What do you think of anonymous users?

I personally find some anonymous people kinda strange since they say very reasonable things but still go anonymous
Example :" I like cake" on a question like what's your fav food
Why would you go anonymous for that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because people on here can be weirdo asshats and follow users around being dirtbags at every opportunity. It's easier to just make every answer just about anonymous and that way you don't have to deal with that BS.

• Then you block those users. ...
      Problem solved

• I come here for the anonymity. The more the better.

• Why the fuck does that deserve a downvote? Why can't a person just say what they feel like without some person judging them on it? That's why I go anon to begin with, such judgmental pricks.

What Girls Said 16

• I don't care. They have the right to be anonymous just as much as we have the right to not be anonymous.

• I've gotten use to it. I don't know why people go anonymous period. Its not like people on here know you in the real world

• They don't really bother me/I don't think much of it.

The only time I can't stand when someone goes anonymous is when they say something rude but is too ashamed to show their identity because they know they're wrong.

But other wise yes some people go anonymous for no absolute reason but it doesn't bother me because I wouldn't have known them anyway.

And I'm sure everyone on here has went anonymous at least one time before do to personal reasons/protect their identity.

• Never whent anonymous, did share private espacts of my life
      Only not my real name, I like to leave traces of myself on the Internet
      IRL friends could find my gag account if they searched really really well

• Thats pretty interesting I'd die if my friends and especially family found me and some of the stuff I've said.

• Let's say I keep this as a backup if I ever make a sertain decision
      Then they will also start digging

• I am ok with them. There is an anonymous feature and they are using it. Sometimes I feel the feature is violated though.

• Not sure. I try to only do anon when it's something controversial. I don't want to make enemies based on political, religious, or ethical preferences.

• Yeah anon's are weird. The only times I go on anon is when I feel sort of weird or I want to be 100% honest without getting hate for it

• Depends on what they say and how they behave, like with everyone else on here.

But I definitely agree with you about those "I like cake" kind of anonymous posters. Very weird.

• Some shouldn't have the privilege of that feature

• At the end of the day even if they are anonymous it will not keep them from getting notifications to their account and getting their account deleted

A lot of anonymous users are ignorant to how the anon feature works
    Answering and asking questions anon allows blocked users to answer

• ya some are weird for sure, i only go anonymous if i want to give an honest answer and i don't want to get blocked.

• in my opinion it's way over used.

• Many people post anonymously to avoid members contacting them, harassing them, stalking them, fighting with them, etc.
    They simply feel more comfortably sharing posts, but nothing else.

• It's my right to be anonymous! And I shall be for this question too

• But why?, I am not trying to insult any of the anon users yust wanna know why

• Coz they don't want to be part of the next "am I, she, he, they; fat, chubby, big" question. Especially for cake.

• I've just always answered anon... keeps people from being biased in my opinion :P

• I mostly do anon because some dude on yahoo answers read all of my previous posts and then insisted he knew me better than anyone and I was a bitch for not meeting him in person. A few times a week. For months.

What Guys Said 15

• I know, right? "Hi! What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?" Anonymous. Really?

Sometimes, they add an "lol".

• I find it kind of funny when they're being obnoxious or rude, or even aggressive, while anonymous. Yes, you're such an Ubermensch, when you won't even show your real handle on-line, which is basically anonymous anyway.

• They annoy me so much. I hate it when people go anonymous to say what their favorite color is and bs like that -_-

• Becuase we can track thier mind by knowing what colour they like
      ANd then we can extract thier brains to feed it to the pets :)

Prob what anonymous users think :p

• Some just don't want their identity to be revealed for anything. It's just the way they are.

• I've wondered that myself. I would suspect those that always ask and answer anonymously on gag would prefer to be anonymous in real life as well. Wall flowers.

• I understand why the system is there but it's abused.

• People have a "reputation" to protect, for example, I would guess that many moderators go anonymous because they have a large following who respects them for their very "educated" and "noble" opinions. I never went anonymous but I can see the advantages of going anonymous.

• I like them, they actually bring up interesting topics instead of the same boring stuff.

Except the penis dudes.

• I never answer anon.. i got nothing to hide what so ever and not really ashamed of what i say

• For the fun of it lol they may just be use to being anonymous, since that's what you are on the internet, really
    (I was about to put this up anonymously, but I never use that feature lol)

• Lack of self-confidence, or just want privacy.

• Still I also want my privacy, as long as you don't get my real name im fine

• Anonymous feature is part of this website , if you find some anonymous users kinda strange, feel free to create your own website. :)

• 1 o can't code
      2 I lack money
      3 I lack motivation
      4 I lack space
      5 I lack cpu power to run a site
      6 I simply asked them why, I am not assaulting them

• I do not whine about it I yust dont understand why they use it and here I can could become more understanding for the anon user
      I do not hate on them, nor do they bother me
      I yust dont understand why they use it always

• beacuse anon freedom features is like a bonus salary or a freebies. Also different people, different color , different motives, approach and reasons, this is human beings buddy. its my own freedom either to answer a question in a nonsense way or ask a question with obvious answer.

• Usually people that have low self esteem

• I go anonymous more than I show myself, I do so because it prevents carried prejudice