So tell me GAGers what are your thoughts about "rate me" questions?

hahahha the title says it all: what are your thoughts about those "rate me" questions? personally i consider those questions being asked by those who crave for attention... or those who feel insecure about their physical appearance... learn to love yourself
cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37039538.jpg

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 18

• 1. I don't and prefer not judging people
    2. The same question in the same words can have a different meaning, the same goes for rate me questions
    3. So what if someone craves for attention or compliments, it's only human to do so
    4. I however, have stopped 'rating' but yes I do answer and opine on those questions :)

• couldn't care less, actually no only thing that bugs me are angle shots. you aren't doing yourself any favors by posting angle shots:P

• I just enjoy getting a chance to look at pictures of regular women instead of models covered with makeup. That's all I like about the "Rate Me" questions.

• To be honest, I find them silly.
    You can be the most beautiful girl I've ever seen
    but without personality and courage to back it up
    nothing further will come of your good looks ^.~

• I think those questions are usually asked in the hopes of getting compliments that won't actually fundamentally change the way the asker feels about himself/herself. I don't know if they actually should be banned, but it's good to let the person asking them know that a negative self-image is mostly internal. Complimenting people who have very negative self-perceptions is like trying to fill a sieve with water.

• I agree with you. I think it's a shame that people want strangers on the internet to assign them a number on a scale that somehow provides them with their self-worth. I don't think it's healthy.

• its not healthy at all... and i'm pretty sad to see to what extent people feel insecure about themselves and need strangers to rate them

• I like that they went from a taboo kind of thing here on GAG to something I see every time I log on.
    You don't necessarily have to be insecure or want attention to ask one.
    Some people just wanna know where they stand.
    I, for example, have thought of posting one to find out what percentage of girls find me attractive.
    That way I can estimate the odds of any one girl being attracted enough to me for me to make a move.
    Goin in blind isn't really my thing, usually.

But I'm already pretty sure only about 30% find me attractive. Tho I did get an 8 on GAG's old rate me system.

• that you like girls to rate you... anyway don't act as if you're pissed off

• Wtf? when did I act pissed off? lol
      Didn't "like" it, like I said, I wanted to be clear on my odds.
      I'm the type that doesn't like to be too cocky or too humble, I wanna be just right, and for that, I need to know where I stand.

• I don't mind them. Many people find this site after going through breakups or rough spells. If they need a little confidence boost, thats fine. The ones that make me laugh are the ones who repeatedly ask hoping someone will tell them they are attractive. Or don't like what they are hearing and remove their picture after 5 minutes.

• 0|0
  • I love those questions. Well, not really. I feel like everybody is waaaay too generous. Only twice have I seen a girl above a 7, yet everybody is getting 7s and 8s and 9s. Like wtf.

• The people here ain't honest. I mean those who rate 9's & 8's always.

• Really? I've always thought people voted low because I've seen people I thought were absolutely perf only get around a 6 or so and I'm just like what

• I've very rarely seen people vote low. I think girls maybe have a different idea of what's attractive than guys do. There was one question the other day where a girl asked if Ariana Grande was hot...

• I juz wanna mate them =(

• I don't know why people are so against them lol.

• I don't mind girls doing them., but it's a bit frustrating seeing all these guys doing it lol.

• I enjoy it... My number 1 favorite.

• I kinda like them. Im sure some are just wanting attention but some are truly concerned/curious. I have asked this question for that reason. I don't want attention at all but I was seriously curious. I had an idea of about where I would rate to women I didn't know but I wasn't sure. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised. I would have rated myself around a 5-6 but I averaged 7-8 with a few 9's in there even. I have always been able to get girls above my league like 8-10's but they were not as far out as I thought and now I have more confidence. I answer most of the rate me questions (from girls) and I know many of them are probably just for attention but I assume they are not and answer them honestly anyway. I can't stand the people that rate pretty girls bad cuz they don't like people posting the question. Why can't they uhhhhh not click on them? Why is it such a big deal just to ignore them if you don't like them?

• They were old on the old version of this site already. So with the rate-me section taken away with the new changes, they're still just as annoying as they've ever been. I don't see why they let people come here, ask for ratings in order to put a band-aid on their fragile self-image, get mostly people who will just say things to make them feel better anyway, and do no real good at all.

They either need a section like they had before for people that insist on that sort of thing, or to cut them out completely. Asking people for ratings instead of working on being secure and happy with yourself is the same as cutting leaves off a tree rather than cutting the whole tree down.

• I like those questions.

What Girls Said 10

• I don't mind them. It's fun for the person being rated I guess. I've never done that and wouldn't consider it but if someone else wants to then cool.. I'll rate that person ;)

• i feel like they're innocent questions. most people who ask them are probably just insecure. but some people just want to know what others think of them. i think wanting to know how other people perceive you is alright. i wuldnt say ALL those questions are asked by people who crave attention, but certaintly in some cases that is what happens. its unfortunate because they make a name for every other person who does it. but i can see through some of them. i've always wondered how people perceive me as well, i've just never had the balls to actually ask. haha.

• I don\t see why the big fuss. I mean, unless the person posts many times the same questions, then yeah it's annoying. I rate whenever I feel like it, but I wouldn't ask a rate me question. Hope I never do that haha. And some people are doing it for attention, but some only because they're insecure. I know what that's like. And they need some reassurance. Anyways, if these wouldn't exist, GAG would still be full of "Is my penis too small/do girls like this size" , "Why do girls always go for jerks?" questions. See them every day. They should make special categories like : Rating, Genitals, does he/she like me etc. haha Not trying to be mean or anything, I ignore the questions I don't like usually :)

• They're so freaking common. They're everywhere.
    I don't really answer them. It'svery Iinfrequent that I do.
    Many people are insecure others just want to boost their confidence.
    Besides why should I care what people think of me. That's the face I've been given. If you don't like it, sucks for you. I don't have to look at me.

• I don't mind them but if it's the same people asking them more than once and in a span of a few times a week or month it's super annoying. Like change your pic all you want we still know it's you. They like to cast that line out and reel as many fish as they can to validate whatever mental issues they have. I know I am good looking and I know I am not the hottest thing out there but I don't need some randos opinion on the internet to tell me how hot or not I am. Zero fucks given.

• If someone only does it once then it's ok because we've all been there where we just can't love ourselves and need some strangers' approval.

If someone keeps on posting these questions again and again, then it's FUCKING PATHETIC and that person is an attention whore who is a waste of earth's ressources! Same goes to people who post rate me questions but can't take anything less that "you're gorgeous" or "you're a 9/10" and then get mad at the people who rated them.

• I don't rate

• i don't understand the mindset

• I really dont care about them, I don't know why people make such a big deal out of them.

• There's this lady who keeps updating her questions with... And asks for ratings on her face and body. I don't know her user name but she put a picture up of her in a bra.

• oh i think i saw that yesterday... she updated a pic of herself in a pink bra and very short shorts and told she is a mum of two kids... yeah