What is the purpose of following someone on this site?

I just follow people that i talk to or get along with or want to talk to or whatever. but nothing really happens when you follow someone. so what is the purpose of following people?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• 1. It's not about talking for sure - at least for me :)
    2. Following someone on GAG keeps us updated on their activities like questions and opinions
    3. I follow someone if I find their opinions and/or questions interesting :)
    4. I'd even asked a question earlier that GAG should give a filter option of seeing questions / opinions of those who follow us the way we get to see of those we follow :)

• Helps you stalk them :)

• Allows you to see their activity. You must like their answers or questions

• No idea, it used to have at least some form of purpose when it was a friends list even more so when it had a chat option... now it has zero purpose

What Girls Said 2

• I wonder the same thing sometimes lol

• You can filter your Live Feed by "Users I Follow" (this is actually what I do myself) so that you can see JUST the activity from the people you actually care to hear from/about.
    You can set that as your default filter, or just check it like that once in a while.

Also, if you have a private profile, people YOU follow will be the only ones who can see your profile information and activity.
    And if you have the setting where only people you follow can message you, well... they will be the only ones.

It's whatever you make of it.
    It's all about customizing your GAG experience, basically.

For reference, this information can always be found in our FAQ :-)
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq

• ohhh makes sense! i wouldve given you MH but its a little too late now haha

• Hahaha! No worries at all, of course!