Why is it that just because my profile says (under 18) people automatically assume that I'm like 14?

My profile says (under 18). What it doesn't say is that I'll be 18 in like 2 months. Why is every one on here automatically assumes that I'm 14?

Most Helpful Girl

• The age has lowered a lot since when I first joined in.
    It's very hard to tell. Either way, I don't care. I'm very straightforward with my opinions. Whether young or old. Love it or hate it. My advice is there along with others. I was in your same opposition a year or two ago. Don't worry. You'll be 18 soon enough. No more sugar coating, if that's what bothers you.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 14

• My immediate assumption is 17. It surprises me when people say that they're 13 or 14. To me, that's an age for spending time outside with living people.

• I'm assuming you're the user who posted the 40-year old guy and the everyone outside is naked questions?
    (Get an account, you bum! We can't tell who you are!)
    I think it could be that people interpreted the questions as someone only someone a little younger would post.
    I don't want to say childish, because I don't feel that way. I thought some of the responses were gold. I had fun reading those.

But yeah, it could be the content of your posts that make people feel you're in your mid-teens, or alternatively, people don't want to risk talking to someone as is they are 18, when they turn out to be 12 or something. It's weird, man. Nothing personal.

• Actually no I'm not the one that posted that. I actually have no idea what you're talking about O. o

• Your parents can't force you to get married. In any time frame. While I would happily answer any questions I could, regardless of your age (Well, within reason, I guess.) I would hope you're not asking out of some strange sense of obligation, rather than a genuine curiosity of sorts.

• Genuine curiosity. I feel lost in relationships. I don't know how to handle some of the things that come up. I can't tell if its me or my boyfriend being immature sometimes. Its confusing.

• I wish they replaced it with estimated age where others select how old they think you are.
    It would give interesting results.

• I get the same thing... just because my profile is 36-45 doesn't mean im 45... in fact i just turn 37..

• hahahaha I like this post. well I don't know but I didn't assume you were like 14. actually from reading your post I thought you were on the brink of 18, which you actually are.

• I assume 15-16, but yeah, what you're saying makes perfect sense. Then in 2 months, you'll be considered on the same level of maturity as I am based on numbers, rejoice!

• Its dumb. It should just tell the exact age so you know what you can and cannot say.

• It's not even just that, people are exposed to more information over time and become less ignorant of things.

• Yeah.

• I never thought that.

• Its just that the underage thing , throws people off, and they assume your immature and reckless, its nothing personal

• I know what you mean well they think someone Over 45 is
    50 years old when in fact I'm 46

• Can't say I've ever experienced this, but if you read my opinions, it's kinda clear why.

• It's quite easy to estimate the age of someone if you judge by the way the write and how mature their opinions are actually. I'm not sure though, I haven't gotten any comments from people who think I am 14 (not yet, atleast).

• I've been told I talk way more mature than I look. I think its just people automatically assuming that I'm young. I ask more about relationship stuff and people just automatically assume that I'm too young to even think about having a boyfriend.

• Yep, the opposite sex is confusing for both genders.

• Exactly! Glad to know I'm not alone

• I always just automatically assume 16-17. I don't know

• I don't know but I've gotten great answers from them

• Because under 18s are young and dumb

• I don't go out and get drunk, or do drugs, I'm one of the smartest and best put together teens in my family. I've had the order of my life together since I was twelve. I'm not dumb.

• I've actually seen a bunch of under 18s write much more informative answers than the 25-35 range.

• THANK YOU!

What Girls Said 4

• Because we have no way of knowing for sure and ever since the site lowered the age limit to 13, most users probably feel that they should be careful with what they say just in case it IS a 13 or 14 year old. This is why I think the admins should form a new age group like "under 16" or something since there is a big difference between a 13 year old and a 17 year old.

• I have a picture so I usually don't get that assumption

• Even when I don't ask anonymously, people think I'm like 14

• you have a display pic?

• Yes. I do. Its a pic of my boyfriend and I. I usually ask anonymously though.

• Because it shows an age range, the only way people would know your actual age is if you mention it, of course :-)

• People on here have issues and think that under 18 means there is some type of
    Magical numbers that keep you from knowing things

On a side note most of the moderators are s$&@