Can we get an option on here where we can block certain aged questions. I'm 25 and feel really wrong giving advice to girls under 16?

16 is the legal age of consent here in my state. Anything under that, for an adult like me, is jailbait and I feel wrong giving advice to girls or even guys under 16. I would rather not see those questions. Is there someway this can be made possible. The site used to ONLY allow 16 and up but since then have changed it I believe to 13 or 14. I just don't feel comfortable with that. Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• that's actually a really good point

What Girls Said 7

• Well since I see a lot of 13-14 year olds asking questions in the "sexual behavior" or "sexual health" domains you could just unfollow those two but that means you won't see other users questions. Stop giving them advice, if you know they're under 16 and if they lie about the age it's not your fault for not knowing.

• Where did you go?

• I wish for that to. Maybe contact administration

• Ugh, I agree. It's so weird having people as young as 13 and as old as 50+ here...

• We're working on possibly adding a new way to filter LIVE FEED by age.
    You'll be able to set the age as part of your default filter as well, essentially meaning you won't see the questions from groups you don't want to.
    So look for this in the near future :-)

In the meantime, simply look at the age of the Asker anytime you open a question and decide from there.

• There is no reasonable basis to make such a restriction. I'm sorry you're uncomfortable, but your feelings mean nothing in the matter.

• I'm sorry you sound like a careless bitch

• I'm just saying, why should I have to deal with such a thing... if I put it out there, it'll get noticed

• You should have to deal with such a thing because kids can lie about their age to get answers. They can turn somewhere else to get answers. They can research without anyone's help and make wrong conclusions. This site is full of honest people who are willing to help younger ones when figuring out matters pertaining to the two genders. GaG is not perfect, but it's safer and saner than 99% of internet out there. And since they WILL get answers one way or the other, it's better to allow them to do so by telling us their real age so we can take it into account when replying. It's better to allow them to ask here on GaG, than ask somewhere, or someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.

Creating restrictions can do nothing by appease YOU, and you are not enough of a reason for them to exist.

See? That's a reasonable argument.

• Before you could filter questions by age group. Can we still do that on the new layout? I'm on my phone so I can't see some features on here that the web edition might have

What Guys Said 5

• Just skip the question. It's that simple.

• Its understanable, but they need advice too, its not like they are going to be taught at school. better your advice then the t. v s

• I think it's easier to just not give advice in case you don't feel comfortable doing so.

• Young people need good advice as much as adults do. More, really. Cutting them off seems unproductive. Especially when they could just lie.

• whats the point? They'll only lie about their age anyway