What do you think about questions asked very often about race/color on GAG?

the title says it all.. what do you think about it? personally i'm kind if sad while thinking to what extent people do not feel secure about their ethnicity.. think they should be proud of it... also people should realize that every one is different... so why are some GAGers obsessed about colour? wtf?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok, first of all, I don't tolerate people who ask that, as I was brought up to love each and every individual as a Human Being. My former Step-Father on the other hand won't agree with me. When I started High School, I started dating a girl who was mixed (Black/White). My mother was happy for me, but yet she had reserves because of what would've happened had my former Step-Father had found out. So far in my life I have been with White, Black, Native American and Hispanic females. I am open to ALL Nationalities.

What Guys Said 11

• Because it still seems to matter.

Because even in some areas where people don't care, they may still aren't sure how people of other ethnicities see them.

Yeah, there is the odd reactionary or backwards post here, but if you look honestly, you'll see that most people here are very open minded, most people here are very open to interracial dating, etc. You can get hung up on the 'no i'd never' people if you want, but they're the minority here, and there's some value in actually hearing the majority view.

• They're a waste of time / Given the age profile of users, you'll get kneejerk, unreflective responses, name-calling, and whining to the admin so that they wind up deleting those questions!

If we wanted to have a discussion on those questions, you'd have to have an over 21 section of Gag, and of course the 13 year olds would still lie their way in.

• If everything were perfect then where's the fun and why GAG? ;)

Even animals have a more eventful life than the gods so I assume. We were created probably because their life of perfection up (or wherever) there was so boring :D

It's only human to be obsessed with something or the other, forms a part of purpose of going on :)

• It's not right for people to ask questions about color/race
    in my opinion for myself we are all Gods children as one
    it's sad to think websites allow them questions to be asked
    i find these questions start out to be asked by one person
    than you see all the same questions pop up so they have
    multiple accounts on here that are both fake with them
    portraying their self female/ male they start out as a nice
    female soon you see all these other questions pop up
    you know why cause it's all the same person doing it
    you be surprise who they are, I myself thinks it sucks i
    been hurt all my life i can't think of getting on a website
    to ask such questions or even portraying myself to
    be someone else to ask these questions i caught
    on few things here yesterday and the user got very
    defensive with me when i asked them about question
    that i find is very touching i can't say much here
    all i can say it's sad and should not be happening

• I don't mind them, at least they're being asked. sometimes they could be funny questions

• They are important. A website dedicated to helping people find out things about themselves and their situations will incorporate all elements of identity and no matter how many times progressives state that race isn't a "thing", it is. When we actually accept it as a "thing" we can really make progress.

• yep i agree that its important but every day i get on GAG i see too many questions about ethnic difference and insecurity

• GaG is where the insecure come. As I said no fragment of identity will be left out.

• This is a good answer. The repetitive questions and the very specific questions do get tedious sometimes though

• I think there fine, most ask in ignorance and need another point of view , then what they have been told all their lives.

• I'm tired of them. I'm also very annoyed at the inconsistency of the admins. They are not monitoring these repetitive questions. Also, they deleted my question very similar to this question asking about another group of questions. Hypocrites.

• since most of them are from teenagers . i feel there is no hope for humanity for next hundred years.

• I could say the same about RAATE ME questions. And we all know that American users that are white are usually the only ones who are uncomfortable about race questions unless its a non white girl asking if white guys would date a non white girl. I've seen those questions repeated and repeated on here and not one person bitch, whine, and moan about how many times that question got repeated.

• I generally think that they are Psychology or African American Studies students that got railed up by some professor about injustice and then they come looking for an argument on the internet by posting bias stuff. Chastising people of a race that perpetrated an injustice in their mind is vindication, but in reality it is only bullying by a racist that is playing tit for tat.

What Girls Said 8

• It's kind of irritating and annoying at times. I mean, questions like that are just asked so often and cause so much controversy. Racism is very much alive, as I have seen numerous times on here. I have no idea why some people are still so obsessed with race.

But, as long as the concept of "race" is still prevalent in society, there will be people who place a lot of emphasis on race and judge others based on racial stereotypes. It's actually quite sad that in a civilized society, peoples' skin tones matter so much.

• They're all pretty annoying.

It seems like just about everyone doesn't accept their race on here ir wish they were another one.

Or think just because they're one race they can't get someone with a different race.

Worst of all I hate when someone with one race thinks they're better than everyone else or the most preferred.

• You know when I see those questions I think "Is this even still an issue?"

But then I see some other questions and I can see why people are insecure. For example, there was one girl asking a question about her parents disapproving of her relationship with a black guy. Multiple male answers basically said "I wouldn't date you if you'd been with a black guy".

Race is still an issue and interracial dating is taboo to so many people.

• Some GaGers are obsessed about colour because society itself is obsessed about colour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkpUyB2xgTM

• makes sense but really sad

• Wow, that's so sad. It's a shame that kids learn from society to associate skin color with certain characteristics like ugly, pretty, bad, or good. This is just so wrong...

• Its fucking annoying. I think its just one over insecure dude.

• yeah so fucking annoying!!! do you think its only one guy who is concerned with those questions?

• Ignorance is a bliss sometimes. Maybe they do not deserve our precious time.

• It honestly surprises me that so many people still care so much about race.

• yep its so sad

• I'm in small town TX and it never comes up here, that should tell you something, haha!

• I think it's an uncomfortable subject but it's very real. Even in this day and age interracial dating isn't completely tolerated and accepted