What's the story behind your profile picture?

Why did you choose your current profile picture? It may be not your own pic but everyone has got some reason, story or fascination on choosing a particular picture as their avi.

My current avi was taken a year ago. It was last month of monsoon season and that particularly day , the climate was chilled and very cloudy. The climate did affect my mood. It was afternoon time and so i called my friend and asked him if we can try and take some nice snapshots with his newly bought canon SLR ( I am a photography freak lol). Hence me and my friend then decided to go up in his building terrace and started taking random clicks of clouds, birds and greeny mountain.
I was just standing near the wall of terrace and enjoying fresh cool breeze while he was excitingly clicking random pics. He then just turned his camera towards me and asked for a pose and i said " Hey NO NOT today haha. I ain't looking good in this avatar.
Then he said okay and turned his cam towards a hammered nail on surface of the wall ( LOL i don't know where it came from). I asked him why is he clicking that thing lol? He said that he wants to try close up with his cam) then placed his cam on surface and focusing his lens on nail.
While he was clicking , i brought my head suddenly in front of his cam and there it was !! HAHA.
It was interesting to me because that click looks like it was taken purposely while it was an accidental click.
That click actually represented my mood perfectly...

Most Helpful Girl

• I was trying to convince someone to drop the camera and NOT take my photo.
    I failed, haha!

• That's your playful 'nooooo' face then

I see!

• Aww, thank you :-)

• Thanks for MH!

What Girls Said 53

• Random selfie. End of story.

Exciting, eh?

• I just wanted a more current picture up so I took a shameless selfie.

• My picture is black and white for privacy reasons. I've been getting weird messages lately and I rather not have a creeper looking at me. That being said, I still want a picture that represents me without fully giving my identity away.
    Plus I answer a lot of personal and intimate questions without going anon.

• Personally for me people who post in black and white are still very reconizable.

If i had to guess you have very dark brown hair and a brown skin.

• Ah do you think you will hide your beauty behind this Black and white edit? Lol
      We guys have super talent in recognising beauty. Even eyes are enough lol
      I can still clearly see how beautiful you are lol
      But i hope i am not one of those creeper in your list. :)

• A friend of mine wanted to take some practice shots before he started his photography course so I said I'd help out, it was all a bit rushed and slap dash in his hallway lol but I got a free picture! :)

• Don't be sorry It's now possible for me to find "the one"
      I wouldn't be able to be with the right girl if I stayed with her.
      Funny thing was at my grandmothers bday party which was a week before I left her, everyone new that I was leaving her at any moment, she was the only one that didn't have a clue,,, she still got upset about something at that event I can't remember what but it was something so not worth the aggro over lol.

• I wish they were! :P thanks Isaan, it's great to you :)

• Haha i stopped them because i wanted space for my self to hit on you. Lol!

• I was drinking whiskey sours with a few friends at their house lol. My display picture is always of myself. =P

• Ah you are like a nerdy hot girl <3

• Yes, we've been together about 7 months and live together, but have been friends [sometimes with benefits] for over six years before getting together.

• Although I am very conservative and serious at times, I have
    a sexy side to myself.
    So this profile photo reflects the type of sexual, sexy person I can be.

• It was taken on my last day of high school as a senior. I took it in my bathroom after I took a two hour nap due to a little crying. I was crying because of no more high school :(

• Mine sort of sums up the other side of my personality. Usually I have either have a smile on my face or I'm laughing.

But then there's also that other side of me. The one that occasionally looks at people like this:

media2.giphy.com/media/aSFcYSXw7p0DC/200_s.gif

A. K. A. the look of disapproval :)
    There's a lot of things I see online that put the look of disapproval on my face. Like half of the questions asked on GAG. So I figured having the look of disapproval as my profile picture would be fairly relevant as to what my face looks like while I'm scrolling through the questions on here.

• Really isn't one except that I thought it looked nice. I was in the hallway at school with my friend after a chemistry project and speech. It was some of our last days as seniors and we decided to take a photo op before cleaning out the rest of our lockers.

• It's me and I don't mind people seeing how I look.

I originally had 4 other ones 5 all together then GAG changed and I decided to keep this one since it was the most recent.

I put in black and white off of an app called PicArt... black and white just seems cooler/mysterious.

And my phone is it covering up my face to make it look more mysterious than it already is... Lol jk the truth us I just suck at taking selfies xD

• As for what I was doing I was stuck in Texas bored with my grandma and sister so I said hey why not and took some selfies...

• Ohh sweet :)

• I took it in the bathroom at school haha. (The bathrooms have very good lighting, don't judge me lol).

• Haha didn't thought that! ... But who's looking at bathroom? You are a distraction :p lol i focused on you hehe

• haha if I take out my phone, I always make sure I'm alone.

• Mine is from when I got stood up about a month ago. I had been talking to him for about a month. We finally decided to meet up. I texted that day to get details and he never responded. He texted me two weeks later to apologize and tell me he still wanted to meet me. I didn't meet him.

• I just thought I looked good for once hahaha but it's one of my prom pictures that was taken this past April so I was all dressed up and had one a lot of makeup and it was my favorite one of myself. I've thought about changing it to one of my softball pictures but I don't know I think I just want to change it to one where my hair is down but it's not that big of a deal! haha

• I'm black and I love blackness. The darker the better.

• Mines just a selfie taken in the mirror, because I felt like showing my face here again, haha.

• I was at a pin up photoshoot and one of the photographers told me to jump in the air. That's about it lol.

• My daughter heard that damn song, "let me take a selfie" and suggested we take one together lol and this was the result :-)

• someone said my name was bunny honey. so i took a selfie of myself in a bee costume. thought it was super cute so i decided to change it.

• It's was the only picture of me I have on my phone.

• I've always been self conscious of my lips, now they are on display for the world to see.

• I want to learn ballet :D And it's definitely not me lol

• I enjoy playing video games. I had a real picture of myself up here before but I took a hiatus from the website and when I came back they had new default pic options to I decided to use it since it's something I enjoy talking about and I think it describes me pretty well. (Total NEET, plays video games a lot, sits on the computer all day, etc.)

• It was just last night that I took that photo of myself.. I was bored and thinking what to do.. I started to browse my phone photo gallery and saw it was empty so I started to take a selfie... then I use one of my photo app to edit its color and play with it.. then I'm still bored so I visited gag and made me thought of using that pic.. So here it is my gag profile picture :)

• It's a cartoon a friend on GAG drew for me.

• Tanks I like it to. Weird part about it he drew this just from reading my posts, he came close to reality. The only thing missing was the blue eyes.

• I took mine on Friday. I was waiting for a friend to arrive so we could have a girls' night out and whilst waiting, I decided to take some selfies :)

• Its from the day i got my heart broken. But I had a reunion with some high school friends and i had to go and smile and pretend that I was happy lol

• Me likes Granny.. She is hilarious and fiesty

• My boyfriend texted me in the early morning and woke me up. Then he asked me for a picture, so I opened the blinds to let in some natural light and took a picture against my wall. And then I went back to sleep.

• Wow, I just had to let you know I thought you were ridiculously pretty.

• Thank-you. :)
      And I sleep a lot. Usually 8 hours at night and a few naps throughout the day.

• You're welcome. :)

• The reason behind my profile picture is it describes my user name

• I got home from school, let my hair down and took a selfie :)

• More from Girls
    23

What Guys Said 42

• Playing hide and seek with my 7 and 9 yr old nephews.

I won.

• Horseplay? ON A ROOF? I bet your nephews weren't even wearing any bubble wrap. Tsk, tsk... I might have to hide this one...

• Shhh, sparrow, they don't know. ;)

Steve, no worries, they never found me, so they never ventured to the roof lol

• Nice click!

• It's pulled from video of a fight night from my boxing club. My opponent is about to straighten up fast and avoid the uppercut I'm about to throw. He won by decision (unofficial, it's technically sparring).

It's from last fall.

• The short reason, it sort of looks like me.

The longer version, the person in the picture
    is making a greeting motion (hand on hat)
    whilst having his back turned towards us

sort of like he's leaving you behind
    but beckoning you to follow, if you can.

I really like that, mystical feeling ^.~

• I was bored of seeing my old pic, and all of my regular pics are older and have a much chunkier version of myself so I decided to just take a quick one on my own.

The orange is there because I LOVE food, and I just bought it from a local farm stand that's right down the street from me, all of which I was very excited about it in that moment.

• Well how would you know I was #1 otherwise?

• I'd just gotten home from a special Mass celebrated by my archbishop. I had someone take a few pictures of me just for fun. A few weeks later, I decided to make it my profile picture.

• Well, its up there because the one I had posted with me in a towel got removed because you could see the outline of my... Of me. ;) So I guess someone got offended and ratted me out. No nudity, it wasn't even one of my ab pics. But you could see the outline of my cock so it got scrapped. Haha. Whatever.

• It's just a bad, hastily taken selfie, for a question here. I mean, I do go out a fair bit, and I know those pics would usually be much better, but no one tends to take photos.

• i have selected HULK picture.. cause its my favorite character... combination of intelligence and rage... he is the perfect combo of mine... i am intelligent and also when i get some rage i will be unstoppable.. i like the green monster... i am judo player i like the way i channel my rage in a controlled and disciplined manner :) in the way of JUDO... so i selected hulk. My Fav character

• I took it after I just got home from work to show a friend and I end up just using pics taken like that for profile pics many times.

• i'm a ride or die fan of Resident Evil. i been playing and collecting those games since i was 12. and of course Wesker was my favorite villain. he was to Resident Evil what Darth Vader has been to Star Wars. i love how he plots everything from beginning to end and all the chaos within the series all trace back to him. plus i like his powers, its amazing how quick and invincible he is

• I get a kick out of those "last moments of life" photoshopped pictures. Like the guy on the WTC observation deck on 9/11, or the divers getting their picture taken underwater with a shark right behind them. Right now I'm into bears/bear cubs and thought this picture was funny, even if it's a bad photoshop.

The main reason to use an image to begin with is because these site's avatars are boring. Plus I don't even have any images of myself on the computer... or even a photo within 2 years for that matter :-\

• I was bored on a cold winter's day. I decided I should have a picture so people on here could identify me with it. I grabbed my phone and took a bunch of random pics in my bathroom. I went through them all and picked the one I felt best.

• Doesn't feel like you have taken it in bathroom ! Lol

• It is my most recent picture I have on my laptop. And it is a joke, because some of my friends took a picture of me sleeping in an effort to make fun of me. The joke is that the energy drink seen below is suppose to energize you, but in this case it put me to sleep.

• No idea. It just looked cool.

• I'm actually standing next to my ex I cropped her out the picture you can still see her hair ;)

• I never noticed that lol are you in a pub or a house? I keep thinking it's a pub lol :)

• Omg hahahaha don't make me laugh our relationship was literally the most toxic relationship imaginable! :)) 2 months single and feeling happier ever minute :)

• Ahh omg

• Its the awesome smiley but not round.
    When i saw it i thought it would make a nice avatar for this site.

• Pandas + me - no real story there.

• Nothing really special, just that Johnny Cash is badass and even more badass giving the middle finger.

• ... I just kinda drew this atom looking thingy to fit my name and it's been my profile since.

• Coldest day of the year. Dared to take my shirt off. My nipples grew 2 inches. Booom. Done.

• I was really fucking excited, was going to a high production rave!
    Dash berlin, Frontliner, Blassterjaxx

I have the video (:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stg2SlpQPrc

• It's a hard knock life.

• It's the hard knock life for us
      It's the hard knock life for us!
      Instead of treated, we get tricked
      Instead of kisses, we get kicked
      It's the hard knock life!

• It's a picture of a character I like from a film I like? :P

• I'm not attracted to red heads.

• Just a selfie, no story lol.

• Walked into a room in my house and thought there was cool moody lighting in there for a picture.

• Me and some friends had a selfie off, mine won. I don't know how but it did.

• i am getting payed for it., :P

• The thug lyfe :/

• More from Guys
    12