Do you just arbitrarily answer questions based on the title, or actually read the details?

Because many answers on this site seem to be based entirely on the basic title, and entirely miss the point of the question.

Is this because people are too lazy to read, or just because they have nothing useful to add but feel like posting anyways?

• Just the title
  • Read the whole thing

Most Helpful Girl

• I always read the details before posting my answer. I like to be thorough and make sure I read and understand all of what the person is asking before giving my opinion.

Some people probably just don't want to bother reading it all. That, or they just want to quickly answer for the xper points, even if the answer is unhelpful because they didn't read the whole thing.

What Girls Said 2

• I read the entire question, details and all.
    If I open something interesting and find that it's long, I do sometimes Follow it, saving it for later when I feel like reading more.

What Guys Said 2

• Depends on how long the details are and/or how easy the title is.
    Having a title such as "What's your favorite song?" doesn't really require reading the description.
    But something like "Why did (someone) act this way around me?" requires reading the description to understand the story.

• It's because the QA chooses shitty titles that don't correlate to the details content.