Why do questions get removed if it mentions anything that results to the answer stating a GaGers name?

I can understand if the question asker's intent is to shame or put down a member then yeah, it should be removed. But if it's something as simple as "Who's your favorite gager?" or "Who's the funniest?" it gets removed. Why? Does sensitivity play into this?

Most Helpful Girl

• They used to be allowed until they started getting asked ten times a day. Negative questions about GAG members have always been removed but positive ones were okay. The ban was because they were being asked too often. However, I have heard that the admins may allow them again soon.

• Thanks for MH:)

• There was a GAG Update about it saying that it'll be removed as spam for clogging up the space.

• It does not get removed as "spam," it gets removed as "nonsense" (or at least, the mods have been instructed to hide them as "nonsense") simply because they have been asked SO many times. However, the admins have said they will allow these questions again sometime in the future.

What Guys Said 7

• It's probably just a catch-all in their policy to make things easier and clearer so they don't have to determine if it's actually negative.

• that's laziness.

• It's a business, you can't make everything perfect. Paying people to go through several cases, risking a backlash if they make the wrong decision, just isn't worth something small like this.

• Makes sense

• I loved the questions where people would list how much they disliked me. I wanted them to stay

• AT this point the admis want us to take a break from such questions. We had one week where we had too many questions like that.

• It used to not be like that. I guess they changed the rules. It used to be you couldn't call anyone out or shame anyone.

• Admins know it could make users feel bad.

unhappy members > members leaving > less ad dollars.

• I'm assuming it's bad for SEO, which really just means the programmers haven't figured out a way to exclude it, thereby making it fine.

• I guess it's to not have everything be a popularity contest.

What Girls Said 4

• Because it promoted popularity. Apparently some users were against such questions and they decided to make a rule against this.

• I didn't even realize that.

• Sensitivity has nothing to do with it and the ban is not permanent :-)

There were so many GAGer questions asked recently, we feel the GAGer love has been covered for a while.
    We will, of course, allow them again in the future, but we wanted you guys to take a break from those for a bit and ask about something other than fellow members.
    We will let you guys know when they're okay again, obviously.