Does using fake profile pictures break the rules?

I've noticed more than one regular user (not ryan reynolds) using pictures of famous instagrammers and models, pretending to be these people, like julia de lonte.

i1.sndcdn.com/avatars-000068055109-b18qv9-crop.jpg

imgs.sthlmsfinest.com/blogEntryImages/833644.jpg

imgs.sthlmsfinest.com/.../36426_972_400_1.jpg

She is beautiful but she does not use this website.

She is still an active fake user lol

Most Helpful Girl

• No, that is not against the rules. Users may use any picture they like as long as it is not explicit. So, using the picture of a famous person (even if they're just "instagram famous"), is allowed.

• thats crazy that y'all condone people engaging in a mild form of identity theft. it's harmless i guess but its wrong.

• i understand

What Guys Said 7

• I apologize for not being a drawing ^.~

• what do you mean

• how dare you pose as a cartoon!!!

• I'm such a criminal ^.^

• Yay! Mentioned!

That chick is fake? So confusing!

• everthing is fake here. from your user name to gender to profile pic.

• its that you?

• Nope, a lot of them are the staff of GaG creating content.

• what?

• No, haha!

• Yeah! Haha!

• for the 100th time this isn't a dating site nor a social networking site, it's a site where people seek advices

• I don't see what the point of posting a picture of another person is.

• i guess for attention

• Even still, is their personality not that attractive enough for others without the picture? Makes me question their intentions when they seek attention that way.

What Girls Said 6

• It's not against the rules, but I don't see the point. Why show someone else's face? People are going to think that's you.

• I think it's fine to use pictures of the bigger celebrities, because obviously nobody's going to think that Jennifer Lawrence actually frequents this website. But using pictures of less known "celebs" (like instagramers etc) or regular people you just found pictures of on google is a bit weird, yeah. Especially if they're actually pretending that that's them. As far as I'm concerned, pretending to be someone else on here is against the rules, and said user (s) should be reported.

• in that first pic is her jaw photoshopped off? it looks so odd the way it looks like an arc of a chunk was sliced off :o

• it does look a bit off. i hadn't noticed that.

• i have a jawline fetish so i tend to look there

• Someone has Jared Leto as a profile pic. It's fine.

• ya but they aren't pretending to be jared leto

• its a girl who has that

• That's me and I'm a girl so obviously I'm not trying to pretend to be Jared Leto lol

• Thats the internet, you can't do much about it.

• No, it doesn't break any rules to use photos that are openly available on the internet.
    If someone comes to us to let us know that their photo is being used without their consent and they'd like it taken down, we will.