Have you ever posted a rate me question?

I haven't posted a rate me question. But I see so many rate me questions over here, at least 3-4 in a day. I am a little curious to know what people think of my appearance but I'm not sure if I want people putting a number to my appearance.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. And I probably never will. Firstly, I'm not comfortable putting my picture out for a bunch of strangers to see. My mother drilled Stranger Danger into me at a very young age =P
    Secondly, I'm confident enough in my looks to not base my sense of self on what strangers think of me and what I look like. I'm so much more than my looks; my friends and family love me for my personality. And honestly, even if I was feeling down, a rate me question will probably only act as a temporary band-aid to whatever deep-seated issues and insecurities I have. Sure, it may provide a moment's gratification, but it won't fix how I feel about myself in the long run. Only I can change that. I don't criticize people who do post those types of questions, and sometimes I'll cheer them up if I get the feeling the person's genuinely sad or confused. But the whole thing's just not for me.

What Guys Said 27

• It is just stupid to post those questions. And posting ANY question as anonymous is stupid but those are even to the 10000 degreee... you want people to see a picture of you but you dont want to post as your own userid?
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. what difference does it make what any random group of people think. It only matters what you think and what that special person in your life thinks. screw everyone else.

• Exactly I too don't get the point of someone posting a picture but doing it as anonymous.

• I totally agree with both things you said! Especially when people post anonymous rate-me's. haha xD

• Never posted one. I don't want to because I just don't want to show myself and ask for opinions. I either get opinions naturally or I don't. Not gonna ask for them.

• Doesn't sound like a good idea.

1. I'll probably be disappointed.
    2. Most people have bad taste.
    3. I don't really care. I'm comfortable enough in myself. :P

• No I haven't, and I never would.

I don't really care what the GaG community thinks of my looks. I could average a 2/10 or an 8/10 and it wouldn't affect me in either case.

• No. I'm too chicken.

• So just use your pic as your profile, let people who like you say so, without asking for ratings and getting hate on by bitter people.

Or maybe nobody will say anything...

• Yes maybe I will :)

• Nope, but I once posted a rate yourself
    question with a 1-2 scale ^.~

• No, and since my identity remains anonymous i would never post a pic of me.
    The voice recordings already went quite far for my taste.

• No, but I think I'm going to for sh*ts and giggles.

• I've asked them before but i've never done it with a pole. I'm going to try to do that because that's how you get the honest rating.

• Yeah it was making fun of rate me questions.. It was removed for "nonsense" haha

• Rate me question? No I haven't. Not really sure if I want to either. The whole number thing, not really a big fan of it.

• Same here. I don't want people putting a number to my appearance.

• Yes I completely agree with you :)

• Nope, not a good idea and I am worse enough in my head without people making me feel like shit

• did it once, nobody did use a number though :/

• nope, posting one of those would just get my feelings hurt

• Thought about it but nah.

• Nope.

Dooooooooooo it ;)

• Yeah, why not its random people

• You happen to have a different opinion then most people here but if that's how you feel, great :)

• Not gonna lie thought about it, but I don't need 20,000 strangers telling me I'm ugly. I already know I am.

• Oh come on don't be so hard on yourself! I'm sure you look great :)

• Look I'm tired its almost 4:30am I'll talk to u later.

• Sure. Sleep well :)

• Nope because I'm too self-conscious. Stupid, right?

• Nah. I don't have a problem with people doing it though

• If you don't rate me now I'm gonna be number 5

• Why don't you just post a rate me question if you want people rating you.

• nah. I actually like to answer those questions.
      1st. I get to know how the community on here looks like
      2nd. my andwers are honest and often get downvotes from those people that 'overrate' the askers. I think its funny and interesting how false some are to not 'hurt' some

• Great that you provide your honest opinion.

• I think I did jokingly once. I had a rate me in the old version of GAG. I had an 8.

• you must post your question now <3

• I did once. I didn't specifically ask for a number rating though, just degree of attraction. All of them were like "You're not ugly or anything but you're not my type. I'm sure there are women that are attracted though." yet they pretty much all said that which kind of made me laugh haha

• No, I don't care what people think of me.

• Nope. I don't need the validation.

• Nope. But if you really want to know do it. Maybe you will have the confidence to use your real pic afterwards like most ppl. There hardly ugly girls in this site, so i doubt you'll be unattractive

• I have used my picture as my profile picture on this site. But then I removed it after a few days.

• Are you afraid that people you know would find you here?

• Ya actually a little afraid of that happening.

What Girls Said 16

• No, I have not done that. I don't care what random people online think about my looks. I also wouldn't want to put myself in a situation of people calling me an "attention whore" or "fishing for compliments" like I've seen so many other people post on rate me questions. I also don't like having attention on myself so I wouldn't want to ask a question where people will be commenting on my appearance and having that "spotlight" on me.

• No I have not and I don't want to. I don't want to be rated. If someone wants to tell me about my appearance just do it. I have had my pic on here before but I get bored and choose other pics too but I'm not the type who likes to get attention like some NOT ALL have done.

• That's nice :) same here I too don't like to get attention.

• Thanks and glad I'm not alone :D Thanks for posting this question, I was glad to answer..

• I have not, and I could careless what someone on here thinks, when I'm not going to be involved with them, other than this site.

• I wouldn't. I'm confident enough in my appearance. The opinions of strangers online would be pretty irrelevant to me on that particular subject.

• no i haven't

• No never posted one.

• No I haven't. Don't feel the need to. If other people want to then that's great for them.

• I don't post those. I don't see a point.

• No, & Not gonna. I don't need or want other opinions on my looks..
    :-D

• No, and won't , but ya i like rating

• Yeah I did

• I have not.
    The people I care about have already told me what they thought, so that's all I need :-)

• nope. I've never posted one.

• No, it's silly.

• No never. I don't need validation from online strangers

• No. I already know my rank.