Does anyone take great offence to these words, or is it just me and I'm overreacting?

I've seen the use of the word n*igga (er) far too often on GaG and I think it's about time the people who use get a written warning... it's pretty vulgar language just like "c*nt" ... and extremely racist regardless of who uses it.

What do you people think?

I'm seriously fed up.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really take offense to it but I do think it is a crude word and I can't understand why ANYONE, regardless of their race, would want to use it.

What Girls Said 5

• I never saw using of n****r in here. show a link that people use it. there's either none or if there is it's used very few times and is far from making anyone "fed up".

• www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1068908-ex-wants-to-quit-her-job-because-we-are-coworkers-how-to-change-her ---- here is one... I've seen a couple other male users use the word too

• lol.. well go say "n*gger" to the next black person you see... if they get pissed, say it was a joke... Like to see how they'd react, but I think I've got a good guess.

• Hang on, I'm in agreement here, what about saying something is 'gay'? People use that all the time to describe something as lame, its social context has changed, as has nigger/nigga. Nigga now being used to describe a friend or buddy and not used in a derogatory way. I could call you a disgusting cauliflower and say it with such hate that it could upset people...

• I don't like the word at all. Especially if someone white says it and then when they get called out on it, they're all "Chill man I wasn't using it that way!" -___-

• Yeah, but I find it revolting regardless of your race. No one has the right to say it.

• I do not like that word. It reminds me of slavery and all the people getting beaten it bothers me so much. They would call the slaves by that word. So yes I take great offence to those words considering I am mixed.

• Yes. Those words annoy me. So I ignore people who say them.

• I personally don't really care about the language people use because a lot of people don't mean it in a derogatory manner... It's just a part of the culture now... Maybe a compromise would be made like a profanity filter placed on the site which users could toggle on or off...

What Guys Said 5

• We allow GAGers the freedom to say what they want, mostly.
    We allow people to cuss and use some words some may not like, but we don't allow people to throw them AT each other, so please report those when you see them.

The n-word is actually starred when used and is very rarely seen here on GAG.

• ... I posted a link to a post made my a GaG user who used the n-word... but you decide to take off my comment? ... thanks :) so kind.

• Your comment was antagonistic, therefore it was removed.
      In the future, simply report the posts, no need to tell users they need to wash their mouths out.

• How was it "antagonistic" LOL... plenty of comments on this question and other question have been to, yet you do nothing about it.

...

• Never saw the N-word used on here. In general I am not into cursing. One thing that interests me is that African-Americans use the N between each other so freely and openly and take zero offense. But when used by others they take it as an attack. The word should just be disliked by everyone.

• I've seen it plenty of times.

• hahaha I've never seen the "N" word on GaG yet! actually you've come the closest to me ever seeing it.

• I think since its the n word said in slang, people think that its harmless. But its still offensive to most African-American culture.
    Its still the word and when black people know where the mening came from, its probably very annoying and hurtful toward them.

• Personally, I think words only have the power that you give them. I someone called me a cunt or a cracker or an albino or anything like that I don't think I'd give a shit. People say stupid crap on the internet