I constantly get dirty messages from other GAGERS. What should I do?

I've been getting messages and been asked for nude photos from other GAG members...
I got scared once because he knew my details which meant he knows me personally... and he threatened to spread some rumours around school and so sent it to one person... But it's non-stop from others too. What should I do?

people are suggesting me to report to admin.. which i didn't know was possible and i deleted his messages because i was scared. :(

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been told that the Only way another GAGER can send another GAGER a 'Message' is if they are Following you Here. Other than that, for some unknown reason, this can't be done. I have had other GAGERS here want more of my help, so they have to Follow me further.
    Perhaps if you can block them if you know who they are or just Firmly decline to their offer. Whenever I get someone who is following me and This happens, I can either Block Them or just laugh them off and ignore this... Usually works.
    This sounds like a personal thing, but I think that if you Ignore him, block him if you can, then don't let it get to you. This is what this guy wants...
    And in the future, be careful that things such as this don't get out of hand. It doesn't matter what social site you are on.
    Good luck. xx

• No, non-followers can message you if you enable the messaging option.

• Oh, I see... I have had many tell me they can't message me.. Thanks for this... Learn something new every day... xx

What Guys Said 10

• Send their IDs to the admin.

www.girlsaskguys.com/user/girlsaskguys

Inbox them every detail with the screen shot so they can take care of those users.

• @update - then just tell the admins what do you remember from those messages.
      What those guys are doing is cyber stalking and like cavmamier said it's not okay.

• Report them and that person, or block them so that way you don't have to worry about them harassing you any more. The tools are there to help you be free from that kind of person so use them.

• Block anybody who does it

• A gag member was going to spread rumors around your school?

• I believe he's someone from school... I don't know who but he knows my address, my school, my group of friends and etc.

• This sounds like a crime: extortion. Plus you're under 18 so it's illegal. I would get your parents and the police involved.

• An admin will see this post. They will still have the data on their server if they need to see it.

• first put a ugly pic on. what to do with the guy spreading it at your school.. if it really bothers you why you put up your own pic.

• just tell us his GAG username first

• Start calling them out on it so other gag members will know who they are, shame is a good deterent.

• You can make your profile private and no one can message you.

• Why don't you just report him to admin?

• You can easily make your profile private and not accept messages from people you don't follow. It takes 10 seconds of your own time to do that... Otherwise just ignore/block people you don't want to talk to. Why all the drama? When you get post card advertisements in your mail box you just chuck them in the garbage right? You don't make a big issue about all these companies sending you all these stupid post cards like it's the end of the world do you?

What Girls Said 5

• There are several steps you can take to prevent this from continuing.

1) You can go to your profile settings. Under where it says "Privacy Settings," click the box that says "Allow messages only from users I follow." This means only the users YOU follow on here will be allowed to send you messages.

2) Block the users who are harassing you. You can go to their profile and on the left-hand side, under "Actions" click "Block," and then that user will no longer be able to contact you in any way.

3) Also from this users' profile, under "Actions" you can click "Report" and select "Private Messages" as the reason. Once you do that, the admins will be notified and they will look into it and take action if necessary.

• Maybe you should remove your profile picture
    and keep your profile private, and if you want, disable the messaging option for those who don't follow you.

I think, as a girl, this is a safe policy you have to follow as long as you are online. Protect your identity because sadly while there are are a lot of good friends you can gain online, there are a lot of secret crazy psychopaths around you.

• For those who have already sent you bad messages, you have to report them to the admins immediately because they can prevent them from coming back to you.

• a lot of things happened over email so i'm going to report it to yahoo and so on.

• Report it to both sites maybe they can identify their IP because this is a crime.

• Report him and don't give him the time of day ignore anything he says or does he probably wants you to be scared of him and to do things for him if he spreads rumors without proof that's all they are rumors, but if you let him in and give him what he want's to go away he will most likely use it against you right now he has nothing on you so just ignore him.

• simple solution... just block em'

• You can block them or make profile private.
    Also screencapture and send to admin so tgey can be blocked.
    But I would delete the account and create a new one without using own face in the profile pic.
    This site is not somethong I would recommend minors to use with own picture.