Admins/Gurus. Using the Search feature: Why are the results not in order (chronological)?

Sometimes one will use the search feature to find a question or opinion that may help with a current question. Or you may just be looking to see what has been said recently about certain topics in particular. If the latter, you will only want to see questions since the last time you checked. I the case of the first case, you may remember seeing something x number of days ago. But when you use the search feature, the questions come up in random order. That is not helpful. Why are the answers not chronologically ordered?

Most Helpful Girl

• This has been bothering me as well. The search function here has gotten better but it's still lacking... I also wish they wouldn't get rid of time stamps on posts that are more than a few months old... I can't tell if those things were posted 4 months ago or 4 years ago :l

• Absolutely agree about the "missing" time stamps. Even if all time stamps over a month old were rounded to the nearest month, it would be much more helpful.

• Yes! As it is right now, sorting search results by date is 100% useless.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, that's something that really bothers me. If you search for something, there is an option to "search by date" but when I click that, the results are still all mixed up so I'm not sure what that's about. I would like for the most recent questions about that specific topic to show up at the top, that would be much more convenient.

• ugh I rarely use the search here it's never been accurate for me... like I know for a fact a certain topic was asked and it just won't show up on the search. So I just use google and "quotes" to get exact phrases and it works most the time.

What Guys Said 0