Why does this site sometimes let you see how old questions are and not let you other times?

It is so annoying because I find questions and sometimes think if they are really old they probably are not relevant anymore. Why can we not always tell?

Most Helpful Guy

• Usually it's because the question is so old, it's date was wiped from the database to save space. So essentially any question without a date means it's too old.

What Girls Said 3

• Questions only show the date up to a certain point. If they are more than a few months old, they will not show any date.

• I think if they're old questions, it doesn't say the date anymore

• The general time stamp is not shown for any post made over 3 months ago.
    This is simply to make it that much easier to recognize more recent questions/opinions/articles, a time stamp for something older is usually not necessary.

• mmm... ok thanks. Its just I was trying to work out how old some questions were. So if there is no date then its more than 3 months old.

• Exactly.

What Guys Said 0