How do you know if somebody on here has blocked you?

I have no way of knowing although I suspect a few have. On the other site I was on you always knew if somebody blocked you because you could try to click on their profile but got a note saying they blocked you. How do you know on GAG?

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no indication until you try to contact them or post on anything of theirs.
    If you try to share on their question, you'll see a message telling you that either they blocked you, or you have blocked them.
    If you try to comment on their opinion, same message will appear.
    If you try to send them a private message, same message will appear.

There is no other way to tell at this time.

This information can always be found in our FAQ, please check it out :-)

What Girls Said 5

• If a member of GAG has blocked you, you will not be able to answer their questions, comment on their opinions, send them private messages, or vote on their opinions.

You will get a notification at the top of your screen saying you have blocked or have been blocked by this user.

• You only find out if you try to answer their question or comment on their answer, or message them. A message at the top of the screen will say you're not allowed to post because they either blocked you or you blocked them (when you block someone, you can no longer comment on their stuff either). That's the only way to know, since block lists are private.

• Great thanks. So far that hasn't happened then. I guess they just don't want to respond to me. Ah well.

• You can't contact them or answer their questions.

• Hmm.. Interesting... Thanks!

• If you try to message them, answer their question, comment on their answer, or rate their answer, you'll get that response. You'll get the same thing if you blocked the person.

What Guys Said 1

• I know I'm blocked when I try to submit an opinion and it says I've been blocked. You can't message someone etc. I'm not sure if you can't still see their name (I'd doubt you can, the person who blocks a person may never see their messages).

• Cool. I guess I'm not blocked then because I can still send them a message.

• Yeah. I remember blocking someone and I didn't get a reply back and that's someone who's a master or a guru, so he couldn't possibly not reply since he has been replying to me all day.