Can there be a "blocked by" indicator when you start writing an answer or comment on someone's stuff in case they've blocked you?

It's somewhat annoying that sometimes you formulate a long answer on someone's question or opinion, and then you click the send button, and you're greeted with the "Unable to post, you blocked or you are blocked by the user!" message. It's a waste of time to write a reply to someone who apparently doesn't find the free flow of information nearly as important as I do, considering I don't block anyone, but there's no real way to track on whose name you can't post something.

So I think it would be nice if you got some sort of notification that the person you're trying to reply to has you blocked. So that I don't need to write up a completely valid answer just to see that I won't be able to send it.

Right?

• Yes that sounds like a really useful feature :D
  • No that's actually kinda stupid ¬¬
  • This does not concern me at all because EVERYONE loves me and Nobody blocks me :3

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, that would be so great. I hate typing out a long, thoughtful response and clicking "send it!" just to find out I am blocked. Being able to know beforehand if I am blocked would save a lot of time and energy in some cases.

• What the, why would anyone block you? You're awesome.

• haha exactly, it's their loss :P

• Thanks for MH:)

Most Helpful Guy

• That would be amazing!!

I'm blocked by A LOT of people, so I run into this problem rather often.

• Yeah, I know that feel ¬¬ I just don't phrase my thoughts in a perfectly user-friendly and sugarcoated fashion from time to time, and some people feel offended about it for some reason. It's weird to me that they throw out blocks like that just for that, though. A notification like this would be nice.

What Girls Said 3

• I'd prefer if the answer box was greyed out from the moment you clicked on the question even if it's an anonymous person that blocked you, that way you don't have to write out a full answer before finding out you're blocked.

• This happened to me yesterday.. Typing out a response then found out I was blocked hahah
    It would be a good idea so I won't feel like 1 minute of my life was wasted.
    Unless ur being harassed, you're a closed minded pussy for resorting to blockage. Hmph.

• Just try to upvote/downvote before you answer. That tells you if you;re blocked or not.

• That doesn't work when you're trying to reply to the QA by commenting on your own post. You can't just up/downvote someone's answer each time you respond to them, that'd be excessive.

What Guys Said 2

• Indeed, it's a real pain in the analcavity, wanting to help with an answer and reading that you lost your time after you wrote it. (IMHO, blocking for another reason than avoiding nasty PMs is immature and nasty PMs can easily be deleted. My blocking list is empty.)

• Haha. I know who your talking about. I was blocked after I answered. Went to reply to a comment someone left and I can't she had blocked me. If I'm not mistaken you answered that question as well.

• If you mean the "y u condemn girls for shallow preferences such double standard q. q" question then yes, that's the one that inspired the question. I kinda figured I was blocked once I was called a "dickhead", but you can never know if it's just name-calling or pure immaturity. Oh well! :D

• I don't either.

• Tbh the maturity of the question was a partial redflag to begin with. This "why are [wo]men allowed to do X that [wo]men are not allowed" type of question literally cannot hold any kind of value in a real-life scenario.