Why was the "would you date me" option removed from GAG?

I see so many questions of "would you rate me" and it's kind of annoying. People fish for compliments or "honest opinions" all the time. There was a section for that purpose. Maybe if it was still available we wouldn't have these questions coming up so often.

Most Helpful Guy

• Reality Check?

Because there were would you rate me questions even with that thing going on.
    People weren't using it. It's really strange to be specifically looking at a section where you can specifically do nothing but look at insecure people and rate them. Basically it's an "insecure hot or not". So it was not as popular as it seems.

Now for writing stories and articles, on the other hand... especially articles. I wrote 3 articles, two of them were terrible but I couldn't delete them for some reason, but the third one was kept and is still featured, so that's cool. There's a chance people still have stuff to say, but they currently cannot, which sucks.

• I wanted to write an article on what I think it's an important subject but I have terrible composition skills so I never did.

• ... conceptual nonsense that was based on nothing BUT it seemed to make sense to me at the time
      I won't go into detail, I am absolutely not proud of them XD

• I'm glad that helped :D

What Guys Said 13

• No one used it much. Some posts would have like 5 post, 4 of which were made in 2010 and the other in 2011.
    I think that the problem was that it was too random. You couldn't pick who you wanted to rate. And you couldn't see the earlier one vs older post. Also there were different reality checks for guys vs girls

• Yes you could into everyone's profile and see if they had that rate thing posted. If they did you could specifically rage the user you wanted.

• That takes so much energy. Wouldn't the user also need to be have a public profile or friends with the people who rate him or her

• It's for getting more people to opine on more questions. Removing the bar only allows the questions to be viewed by more people and opined as many in number which is what GAG's intent is :) more traffic :)

• No one ever used it and there wasn't much attention drawn to it. I made one and never got opinions, plus I couldn't even figure out how to view others really although I never looked into it.

• When they changed to this new format, they mentioned that they were scrapping that section and making it possible for people to post it as a question just like any other question. Most times I skip these questions, but sometimes I do click on them just out of curiosity.

• I would date you.

• I can imagine it was a bit dangerous for judgmental answers.
    Imagine some creep would have said "no I don't date black girls".
    That's not what we ever want to hear... we want kind and honest advice. Nothing that could make someone feel hurt.
    What I find worse is that there's no more possibility to choose up to 3 topics for you questions.
    People follow topics, and posting in 3 topics will trigger far more answers!

• The section had more than yes or no to the would you date me.
      You had to rate the pictures from 1-10 and the description each person made. Also you had an option to explain the answer. Nothing different from what people are doing now.

• There you have point: it could have avoided all the "rate me" questions.
      Hadn't looked at it that way... sorry for that. Now I agree with you!

• probably too much trolling. but it could have just been an unpopular feature as well.

• There wasn't a way to troll on that. You had to upload a picture and you has to describe the date.

• You could see what user it was and private message him or her if you really wanted to know why they said that

• Hm. Well, my guess is obscurity, then.

• Because it was silly.

• Oh so all these boys and girls asking for an evaluation on their looks is not silly?

• Well how they had it before was a good way of avoiding it to be an every day thing.

• I disagree. Keeping a system no one used would not have really staved off the flood of behaviors started by a new generation of users. In a sense a lot of the questions have changed and the nature of the answers have too; while it is slightly regressive in my opinion it's actually a slightly more ditzy experience and less... "heavy".

• Would you rate me?

• No, you to me are invisible.

• And even I weren't, how would you know if it's actually me or an imposter? That's why I barely rate people here.

• You have an excellent point!!

• 4 minutes. it takes 4 minutes for moderators to remove a question. Just asked a trolling question and it took 4 minuits. Yes its 4 minutes. I know it now. I can die in peace now. Yes yes yes.

• You're wrong. I placed an extremely volatile question on here yesterday. It was gone in 16 seconds.

• How about I told you that today on a ass licking post. haha that should help.

• Oh gotcha

• Maybe users didn't get much feedback on it, and it was more or less a neglected feature on this site they finally dumped

• Maybe if it was a HUGE sign on each persons profile saying "rate me over here" and a complete different section as "rate GAGers here" it would be good to have it again.
      Of course the people that don't need validation and don't want to see those questions wouldn't have to see them at all unless they specifically look for them

• It could have made the members feel bad if they put a lot of thought into it, only to get ignored by everyone. Then they quit the site/drive away future members.

• But the site is MUCH more than rating people

• I agree here

• There's almost as many questions complaining about the rate-me questions as there are actual rate-me questions. Just ignore them if you dont like them. Theyre easy to spot. Dont even need to click on them.

What Girls Said 4

• I think it was removed because no one really used it, but with all these new users asking these questions I think we need it back.

• There was a section for that? They should bring it back then because people are certainly asking too many rate me questions.

• Yes they had to upload a picture and describe what their perfect date would be and what would they wear and what would the other person know about them once the date was over. And a 1-10 scale on looks. Also an option for other users to talk more about it.

• Reality Check was a dead end on the site, essentially.
    Not many people used it, therefore the feedback was minimal.

We are considering creating a topic, "Rate Me" or something similar, and then you guys will be able to block that topic if you're not interested in those questions at all.
    So look for that, should be coming soon :-)

The reason there seem to be so many now is because we're getting a lot of new members, and that's what they ask first. After they've asked it though, they shouldn't be asking again, so if you see duplicates, we always encourage you guys to report them.

• You're my savior. I can't wait to block those questions all together. XD

• Which disappeared quickly, haha!

• Yes ! That was the most frustrating 48 hours ever

• I don't think anyone really used that section