Is this just me or do random bots message people?

I got two messages today and yesterday from random accounts, one known as "diana221" another from Turkey - all both taking an interest in me, which is unusual because chicks don't hit on me. So I just thought about it a bit and I think this site's got coveted scammers and bots that randomly make 0-0 accounts, exploit people here and tries to sign them up to websites (I'm just guessing the last bit of information). Has this happened to anyone else?

Most Helpful Girl

• GAG is not immune to the spammers that the internet offers.
    Simply delete the message and report the user from their profile (Spammer) and we'll take care of it within 24 hours :-)

• Aren't you worried that they can jut copy people's profile pictures and just use your face for another scam? These people are unscrupulous in every possible manner.

• Thanks for MH!

• Well, that post was targeted to a GAG personnel, so you came through. Thanks.

What Girls Said 9

• lol maybe?

• It's happened I just mess with them until they go away. It's kind of funny actually.

• wtf the bots actually reply back? lmao

• Lol not those, but random spammers with """""real""""""""""""""" problems.
      "My mother lets my brother fck me while she watches and then we all go for ice cream. What should I do if I want ice cream up my butt crack? Do you like to watch?"
      To what my respond would be "only if I can put some color sprinkles on it"

• those are fun haha

• Why are you so down on yourself? "No girls hit on you" wtf don't be so negative

• If it happens for a fact that no girls hit on me, at least no desirable ones, then it happens as an axiom "because no desirable girls hit on me". End of story, your misconstruing it as a negative is just an analysis that can't be rationally justified in that specific context.

• Defensive? I'm just argumentative. I asked you for a reason and you couldn't give a single one.

• That is anti-social too. You say something, you carry the burden of proof, I don't see how you should fail to meet a simple standard. Don't you know about the boy who cried wolf?

• I get messages from Turkish men all the time, I asked them why they message me and they say because I am pretty... I've never put a pic of myself up so it's gotta be Shite!

• A black hat messing with gag!

• I get messages from random guys that simply say Hi or Hey.

• yes but they're not 0-0 accouts? not sure if they're scams

• Yeah a Turk guy

• It just happened to me. Same guy I suppose lol

• If I was a hacker, I'd get them on Skype then get their ip address and ddos them. Hah! That would be a neat idea.

• Yup. Maybe

• I got messages a couple of times by someone asking "can you help me?". Just ignored it.

• It's when they're asking you for something, like they say, you're beautiful, you're handsome, I'd be interested in you, here's my email.

That's a robotic message, because humans tend to be very complex, so it's a simplicity to say, Hi, I'm interested, here's my email.

Can you help me? That's a vague one, though I'd think it half suspicious, but not a complete red flag.

• You see on your right hand side:"Browse Singles Now" from Afrointroductions. com. Some of the robot messages are coming from that website, so I suspect that GAG is turning a blind eye on these ads since it sponsors this website.

• Oh I never noticed that before. I rarely pay attention to ads. Thanks for that info

What Guys Said 4

• random bots message people for e-mail spam.

• Yeah, I recognized that right away. People don't write with perfect grammar and they don't message you from out the blue. So I just report them right away. It's fucking annoying.

• Hahaha yeah out of the blue it does happen with real people. Sometimes they delete their accounts immediately though.

• So I've noticed.

• yeah, I've received those as well. I just delete them. I'm sure the admins are aware of them, or at least I hope they are.

• got scared. woman over 45 says 'hi' lol! hahahahaha. 2nd some girl that just joined gag some mins ago. this is strange but well. and else some girl that was really anoying but was real, just creepy and desperate and looked like a 7-8y old. somehow I don't feel fed up by that

• That happened to me once, a real chick was kind of hitting on me and I just fell silent (it was the creepiest thing).

• Well, you see. If a chick's got low self-esteem and she's just trying to find some help, it would be kind of low if you knock her over because she's not hot. Then again, she's like a toddler because she can't control who she hits on.

• well. the 8y old wanted to flirt w. me and such and I told her she's just hittin on me cause of my pic and to equal the rights I wanted to know if I would hit on her too ("show me your pic"). would you let someone hit on you when she's just going for what she sees and don't care for her self respect aswell as she doesn't get it I'm out of her league. later the questions come: why are guys jerks, and the answer will be what she wants to hear "you hit wrong guy maybe try again" and this is q drawback. she is going to hit a guy that she finds hot while the guy says the same and she will get stuck in this cycle. she doesn't know that a guy her league would not be like me (rejecting) and much better for her, I can be nice and I can be an asshole but me being an asshole has a good reason, it's about to stop this cycle and getting hurt more often by the same thing instead of just once is more painful in the long term.

• never happened to me