said 54

• I always notice yaddayadda has very reasonable, down-to-earth, honest answers. Same with oppaoppa

I also agree with the other suggestions: harakiri and redthread.

That's a tough one, though…there are a lot of good GaGers out there!

• Oh yay, I was wondering when there was going to be another one of these! I have several users in mind:)

JustBanANNAz is a sweet girl and I think she would be fair. She is honest and speaks her mind and I have never seen her be rude or antagonistic. Although I'm not sure how active she is these days.

Centigrade is awesome! Super sweet guy, caring, gives good advice, and I've never seen him be hostile or aggressive to anyone, even people who pick fights with him. I have nothing but positive things to say about him.

P. S. I'm glad you mentioned that last point about no negative commentary. I hope this doesn't turn into a user-bashing thing like the last one. That was quite awkward. Lol

• OMG that is so sweet! Thanks a bunch! Im considering it, but I have no clue if im active enough, lol. I know I could never be the mod you are tho :)

If you wanna message me what it is you do, that would be awesome!

Thanks Bee! =)
      ps Anna told me she was leaving a while back so i dunno.

• Yeah I'll message you:)

And aww that's a shame. I'll miss her if she leaves.

• HandsomeRaj
    Centigrade
    SexPanther

These 3 are the first that came to mind! I really hope it will be one of them <3

• WhiteSteve ftw!!! He's my brother from another mother. He's a great guy and his advice is always solid, he can handle himself well in any situation. ++++++100 votes from me :-)

• WhiteSteve and teasegirl. I find them both cool. They can handle it.

• white Steve and the lovely willow4. :)

• I should add Sex panther. He is an all rounder.
      Thought provoking, deep and weirdly funny in a good way sometimes, if not self depreciated.

• Thank you so much for nominating me! :) Not sure I'd be a great mod lol but I really appreciate you thinking of me :)

• White Steve

• I'm gonna go with WhiteSteve. his opinions are good and seems like e great guy.

• RedThread!

• WhiteSteve
    Mesonfielde
    Cavmanier
    MaskofInsanity

• I nominated RedThread he asks pretty good questions and give great opinions also he's been here a while he is a guru.

• I haven't really been on here long enough to know that many users but I think a lot of people would make very good mods, most people seem respectful and tolerant of everybody.

I guess for a female mod I'd say:

LauraMarx - She was really helpful to me when I first came here and she seems to be very intelligent and doesn't enter into arguments very often at all.
    Paris13 - Always leaves helpful, thorough and encouraging opinions to people :)

Male:

Centigrade: Really sweet, caring person and he's always helpful and approachable. I don't think he'd like to do it though which is a shame cos he'd be so good!
    Kheserthorpe: Intelligent guy with a lot of life experience that I think he could bring :)
    WhiteSteve: I know he already seems to be a popular choice but he comes across very well rounded, balanced and light hearted in all his opinions.

• Prof_Don
    knotme
    HandsomeRaj
    Redthread
    COCOCHANEL

• I would pick myself, but it can't happen.
    Maybe that Cocochanel (: she's nice and I always see her here.

• MaskOfInsanity. She seems fair and gives great answers.

• WhiteSteve
    oppaoppa
    cavmanier
    MaskofInsanity

• Maybe not worst, but close :p

• Peoples are just mad at you for being so opinionated :/ What Insaan said.

• I'd like to add rthomas43 to my nominations.

• Female:
    *MaskofInsanity

Male:
    *Prof_Don
    *HandsomeRaj

All levelheaded and give good objective answers :)

• Males ~ Mesonfielde, CasaNobra, Whitesteve, maybe Sex_Panther if he wants. I highly doubt it.

Females~ chocolateismylover, COCOCHANEL, knotme.

• HandsomeRaj
    Mesonfielde

I would also nominate RedThread but a little birdie told me he doesn't want to be a mod?
    I can't think of a female user to nominate. But I can think of 2 male users who'd better NOT be a mod.

• When I said I can't think of a female user to nominate, I didn't mean none is worthy. I just meant that I can't think of any names right now.

• Thank you, young lady :) :)

• White Steve.

• I nominate oppaoppa, not sure if any males are fit as moderators

• Handsomeraj, sexpanther
    Harakiri,

• I nominate SaVes and Mesonfielde :)

• You can't nominate me simply because you love me, that's not how it works! :P

• It's nice to feel the love :3 thanks :D

• You know I'd be terrible at it. Hence the near unanimous downvotes.

• There's quite a few people who I think are good natured, reasonable and well spoken. I'm not sure whether they'd want to be a mod, but I'll nominate:

Findingdreamland
    Levin
    SaVes
    SexPanther

• Thank you. Kind of you

• It's my fault, I attract downvotes like no one else. :) CommieDearest received 26 (!) downvotes so far for nominating me! Haha.

• Well, if you're incurring the wrath of Gag bigots, then you must be doing something noble and righteous :)

• I vote for SaVes

• Harakiri Harakiri Harakiri

• If you're listening out there Harakiri, I'd like to apologize for being so rude. Let's try to mend the fences, shall we? I'll unblock you.

• I would like to nominate COCOCHANEL :)

• I nominate SaVes :)

• I agree with the 22 downvoters. :P

• It's not YOU who got the downvotes. They are all for ME. :)

• Yup, don't take it personally Turtle :P

• harakiri and SüßeJäger :)

• Red thread
    Oppaoppa
    I don't really remember nicknames so I'll have to check and add some names.
    Good luck to everyone!

• Sex_Panther, COCOCHANEL, knotme, rthomas43. Why do people care who I nominate? Jeez. Up votes and down votes. Who cares?

• More from Girls
    24