Can someone tell me why someone would down vote this opinion?

So, I gave my opinion on a question about if someone would date outside of their race. I simply said "Yes. I actually have a mixed son." A girl down voted it. Why would someone feel the need to down vote that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Could be they clicked on the wrong button (it's happened to me). Or they just don't have a life.

Don't worry about it. Just live your life and hug your son.

What Guys Said 6

• Because there are a lot of idiots. It also could the they don't understand what those are for. I have been on this site for years and only learned that those up/down arrows are for voting about a month ago.

• two reasons why... first it was an accident (it happens). Or the person is a judgmental asshole.

• With they don't like mixing or they made a mistake on a phone. I say if I made a mistake though.

• Not everyone supports interracial relationships. Simple.

• I dont see why, my best friend is mixed race (dads white and mums of indian ancestory) and she's the sweetest kindest person I know

• 1|0

What Girls Said 5

• It could be for several reasons. Some people just like to troll and down vote everyone. Other people may just disagree with interracial relationships so they feel the need to down vote. Either way, just ignore it. There will always be people like that out there, don't let them get to you.

• She might have downvoted you by mistake- it's so easy to do while using a phone. I know i've done it a handful of times :/

• A lot of people don't think before they hit the button! Thats a sad thing to do and i agree with you 100% that its fine to date outside your race! People just have different opinions that aren't always very nice :(

• Probably just some girl who believes in "keeping her race pure". Or she wanted to upvote you but her thumb slipped. Ignore it.

• Most of the opinions on that question have a girl downvote, mine included.
    Downvoting is a way of trolling, for some.
    Just ignore it... it often means nothing.