New GAG Xper reward: Google/iTunes giftcard, $5 or $10?

I thought it would be a great idea if gag offered a 5 or 10$ gift card for google play and iTunes. I use NY Amazon vouchers to buy apps from their store but it'd be much nicer to be able to buy music/apps/movies from our phone os stores too. Xper points would be 3k for $5 and 6k for 10$ what do you guys think? Xper points aren't solid just a mock up to give an example

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a great suggestion!
    We did used to have iTunes giftcards back in the day, it'd be great to bring 'em back.
    I'll keep an eye on this and pass along the feedback :-)

What Guys Said 15

• Don't quote me but I think we used to have iTunes back in the day. Bringing it back would be amazing though

• I'd definitely like to see the itunes idea. I think more tangible rewards would bring a lot more members. Right now we just seem to have a ton of site rewards which are cool and all but not as tangible. Personally the only thing I've redeemed off this site were amazon cards.

• Me too, the Google play cards could even go towards a tablet or phone from the nexus range or help someone buy a movie they always wanted to see. ITunes could help you get that album you've always wanted just export to a Windows folder and put it on any mp3 etc. A t-shirts great but I'm sure it costs more money to make and ship than the xper it's worth

• I think it's a good idea.

I probably wouldn't use the option myself, but I bet a lot of people would.

• Visa or Mastercard Gift Cards would be nice too!

• I guess so. I kinda like the options we have already. Would hate to see how many more adds they would place if this was included.

• 6k for $10? The amazon cards are 5k for $20...

• It clearly says they're just example figures

• Throw in a Starbucks gift card while you're at it ;)

• Amazon doesn't ship here yet officially. This would be much more useful.

• Neither the German nor the British Amazon ships to the Netherlands?

• its 5k for $20 at amazon so it'd just be stupid to raise the xp requirement by 1k just to only get half the money. So no.
    But the other parts are good ideas.

• It quite clearly says the xper point ratios were just mock ups for an example

• Some people are just over critical

• Some people just suck at using examples.

• But the points are too high u are putting just make them 4k for google play that would be great but dont think these stores need these kind of advertisement so they will never do it

• what about a dunkin donuts card?

• Personally I dont use iTunes or pay with google.

• Sounds pretty good to me. I get a lot of media off of itunes so I certainly wouldn't mind that

• GAG used to have a $20 Itunes card. They've since removed it from the site. Probably disputes between the owner of this site, and Apple

• they should not limit gift card just to us, uk stores

What Girls Said 19

• I think it's a great idea..

and while VISA gift cards would be nice, the fact that they actually cost more then face value to get, makes them unlikely..

and, really.. its a free reward.. not everyone has to be able to use it.

I don't want a shirt.. you don't see me complaining..

• I think that would be cool. I love music. Great idea:)

• whatever floats your boat but I would never choose an itunes gift card over an amazon gift card. I can listen to music for free on YouTube so I will probably never buy an itunes - I only listen to itunes when I'm on vacation and I have a 6 hour plane ride ahead of me - so I use it for less than one week - maybe 3 days out of every year.

• Heck yeah! most of my extra money goes into apps, that's what I like to do in my spare time :) The mobile gaming industry is in boom. If only I could find a way to get smartphone to link with my HDTV, it's not compatible :(

• Which smartphone do you have?

• Miracast dongle*

• Ya I knew what it was but I still can't afford it right now.

• When I first started using GAG, they did have 10 dollar ITunes gift cards. I think it would be a wonderful idea to bring them back! And the Xper you stated seems absolutely fair.

• It would be great to see the iTunes gift card make a comeback!

• not everyone has an iphone how about just a visa giftcard or any gif card for that matter not associated with itunes or for specific people only - ok just a damn visa gift card

• They have the google play cards for android users but I kinda get where you're coming from. If someone doesn't own a cell phone how are they gonna use their reward bucks?

• exactly I still do not have an iphone and everywhere you go scan this with your iphone and blah blah blah like really people should really take into consideration that not everyone has 600 dollars lying around for free

• i think the itunes gift card is a pretty good idea. but 3k for 5$ is way too much. maybe 1 or 2k for 5$. or even a selection of more gift cards for starbucks/dunkin donuts or mcdonalds or taco bell or something like that would be awesome.

• I think the gift is a good idea :) I usually get the Amazon giftcards, but iTunes would definitely be tempting, whereas the other gifts there for restaurants and such dont really appeal to me, especially since in England those restaurants or shops are pretty rare to come across :)

• I would prefer that over the other options there are. I use both itunes and google play so it'll save me some money

• Except not everyone has an Iphone. What if there was way to have gift cards for google playstore and apple apps?

• Sorry didn't see google in the question. I think that would be cool

• Maybe with less xper points for it, it'd be cool to have spotify gift cards too. But yes itunes would be great

• I'd love to use my Xper points for an iTunes voucher!

• That would be awesome
    Nice idea :)

• Oh that would be nice :) I'm trying to make it up to the amazon gift card for books I love books haha but apps are cool too. Great idea! :)

• I mean I think it's a good idea but 6k for $10? That seems a little high for such a small amount.

• I'm totally fine with the Netflix & Amazon card.

• Yeah I like it but they can't offer every giftcard under the sun. Just the most widely used

• iTunes? Only losers downloads music legally. Seriously. No. That's like receiving a giftcard to absolutely nothing. And Google. Wth should that be for? Google glasses and stupid apps?

New cards would be nice, but your suggestions sucks in my opinion.