How do you feel about the large increase of teens on GAG?

Well obviously GAG is constantly becoming more and more popular everday and with many new members but something I've noticed is that the teen population on here is increasing... How does that make you feel?

At first there were only a few but now everytime I look I see uner 18 even some have enough balls to say they're actual age even if they aren't 16 or up.

But anyway how does that make you feel? Is it an improvement or not so much? Or do you simply not care? Annoyng or helpful? How do you think it will affect GAG?

It doesn't really bother me, but I do know that many people have mentioned that the same questions are constantly asked especially by teens.

And that some don't even care to help them or take our advice.

Most Helpful Guy

• Summer vacation is one good reason

But I think it's good that they are here than some place else. at least we got a great team going here to answer them and why not? If people in their 40s & 50s have questions then why can't those who need to really learn have and ask them. I feel good answering them when and where I can :)

Now if they care or take the opinions or not is upto them, we can't really govern that :)

• I love your answer =)

• Thank you young lady for your kind words and for your thoughtful gesture of selecting my opinion the MH :) :) I appreciate both wholly :)

Most Helpful Girl

• It makes sense to me that more teens are using this site. It's more geared towards the younger crowd

What Guys Said 15

• its all good except that every teen always asks about the same shit:p there is a search function ya know lol.

• It doesn't really order the questions according to date, though, so it's fairly useless. Whenever I need to find something I use Google with 'site:girlsaskguys. com'.

• oh rly, well I never tried using the search function but I assumed it functioned like it should lol. didn't know it was so crappy:D

• Well, we may as well replace the USA's terrible sex ed by providing actual answers to people's questions without telling them that the only reason why they shouldn't have sex is because they'll be stricken by lightning unless they sign a piece of paper for the government.

• Haha, what?

• Simply put, they're asking GAG because they don't really know where else to ask, in which case we may answer something much more logical than just saying "abstinence is the way of purity and so you shouldn't have sex until you're married because that's what is right because that's what we said because that's what they said", and not even mention contraceptive methods, safety or anything - because they're going to do it anyways. Might as well be informative, if no one else is.

• Not an improvement i'd guess but i'm a newbie, there's a lot of things on this site that teens, especially young teens , shouldn't be worrying about yet in my opinion. Also many young teens use a fake age on signing up so it's really difficult to tell just how many are about.

One good thing I find however is that they bring a refreshingly innocent view to conversations, albeit occasionally from naivety. They also tend to state the obvious where people need it and perhaps more experienced people dance around it

• Lot's of bored kids who need to get summer jobs. It'll go back to normal once school goes back. I dislike the EARLY teens that are sneaking on (like 12-14)

• the only way it really affects anything is how we may explain something or how adulterated our opinions, post, comments, and topics can be. It may annoy a few at first but the GaG website is simply becoming what it was meant to be in the first place; a place for adolescence to ask for advice from those with knowledge.

• Summer vacation isn't it?

• I honestly dont mind, more users means more chances of interesting questions. Or at least thats one way to look at it. And besides repetitive questions dont really bother me honestly. People will always have questions pertaining to themselves and even if there has been similar situations to theirs they will still want answers that are thought up and directed at themselves. Just the way things are. So to summarize I dont care.

• Never really paid much attention to the sudden increase of teens on gag, but feel they should raise the minimum age back to 16 and older. Don't know if it's just me, but it seems like ever since the major update awhile back, the join and leave rate has went up quite a bit.

• Oh so they did lower the age group... I thought everyone was just lying about their age.

• Yes they did, and if I remember correctly I think they lowered the age limit to 12 or 13.

• It's gone unnoticed.

• Haven't noticed a change.

• i think it´s a bitstrange and awkward... i wouldn´t talk to people who are that young about the stuff i talk about on here in real life.

• I don't like it under 16's shouldn't be on here it's not really appropriate. And under 18's should just have their own section.

• Okay I was with you at first until you said own section.

Everyone that is young isn't immature and asks a bunch of obvious questions or troll.

I'm 16 been here since 15 yeah I know I shouldn't have but many people find my advice useful and I'm pretty mature.

• Obviously teens are more inexperienced and have more questions about the opposite gender, so it would make more sense to me if there were more teens on here than adults.

• I didn't really notice, it doesn't bother me

• I don't care really

What Girls Said 7

• Well I have been here since January 2013 haha, but I try to search for questions I need answers to, instead of reposting, unless I am looking for chatting like what do you like, weather , stuff like that. I guess the underage members have increased because usually those teen, high school years represent the main dilemmas and problems: does he like me, I've never had a boyfriend, how to kiss, I am pregnant (lol) and others. After high school you kind of learn some of those things , but that doesn't mean it's for sure. i don't think it affects that much since there are mature people here than can even wake up some kids here to reality. And I've seen some teens here that really give good opinions and think more rationally than some here :)

• A little annoyed just because some of them just troll and also ask obvious questions. I think one way it's already had an affect is a lot of older users left, but that was also due to the site changes in general I think.

• Annoyed i don't want to give them age inapropriate advice. It makes me feel old

• I've gotten use to them

• i haven't noticed

• I barely notice it.

• I'm probably at risk of sounding like a complete dumbass, however, what exactly is GAG? I keep hearing the name over and over but i still have no clue as to what exactly it is haha..