With users that are under 18 can we get an exact age next to their icon?

I mean I feel this way because sometimes I see them ask things in the sexuality section and I remember that we allow kids that are 13-14 on this site now and sometimes I feel guilty and over think if I'm giving someone that young advice that isn't age appropriate and shit

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a great suggestion that I'll be passing along, thanks :-)

• Thanks for MH!

What Guys Said 8

• I often wonder why that particular category is even visible to those tagged under 18 in the first place. As to whether I respond or not, that depends on the nature of the question, I suppose.

I'll give advice to anyone if I feel I'm in a position to give it, and that includes teenagers. I figure they're better off getting the reality of it here than some urban legend-type bullshit from their ignorant friends. Worry less about it being age appropriate, and more about it being accurate.

• i agree to some extent, but kids at these agees are more confused and use these website to get things clear. but again they get exposed to things that are not appropriate for their age.

• Technically for the under 18 group we are not supposed to allow anything that would not be in a sexual education class. But yes I think age would be more helpful, or at least a 16-18 group and an under 16 group might help.

• "Under 18) is all you need to know.

• Do away with categories. Have exact ages.

• They come on here young and I agree you just never know

• Half the ones I've seen on here are list as 18 to 24 then say that they're 15. The hell?

• Yes I agree

What Girls Said 4

• I think that would be a good idea. I know for myself, that would definitely help me when deciding which sexual questions from underage users to hide. Because I mean, there is a big difference between a 13 year old and a 17 year old.

Overly sexual questions from under 18 users are supposed to be reported/hidden as "adult content" but I do think knowing their exact age (or even just another age group like "13-15") would help a lot.

• I wish that we could see everyones exact age

• I fully agree with this.

• That's a good idea.