Would you support a feature the blocks a gender from responding to your question?

Wondering what people would think of this. I notice some people only prefer the opposite gender ask their question for example. Or do you think we should all be allowed to answer a question anyway?

I should also ask what you think of users who make questions telling the a certain gender not to reply to this question? That's what made me think to ask this?

Most Helpful Girl

• No.
    You can simply just not read what the other gender wrote.

I think this site would be a bit frustrating for some users if you had to deal with
    trying to answer a question, only to find out that you were blocked.
    Imagine if that happened a lot while you were browsing through this site.
    It would make it not user friendly.
    It definitely would discourage users from wanting to be on Gag.

• Before the update I had that problem tons of times with users blocking me but seeing their question... then writing a question out getting a blocked message. So glad they fixed that.

• Yes, that was a default every one hated!

What Girls Said 6

• No. Everyone can have some very good and valid information to share, regardless of what the asker wants to know. Gender simply doesn't matter most of the time. If you want to target a specific gender, then simply focus on the answers you get from that gender, and ignore the ones you get from the other.

• There's no need for that. I like to see both genders answering a question for two reasons: the opposite gender often has a different perspective on the topic, and you'll get way more opinions overall when everyone can answer.

• I don't think there is a need, as someone already said, it could create a biased and very closed minded opinion Base if you were to exclude such a large portion of the community.

• I wouldn't support it. I think it defeats the purpose of this site.

• I wouldn't. I don't really see the point in it. If I ask a question that I only want guys to answer, if girls answer I just don't really give them much thought.

• I'd say no, its good to get a second option.

What Guys Said 5

• I would oppose it as that would enable some people to ask some pretty stereotypical questions without at least there be some form of concern. For example, lots of guys think that there is actually some deep underlying differences between man/woman, or whatever, but behaviours the same from person to person if you look at some crucial features of the brain. I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's a categorical mistake.

• Oh you mean like "Why are women gold diggers?"(block women from posting) and make an echo chamber for guys to rant about girls wanting money?

• What do you think of guys who make "girls only" questions and vice versa?

• It's kind of dumb, because knowledge is not exclusive. Sure, I've never had a specific body part, but I could at least understand how it functions and what the experience may be, and I could very well have biological knowledge of all these sub-parts and the cycles and so on, I could very well give you answers with proofs. So knowledge isn't exclusive. I mean, there should be the option to exclude people who seriously can't spell or form easy to read sentences, or churlish behaviour, but that's it.

• Personally I'd oppose it, I don't like blocking in general
    and some times even if you ask one gender, a few individuals
    of the other, may have a better, more complete answer.

That's what I think ^~^

• I think blocking already is somewhat silly, blocking an entire sex just because they have a vagina or a penis doesn't really make sense to me.

• blockign is only silly when abused or overused

• I've gotten blocked a plenty on this site and some users I'd see mentioning those same people blocking them as well. I'd only see it necessary if your inbox got spammed.

• Yeah, there are some block-happy people around here. The funniest one was where I disagreed with the said person, and got blocked for saying that the seperation of biological sexes in the sense that "males" and "females" as a biological concept exist isn't just a way the government brainwashes us so that females can be suppressed, used and abused. I said, you know, biological reproduction and heterosexuality aren't just made up, and "males" and "females" are two different phenotypes of the human lifeform that together support reproduction. So she blocked me, saying she doesn't want to hear from me ever again.

That was like, the stupidest shit I had seen in quite a while, to be honest. Like, how oblivious to reality do you have to be to make up such a ludicrous conspiracy theory? Hahahahaahha

Well, whatever, it happens. D I've never had my inbox spammed so I've never blocked anyone. If anyone breaks the rules, I just report them.

• Yes. If someone asks for a specific gender to answer, others shouldn't be able to decide for them.

• I'm adverse to it. The best responses on such questions has on many occasions come from the gender the question asker wanted to exclude, in my opinion.