Why is it some questions are posted and in a very short time most helpful is selected?

I have noticed a trend on GAG lately. A question is posted and almost immediately most helpful is selected what gives?

Most Helpful Guy

• In order to select most helpful, iv realized that you need at 5 answers total to your question or if not then at least 24 hours has to go by, or else its too soon and they don't let you select it.

Some people just see an answer the really like and don't wait to see the others since they probably figure the answer they chose can't get any better and no one else will top it.

What Guys Said 1

• I also find that weird. You could get much better answers given days after a question is posted. Why not give a chance to get answers that may be better?

What Girls Said 1

• When I tried to select most helpful once the site said it was too soon so who knows