16 yr olds placing themselves in 18-24 category. WHAT?

I just answered a 16 yr old lady who was placed in the 18-24 age category. I have found this often going on with girls. What is the rational? Does it make you feel older? Do you think that will make your opinions look more mature? How many of you are in an older GAG age group than your age?

• I am in an age group HIGHER than my actual age.
  • I am in an age group LOWER than my actual age.
  • I am honest.
It is one thing to lie about the age; and I do realize how many people do that. However, iif you openly say you are 16 but your profile also shows you are in 18-24 category; I don't get that.

Most Helpful Guy

• I will not answer any sex related question by the under 18's. It's not because I don't think they shouldn't be having sex. They're going to regardless.

Here's my issue (Hypothetical situation)

An under 18 (she's 14, but we don't know that) asks, "My boyfriend wants me to give him a blowjob. How do I do that?" I give a detailed reply.

A month later, 14yr olds mother finds this site on the family computer, and see's my detailed response to her daughters question. As the age of consent, where the girl lives is 18. Mom goes ballistic. Because of this 47 year old "pervert" giving sex instruction to her child. Mom decides to report this "pervert" to the local police.

It spirals down from here.

They find out where I live through the I. P. number and forward the info to the police here. The police investigate. Find me. and take me in for questioning. It's decided I knowingly had sexually related discussions with this girl. I get charged.

This may, or may not result in a conviction. If convicted. I'm now on a sexual offenders list. This follows me around for the rest of my life. And can affect me in ways of wanting to change jobs, travelling and I'm sure other ways as well. As well because of where I work, a charge would mean automatic without pay suspension. A conviction = dismissal. And good luck to a 47 year "sexual predator" finding a job.

It's not worth it.

I know this scenario is extreme. But it could happen. I'd rather be safe. Than sorry.

• Forgot to add. If this same 14 year old joins here as a 18-24 year old. And asks the same question. I give the same reply. Even if the mother wanted be charged, it would not happen. Or at the very least get thrown out of court.

Why? because I can not be held responsible for replying to a sexual question. From what I am lead to believe could be a 23 year old

What Girls Said 8

• I don't find this bizarre at all.
    I've even come across plenty of people 35-55 placing themselves in much younger categories.
    It's not shocking that the very young want to be older, and the people that feel as if they
    are old want to be younger.
    People even lie about their age in their everyday life.
    It's something that happens all of the time.

• i am honest concerning my age group... i've noticed that a couple of times too.. maybe they feel that if they tell the truth about their age they won't be taken seriously or something like that

• I'm 24 so I am in the right age group. But it's the Internet, and people can fudge their age as much as they want to.

• Also I've noticed that people tend to dismiss opinions and questions because they see the "Under 18" label. Like they don't take them seriously. I never had that issue since I joined when I was 18, but I see it all the time.

• Sneaky Children. What about the over 45 range, men posting questions that teens should ask? but they just do it to jerk off here from the answers, gagers give. Too many of them here too.

• I'm 17 and NO I did not place my self in 18-24 category I'm Honest.

• I found a few young guys putting themselves in the 18-24 category too.

• If you see someone who says they're under 18 but their age range says anything above 18, please report the post using reason Underage so that we know to correct the age :-)

• People lie about their age all the time. I haven't though

What Guys Said 8

• 1. In GAG there are a lot of users who say GAG's entered the wrong age and they are by error in the bracket they are in currently
    2. I'm sure little girls who don't want to be judged by their age enter themselves into an older age bracket while they state their age when someone accolades their mature thinking - feel good factor :)
    3. There are certain questions that the 'under 18' ask which I don't opine on & there may well be others like me, thus reducing their opinion count
    4. Well I vote 'C' :)
    5. And I look at this optimistically - GAG is the ONE place where girls actually write / mention their age as more than what is than the other way round the way it is usually - even if it's the under 18s lol :D

• Believe me, I'd be 18-24 if I was going to fudge the numbers, haha. Yeah, man, I mean, the internet is the Wild West. People do what they want until some tech savvy hero blows their spot up. There's no way around it, really. I just try not to think about, haha. What I don't know won't hurt me. But it does wig me out a little to think I'm giving adult advice to a child. I don't really like the under 18 crowd being here in the first place, I think some stuff is just too much, but if it ain't here they'll go somewhere else. I suppose I prefer the allowance as some might at least be on the level and you'll know you're talking to a minor. But you know how it is. When you're young, you can't wait to be old. Then every birthday after 21 gets progressively more depressing, haha.

• It's because there are a bunch of whiners who're like "YEAH if you are +1 year older then I will tell you alllllllll about sexuality even though your questions is relevant NOW, because it's inappropriate to discuss things with minors because if I don't tell you then you won't know about the sexual acts you're asking about and clearly can't just type it into Google to learn more about it". There were so many questions about how "do you also hate giving advice to under 18s" and I'm like uhhh... they're the most confused, and I don't see the problem with providing information...

I can't blame the under-18 crowd for lying about their age sometimes. People can be quite condescending after they see the age label.

• yeah they seem to mess up on that because they didn't realize there is an under 18 option. i am who i say i am i swear!:D

• It is really annoying!

I got to answer a sexual question. I check age first. Right when I'm about to submit there it is. An update saying "I'm 15". Well I'm not answering this for you.

• what should i gain from placing me higher or lover? xD this is not a dating site or something, where age plays a role...

• Good question. The probably don't want to be treated like kids. Also, men tend to refrain from complimenting them, or giving them ratings, etc.

Although, they are kids, and yes they don't belong in some conversations.

• They want attention from guys I suppose.