Downvotes or no votes?

So i was thinking, and it really bugs me when there is zero interaction with my opinion on GaG. I think I would prefer a downvote tbh, because it would at least prove that somebody read my opinion, and cared enough to do something about it, even if it was negative.

• I prefer downvotes
    42% (5)0% (0)26% (5)Vote
  • Novotes are best votes
    58% (7)100% (7)74% (14)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
4|8

Most Helpful Guy

• I think at least someone reads your (and my) answer/opinion. But not all answers are good enough to get an upvote or bad enough to get a downvote. It's just a simple acceptable answer. I prefer not getting any votes because chances are people thought my answer was okay than get downvotes because that would mean I gave a bad answer.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Reasonable votes, whether up or down.

I don't mind downvotes when I state my opinion on a topic, but it perplexes me when I get downvoted for stating my favorite color or ice cream flavor. I wish people would at least comment and say what their issue is.

2|2
    0|0
    • What urks me the most is when people ask for your honest opinion (Rate me threads for example), then downvote when you are honest.

• Show All
    • I understand that, but I'm just a very honest person, especially when people ASK FOR HONESTY. Idc how much people downvote me though, I'll always be honest.

• And it's good you are.

• I dont care about either one. My opinion is still gona be the same whether people disagree or not. Ok so fine if I had to choose one: down vote or no vote.. I'll choose down vote.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care either way, however of the two, I'd rather have downvotes than no votes... just tells me that someone at least read it.

0|2
    0|0
  • I don't care!

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• I don't really care too much about
    up-vote or down-votes.

I'd prefer a comment on
    my opinion over any vote :3

0|0
    0|0
  • I think downvotes are terrible, although GAG implements the voting system better than other sites by not allowing people to see the votes before selecting.

An upvote is confirmation of what was said. A downvote, however, does not tell the answerer what the problem is, and it's often used as a hit-and-run "I don't like what you said, but I can't argue with it."

When sites both have a upvote+downvote system AND allow people to see the votes beforehand, they become absolute circlejerks.

0|0
    0|0
    • Agreed, especially with your last point, but I do kinda like downvotes.

• I realize I didn't actually answer your question: I believe that people read my posts whether or not I see commentary on them, so I don't prefer downvotes personally.

• I don't care either way.

With the amount of people that are on the site, I know that every single thing that gets written is read by SOMEONE. Whether they like it or not is irrelevant.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love down votes. And if you really want a down vote just mention God.

2|1
    1|0
  • It doesn't really matter to me either way. Sometimes I get irritated if I submit a extensive answer and get downvotes

0|0
    0|0
  • It really doesn't matter to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really don't give a shit about down votes or up votes dude.

1|0
    0|0