Over 18 crowd! How do you feel about the under 18 crowd participating?

Anybody else feel that the under 18 crowd shouldn't be able to participate in the sexual content topics? For instance, I don't like reading questions from 14 year olds on how to give oral. To see 30 year old guys teaching 14 year old girls how to do it is a bit disturbing. There are too many perverts trolling through anyway. This is a green light for many of them.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's kind of weird... when I first joined on this site you had to be at least 16... which is the legal age in many places around the world including 31 states in the United States. Of course there were always a few 14/15 year olds that would come on and ask sexual questions but their profile would say that they were 18-24... but then admit their own age in the question itself. Back then, these questions were deleted and so were their account since the age on their account did not match their actual age, and because they were too young to join. It kind of looks like GAG has gotten more lenient on this kind of thing. Probably because it's hard to control. If the girl or guy is 16/17 years old, I don't feel weird giving them advice since I was sexually active at that age, but I do kind of feel weird when I see a 14 year old asking a sexual question. It gets to the point of making it hard to answer it without being explicit and breaking the sites rules. However, at the same time if the 14 year old is going to be engaging in sexual activities, all we can really say is that we encourage them not too, but if they ignore our encouragement to not engage, then they should at least know the safest ways to keep themselves out of harms way. Whether that be harm by getting beaten up or taking advantage of or harmed in a way of contracting an STD, or even emotionally harmed.

What Guys Said 30

• 1. Age out here is by admission not by verification
    2. Perverts are around everywhere especially the internet but guess with good members, admins and mods we can manage them pretty well
    3. Under 18s got a right to be here, they are at an age where they are growing up and luckily in this era they have GAG and similar where they can interact with those who are older w/o being judged (though there are those who judge), be open and talk about things that they can't discuss with someone in person
    4. These kids must be encouraged (a lot of them don't like me referring to them as 'kids' lol)
    5. When there's a sex-ed class it's a 30 or 40 etc yo who's teaching the same age. There are certain things I don't opine to if I can't find the right words i. e. keep it logical and scientific
    6. I had long ago mentioned that opinions to sexual questions from under 18s should be moderated and watched out for. Not that their questions should be moderated or stopped but the opinions must be moderated before allowing to be posted

• its almost all they ever ask about, that and does he like me? what do i do?:p i dont think they should be able to ask for sexual advice lol.

• When you try to restrict young kids they will rebel. Just because morally we have a issue with it doesn't change the fact that they are growing up and this is the reality of the world we live in.

Don't get me wrong I feel a little awkward about it too but regardless they are getting out into the world and instead of shielding and sheltering them it may be easier to guide and discuss the topics with them. Promote safeties and ideas of waiting if you want but putting up a barrier will only cause tension in the community.

Last thing we need is more trolls. Right?

• when i was 14 i wanted any and all advice on how to "please" girls sexually. like if there was one answer to that question lol. now that i'm not that far from 30 (scary!) i would smack my kid if i found out they were asking these questions. but u know what? its societies fault. how are u gonna show kids what real love is when there's twerking and stoned college kids setting trends these days? at the same time our own parents probably were asking the same question. so i guess its up to every individual kid to learn on their own. the smart ones will make good money, the dumb ones will have 5 kids and make minimum wage.

• I think it's really weird and wrong when I see a question asking how to give oral to a girl and an under 18 girl answers with a full list of detailed steps.___.

• Here's the deal, bro. You can either send your kids into the jungle of high school knowing nothing about sex, how to be safe, STD's, Pregnancy, and safer alternatives of sex... Or, you can send them into high school armed with knowledge about safe sex, STD's, Pregnancy, and safer alternatives of sex. The problem is, parents like you don't teach their kids about safe sex, STD's, Pregnancy, and safer alternatives. So how are these kids supposed to learn how to be safe? According to you, they aren't. According to you, I should be "shielded" because I am fourteen years old. Well luckily, these fourteen year olds have another way of learning how to be safe. For many of them, this site is where they learn safe sex because parents like you refuse to teach them. I feel glad when I see young people asking about safer sex. That same girl asking how to administer fellatio, might have been the girl that got pregnant because she didn't know about fellatio and how it's safer than intercourse.

• ON THIS SITE!

• @zeke
      You idiot where in the fuck does it say in my response that I think it's wrong for teens to ask questions about sex? You don't even have the mental capacity to comprehend a simple paragraph. You're obviously handicapped by your young and inexperienced 14 year old brain.

I said I think it's wrong when I see a girl ANSWERING a question about how to give oral to a girl with a Full list of detailed steps.

Yes, there's a big difference between the two.

• I'm always surprised when I read comments from under 18 people that make far more sense than what I read from the 30-35 range, the elderly posting about "boys being feminized and how terrible it is that they will no longer be manly" and I'm like wth is this and under 18s understand the problems with this approach

But then again when I see an under-18 sexuality topic I respond the answer and that "But you shouldn't care about these things but if you do then use a condom"

• its kinda weird sometimes i think...
    because you dont know how to answer sometimes because they may even be eleven.. hopefully not!
    and they shouldn't be on here. but at the same time it can be helpful. depending on the question and answers

• eh, it's a bit weird with some of that kinda stuff. However I feel like the youth is severely lacking proper sexual education and as older people with experience it's kind of a good thing for us to help them. The bj question I don't know about though

• Right. I get clean questions in regards to sexual health and well being, bit I'm not going to explain I details technique.

• They already have some sort of restrictions, but if anything, we'll never know if they're lying about their age or not anyway. A lot of kids have ridiculously easy access to the internet now and nothing really stops them anyway.

• I hit the back button as soon as I see sexual and underage. It is really creepy and I will not be a part of any of it.

• i agree with you 100%.

but i think under 18 cats shouldn't even be allow in this site at all. not only are the majority of them just trolls but i think this site should be more for the grown folks

• I dont see anything wrong with the 13-17 crowd here.

I see your concern with the "how to" sexual questions from 13-15 year olds. I don't believe those questions are allowed by the under 18 group anyways via the site rules.

• On the other hand, there's 30 years olds giving 14 year olds good advice that might help them stay out of trouble. It's either a mixed bag of advice, or they can learn it from p*rn and eachother... I think the former is preferable.

• As a fourteen year old myself, I don't feel I need to be shielded by you. You can mind your own business and I'll mind mine. If I get raped or something because I'm not careful on this site, it's my problem. Not yours.

• This mentality is why you do need to be restricted.

• And you have nothing better to do than to attack someone you know nothing about. Such a big man.

• Damn. This shows that age really is just a number. Good for you guy, you think for yourself and you know what's up

• I know 18 year olds that are a lot less experienced in relationships than under 18 year olds. don't see any problem with it, it's all advice you don't have to take any of it.

• Yeap. There should put a restriction there, but even 14 years old kid can log in the 30-45 years old account to comment as well. Maybe we should have ID/passport verification if needed lol

• I realize that. I'm sure there are ways around that. Also, you can tell who is young by their grammar and way of speaking. No 30 year old woman is going to ask how to give a bj.

• He's just mad cuz ur trying to shut down his perverse little outlet I. Gag.

• It's always the stupid that reproduce...

• yep i agree with zeeeekeeeeeeeee

• Yeah I try to avoid any reading those topics with kids having sex. Don't wanna paint that picture in my head.

• I don't mind it. I think it can be useful.

• The ages of 17+ Is to be exsirsise but under that she group it starts getting weird and disturbing.

• I don't think having 16,17 year olds is a bad thing. But having 13,14 year olds isn't good.

• They could just lie about their age...

• They could, but a smart admin would figure out ways around that.

• A website I frequent has an age limit and is pretty strict about it.

As soon as they drop a comment about their age, they instantly get the ban hammer.

Ban evading by creating other accounts results in an IP ban lol.

• Don't much care fort it.

• Yep , yahoo answers had the same problem

• I think they should fill out a parental consent form. With their parent guardians signature on it

• Great idea!👍 (sarcasm)

• I'm sorry but I'm gonna need to call your parents, you're in big trouble missy ( no sarcasm) 😁

• What will my parents do? Nothing.
      Y? Because they know I'm doing nothing wrong on this site. im pretty sure it's the same for a lot of the under 18 crowd._. I mean If I wanted to I could have faked my age when making an account and participate in the sexual conversations but I chose to put my age because I know I don't really want or need to do so and let's be real people of all ages can fake their parents consent online (all we have to do is click yes I give my child consent)

• yes we should have age rang for the questions

• 16 and over is fine. It's the under 16 crowd, I don't like

• participating? you gotta be kidding me

rate me please , why i haven't have a boyfriend yet, does he like me?

does that look like they are participating?

basically they think we r holding a crystal ball in our hands while answering questions on here

• I agree with you completely. This site is designed for adults yet the admin was not smart enough to make the right choices sadly. I would never (and already know you would not) let my child on this site.

• Abortion is perfectly legal in many nations such as the USA.

• I do copy and paste quite often. In fact I coded a program to quicken that same method. (at age 14)

Forgive me if I don't want to retype a 1,000 character response every five minutes.

You all have the same general idea that all parents teach their kids about safe sex. This general idea is completely wrong. Some parents teach their kids nothing. So the only place they can learn about safe sex, STD's, pregnancy, and safer sex alternatives is the internet. I'd rather they learn about safe sex on the internet than not learn it at all.

• A penis is going in their mouths regardless, they're gonna learn it either way.

• This made me laugh.

• Well if we as parents are open with our children, then they will come to us and not the Internet

• Again, that's being delusional. Kids don't speak to their parents about everything, certainly not asking how to suck a duck into next week. lmao

What Girls Said 16

• Yes, I think they should be blocked from asking/viewing sexual questions, I wouldn't give advice to them because I'd feel that's inappropriate, nor would I want their advice on topics relating to that. I don't think they have yet reached the maturity level for that content, or really to be doing that stuff either.

Obviously what they do with their life is their personal choice, however if they're so young that they're not sure if they can get pregnant by giving oral, or they think they're pregnant at the first sign of a food craving, they shouldn't be giving any advice to others relating to sexual topics.

A lot of them may pipe up and say that they are mature and well educated enough, but often, even despite what they think, that is generally not the case. it really comes down to how developed you are (brain development), and age has more of a factor than the person themselves.

Either way I don't want to hear about a 13 year olds sex life and struggles, it just makes me cringe.

• I don't mind under 18 users at all. They have just as much right to be here as I do. However, the rules of the site indicate that under 18 users are not allowed to as "how to" sexual questions which is strictly enforced. But, I don't mind them asking and answering other things. Teens could probably benefit from this site the most since they are typically the ones who are not as experienced and may have more questions regarding relationships (which IS the main reason for this site).

Going back to sexually related topics, I have absolutely NO issues with under 18 users asking anything that pertains to safe sex and contraceptive methods. The reality is, teens are going to have sex regardless of how many adults say "no" so they might as well learn how to be safe about it. Plus, if they don't have adult role models that they are comfortable talking to, they should have somewhere to go where they can freely express themselves and get advice on safe sex and the facts of sex. I have seen SO many teens who are completely ignorant to the facts of sexual reproduction anatomy, how someone can get pregnant, STD's, etc. My rule of thumb with under 18 users asking sexual questions is, if the topic wouldn't be taught in a sex ed. class, they shouldn't be asking it.

If teens can't get this information from anyone at home, I'm glad they can come here and ask their questions so they will be more educated and make informed decisions. Of course, if an under 18 users asks a "how to" sexual question, it will be removed as "adult content."

• That's the only issue I have. I see the "how to" questions and I see the answers. I was unaware that they weren't allowed. I guess not many people are reporting them. I have no problem with teens being here. I just habe a problem with some of the things being asked and some of the responses.

• Thanks for the info.

• No problem:)

• I agree. I know I wouldn't want my kids on this website under the age of 18 nor would I want them talking to anyone either. I think it's the parents job to tell them about sex and the facts of life but that's just the way I was brought up. I also watched p*rn if I wanted to know more, a lot of these kids don't know what they are getting into now a days on the internet and they need to protect themselves. I think a lot of them like the attention they get from guys/girls so they revel in it and don't realize they are playing with fire. I personally think there shouldn't be anyone under 18 on here. But any kid can lie about their age when they sign up

• It's inevitable. I get messages from 18-24 who are really 14-16. It's really messed up how they are flirting with me or being inappropriate.
    Same with the questions. Sadly, their generation is about sex and technology.
    It's quite disturbing. Either way, there's nothing we can do.

• The site needs to be monitored

• If people monitor, yes, there would be less inappropriate things. But young kids are stubborn and some old users encourage the inappropriate ways. They should make a rule where 18 under can't message older people. Never know. Don't want to bring Chris Hansen in this.

• I agree totally

• I will be the devil's advocate here and disagree with you.

It is very simple. The reason these "under 18" crowd comes in here is to ask questions, like ALL OF US. That is the main premise of this site, isn't it? And why would anybody ask questions? Because they want to know stuff. And we come and ask questions here because 1. We may not be around a knowledgable person to answer them for us. 2. We may be embarrassed to ask our friends/family about them. 3. We may need a second opinion or general opinion about something.

If you don't want to help these teenagers with their sex-related questions, you don't have to, but other people will take their time and try to help them, advise them, discourage them from doing stupidities. If you don't want to see those people here, then ignore them, but don't ban them from knowing and asking. If you're so irritated by their questions, don't blame THEM, blame the education they received, blame irresponsible families, blame social schemes, but not THEM, do don't take away their right to ask.

You don't like an answer from a "pervert"? Report it and the pervert will be blocked. You don't like the content? Suggest a better, inclusive way of participating, but if a fourteen year old kid is able to watch free p*rn online or watch gore videos, why can't he/she ask questions about their sexuality in a site that's supposed to help anybody? The difference will be: the won't be asking you, they will ask someone else, in some other site, and who knows what type of answers they'll get.

Teenagers are just young, they're not stupid. You want annoying? The fucking "Rate Me" questions by the 18-35 crowd. Those are pointless.

• No. My kids are very well monitored. My kids are far from shitty.

• I don't think I talked about your kids.

• It wasn't you. Sorry. Someone was saying some stuff about me as a parent and about my kids. I reported the comments. I guess they were deleted by the admin.

• Hey. Stop generalizing. -.- just because there are some messed up teens here who practically damage the generation by being thatvnaive does not mean we're all like that. I don't ask those questions. Well maybe because I'm not involved with those subjects. You can just ignore them, because they won't stop. Anyways, this should be valid for 12-16 year olds. I think the ones above can think for themselves better. SOME. lol. Believe me, I am shocked too by these questions and I am 17. Guess I was taught better to think before acting.

• I'm not generalizing. I believe that the sexual content needs to be limited for teens. Those questions are quite inappropriate. I know that not all of you are like that. Those teens who do not behave in such a way get my utmost respect, as do their parents for instilling morals. Obviously, your parents are doing their job.

• Well the parents seem to not care anymore about what their child does, when he comes back, where is he stuff like that. so they start doing things. And then worry and come here to disturb us lol.

• Many parents now are too worried about themselves. There are many great parents as well. Kids can be sneaky. They will figure out a way on regardless of parent permission. This is where the site should come in and block it.

• I disagree. I actually just asked this exact same question and many people said that GAG is really more for young people to get advice and learn about life.

And some yes I can understand that it's kina inappropriate but these teens don't have to ask these questions if they didn't want/need to learn about life and they can avoid inappropriate questions asked by adults.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1055199-how-do-you-feel-about-the-large-increase-of-teens-on-gag

And yes I know you're probably thinking why is she saying this she's under 18 but that doesn't mean anything. I'm pretty mature have been on GAG for quite some time and hsve helped adults as well as other teens with advice.

• However I do think that kids from like 12 or 13 to 15 shouldn't be allowed or specified to certain questiond I'll admitt some of the things that are said here are extremely inappropriate.

They should bring it back up to 16.

• I totally agree with you, im 20 and never asked about sexual stuff , and if i see my little sis doin that, id get mad :/

• So you are saying u never asked about this when you where younger? How bout think about it? Still no?

Well think of the generation we are growing up in. We have sex ed in 5th grade classes now in schools ! Of course we will ask!
      I'm not saying to ask how to do oral is good at 14 but to generally ask about these topics is normal

• I never once said they shouldn't be allowed on this site. You obviously completely missed my whole point.

• Sorry, typo, just change "the site" to "sexual topics". But as I've said, it's good to allow them to ask sexual questions, as long as they're not too explicit. They do still need to be allowed to get information about these things after all.

• They should def be blocked from older people in that category. The site does need some tweaking. I also don't think they should be able to communicate in messaging with people over 18.

• Maybe there can be a separate area just for the under 18 crowd. Like a kiddie pool. Lol.

• Correct. U don't know who's behind the photos or avatars for that matter.

• You ladies are missing something. It's much easier to ask questions in an anonymous forum than it is to ask someone face to face. Particularly the more intimate ones. I was raised by a Catholic mother who has always had more of a pretend it doesn't exist or shame method of dealing with uncomfortable topics. I love my mom but that wasn't very helpful. I don't plan on passing that on to my daughter... Not everyone has parents who are willing to talk about stuff. Not everyone has parents. I think websites like this can be very helpful.

When I see something I don't think is appropriate I report it. I suggest you ladies do the same.

• sometimes I do think notice the asker is under 18, and because it's posted in sex and relationships I come back with an opinion that relates to sex - on more than one occasion I've made the asker uncomfortable because I've mentioned fucking, only to click they're under 18! I don't want to be making sexual comments to to under 18's, answering questions about sex is completely different though, I'm happy to help educate young people and I think it's very important they have somewhere they can go without judgement and prejudice.

• Good for them for having question. I just am a bit more sensitive in my opinions because I realize they are inexperienced and there can be emotion involved. I rather them get decent advice (I hope people here give helpful and truthful advice) than do something that isn't safe in real life

• i don't care

• Yeah I don't really like it, and they actually aren't really supposed to.

• I agree. It's way too creepy. Lately the site has exploded with sexual questions. Once in a while you will get a thought provoking question. Depressing.

• I'm pretty sure underage kids changed there birthday to seem older. They can do that after all. So even if it says over 18. It might still be a 11 year old.

• Underage members are not permitted to ask how-to sexuality questions anyway, or anything overly explicit. We encourage anyone who sees those kinds of questions/opinions to report them using reason "Adult Content". Those questions and opinions are being removed within 24 hours.

We also take great care in protecting our members of ALL ages from being harassed, bullied, or discriminated against based on any kind of criteria, including age.

The fact is, teenagers often need answers and don't have anyone to turn to. This IS the reason the site was created, to help people who need answers, who want to better understand what's going on.
    Another fact that can't be ignored is that it's quite easy to lie about your age here. We catch what we can, but if not mentioned, there's no way for us to even know. So we're actually grateful when members DON'T lie about their age and let us know that they are, in fact, under 18.

To sum up - we WANT teenagers to get the help they need, to learn from people who've actually been there, people who will be honest and explain things based on experience.
    We watch them carefully, as well as their interaction with older members, but we also ask that people not bully or discriminate against them... we want them here :-)

• Please just remove my question. The personal attacks are getting out of hand.

• I also had an under 18 male inbox me saying that he no longer needs p*rn and will just jerk off and cum all over my profile picture because of this question. This is why I have a problem. The things that guys message us women and knowing that some of the questions these girls have will lead to them receiving inappropriate responses and messages.

• I am sorry comments like that were made, they were removed and taken care of, as is the case with all age groups.
      Same goes for inappropriate messages, we always encourage you to report the member and we'll take care it, I assure you... again, regardless of age :-)