Why did GAG get rid of the rate me section?

We need it back ASAP. Half the questions are rate me questions.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would like a rate section, seems like it would help clear up some of that from other stuff.

What Guys Said 1

• Never knew there was one and I've been here since March, 2010. Users still ask rate me questions but they post it under a different section. Simple as that.

What Girls Said 4

• Because it hardly ever got used on the old site. I do think they should bring back but instead of "Would you date me?" It should just be ratings based on physical appearance since that's what most people ask about any way. I think it should be easily accessible in a place that users will see so maybe it will be more popular since it was basically forgotten on the old site.

• there was a rate me section? unlike the rating questions an actual section. huh

• Well, it was called "Would you date me?"

Users uploaded a picture of themselves and then filled in details of their idea of a "perfect first date" and then other users would rate them and they were able to leave comments as well.

• That would be great, to have a special section for that!.

• It was a dead end on the site.
    People who used it rarely got a lot of feedback.

We are in the process of considering a Rate Me topic.
    This will segregate those questions and also allow people to either Follow or Block that particular topic and its questions.