Do a lot of girls on GAG get randomly messaged by some random guy?

Title explains it all, I'm just curious because I do that a lot with relationships in mind, and I'm wondering how the girls feel and/or think about it. Should I keep doing it, I feel like I'm abusing the website and people's opinions.

P. S. I've never been randomly messaged by a girl.

Most Helpful Guy

• I got a message once asking to cyber them from a guy once, it was weird. Can't imagine that happening on a daily basis.

What Girls Said 27

• yeah i'm okay with it but sometimes it gets creepy and all i do is to block em'
    http://i53.tinypic.com/2m4u8ug.jpg

• Yes, it happens ALL the time to me. Usually by users I've never even seen on the site before so I never reply. I allow anyone to message me but the main purpose for that is if people have site-related questions or want moderation help. If a random guy messages me "hello" and I don't even know him, I rarely will reply.

• Personally I'm cool with random messages. You shouldn't be on a site like this talking to strangers if you aren't okay with talking to strangers. Lol. But I'm not cool with guys creeping on sexual related questions and messaging me lewd things just because I replied to a question, especially when my answer wasn't suggestive at all. It's not if you send a message it's what you say

• Not as much as when the site had chat...

But it still happens.

I've made some friends this way...

But some of the guys are beyond friendly pervy..

• Yep, all the time.

You know the whole stereotype of middle Eastern men trying to chat you up/asking personal info etc? Yeah, that's not a stereotype, it's bloody true.

And of course, the usual creep outright asking for sex.

• That's really weird to randomly message a girl on a site like this, whom you've never met before, especially keeping "relationships in mind." What girl who has the largest chance of not living in the same vicinity as you would want a relationship with some dude on GaG? Online relationships are pathetic, don't degrade yourself.

• Sorry, forgot to mention that yes, I have been messaged once.

• Well, yeah. I mean even in the last 3 days got like 8 messages from different guys. Some wanting to be friends, some being pervs lol. I have no problem with being friends, but don't start asking me sexual questions or telling me stuff, when I don't even know who you are.

• All the time.
    As long as it sounds like he wants a normal conversation (which is rare), I'll respond. If it's creepy I won't respond lol.

• yeah i get a few, but its interesting tlkin to new people sometimes, depends how they start the convo aha

• At least twice a day I'll get messages.
    if you have the intent of starting a relationship, this is not the approach

• Yes. And strangely they ask me where I live first.

• This is an advice forum so both genders do message me for advice. And some weird sexual favours.

• I don't but people who have their face as their profile probably do

• ALL THE TIME. It's weird as fuck.. Unless the intentions aren't creepy

• and when aren't they creepy?

• We'll, sometimes they just message me to ask me why I chose the career path I'm going to school for. Other than that it's creepy af

• Well, if you just wanna talk then it's fine, but if you're gonna be a perv than that's a totally different story...

• Yes I have some seen creepy... ):

• Yes. It's ok though I don't mind

• Many times. With cybering in mind.

• Happens to me all the time lol

• Yes all the time! Every single day I get a bunch if hellos from random men.

• Yes I do. If you want to have a normal chat then it's ok but sometimes it gets really creepy.

• I haven't but i also haven't been on this for long. It happens though. As long as they aren't creepy, i don't mind

• Yes, happens quite alot.

• I do. I got a message by a guy asking me if I would let him make me horny.

• Yeah it happens

• Happens more often then I want.

• Yes this idiot once came to tell me how big is D is and what do I feel about it, then I ignore him or block him then someone else comes and offers me help : and they give you their email and bla bla bla it gets annoying

What Guys Said 4

• I get a lot of random messages from girls on here lol
    In my experience, as long as you have a picture up and aren't creepy or perverted, girls seem to take well to receiving random messages.

• Looks like a lot of users get strange emails on here. I've never gotten anything weird since I created my account in 2010.

• I get random messages from guys and girls on here, so I can imagine other people do.

I don't mind it though... then again I'm a guy so I guess I'm not much help to answer your question.

• I get them from gag girls.