Do you feel as enthusiastic to answer a question even after the most helpful has been selected?

Are you as likely to type up a long and well thought out response even after the MH has been selected? I personally don't always respond in that case. Once the MH is selected, answering would just decrease the MHO, and even then, I assume the question asker isn't that interested as they have already found their "one true answer".

So, what do you do when you see an MH, do you still write an answer?

• Yes, even if the MH has been selected, that doesn't stop me from posting my opinion on the matter.
  • No, I think once the MH has been selected, answering just isn't as interesting, and it certainly decreases my MHO too.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeap. I like answering even though it is selected. More than that, it depends on the question. I see some questions without Mh and I don't want to move a muscle sometimes.

Most Helpful Guy

• To me, voicing my opinion, or just generally helping if I believe myself capable, is more important, I don't really care about mho, it's neat to see people appreciate my thoughts, but I really rather get a comment, than mho :3

• That is true, comments and upvotes are really neat. Makes you see that people appreciate your input.

What Girls Said 5

• Kinda. It just depends on what kind of question it is. Even if the most helpful is selected, I'll still add in my input if I like the question in some way or find it interesting.

• Yes, I'd still like to give my input. No matter what.

• If I have something to say, I speak up. Other factors don't play a role.

• I must admit it takes a bit of spice out of participating.

• Yeah that is how I feel about it :/ doesn't always deter me, but it often does.

• It also depends on the topic and how serious the question is.

• I feel less motivated because it feels like the question asker has put the matter to rest and is happy with an answer so may feel annoyed that people are still blabbing on about it, the xper for best answer doesn't enter my mind

What Guys Said 7

• I voted 'B'. But its not got anything to do with losing out on a chance to get MHO. The thing is, once the asker selects MHO, it means he/she is satisfied with the answer, and is unlikely to come back to that questions again. So it would just be a waste of time for me to answer it.

• I don't really care about the "Most Helpful" thing. I just wanna either display my opinion or help the asker depending on what type of question it is.

• It doesn't affect my decision to post at all. In fact, many times I see a question pop up in my feed because it was just awarded MH, and I'll answer it.

• If I have something to say I have something to say. The fact that MH may or may not be selected doesn't change that.

• Still give my input it's just not as satisfying

• I wonder if it would be different if we got points for up votes.

• It probably would or if you could change most helpful when more people commented

• You actually used to be able to do that, but not anymore.

• yeah.. It just happend here, i thought u had MH, i was wrong again..

• I don't really care about getting MHO, it's just a nice bonus if I do. I'm here for the stimulating conversations between the genders, not to just rack up Xper.

• I just think if my MHO falls below a certain point, people might think my opinions are not worth reading or something and that would kinda suck, because I type quickly and so my responses tend to end up fairly long. XD

• I can't believe someone would check a person's MHO percent before reading an answer and then ignore it... Maybe I'm wrong about that, but it seems silly.

• I actually check it only after the answer seems kinda stupid, lol.