Old timers on GAG who have never cancelled your account even once -- how do you keep yourself CONSTANTLY alive on GAG?

I am asking because I notice that many GAGers who have been here for a long time have either cancelled their accounts or become less active.

Then after some time, they would be back and/or active again because of certain reasons. Haha :)

On the other hand, there are also many who have been here daily for years but never cancelled their accounts even once and thus I am wondering :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I've been here since 2009 and have maintained reasonable activity since. The truth of the matter is, I haven't been entirely abided by my core reason for joining (giving advice and doing research to improve my own understanding of the human condition).

After about two years of doing what I normally do, I found the members and the community as a whole to be a very diverse yet likeable bunch (today's community simply doesn't compare to the 2011 community) and my approach left me on the outside looking in, missing out on the lovely nuances of keyboard trolling and snide remarks for laughs and upvotes, all at the expense of idiotic QAs.

So I decided to have a little fun and get involved with the community. I created a new alias whose primary function was to be a cheeky bastard, the version of me that gives little to no care about the well being of imbeciles. It was a success, and from 2011-2013 the party didn't end.

In 2014, I looked at myself and realized that I'm getting old. GaG isn't what it was. There's an entirely new clique that I have no interest in, and it was time to go back to my roots. Give solid advice that benefits myself and the people around me who care to read it. The account was terminated.

I don't care about GaG recognition. I don't care about being popular or being considered among the more attractive men. That's trivial nonsense that leads nowhere in reality. Call me ugly. I don't care. My goal is one of personal growth through a relaxing hobby.

Thanks for reading, if you did. That's how I lasted 5 years, going on 6.

• *Omit "been" after haven't. Blame the phone and lack of proofreading window.

• Thank you so much! I have read your input in this thread thrice :)
      :)

What Guys Said 7

• I Fall into the become less active & then come back active again.
    I get tired of all the similar questions. Also the new format doesn't work so well for me. Messages are received in a column, I can't up or down vote anyone & sometimes I have to refresh the page for me to submit my comment. I get tired of that & leave for a while.

• Are you posting on mobile by any chance? I always have those issues with the mobile site.

• I think the current messaging system is sooooo much better than the old one :) I can see all my messages very easily on the same page unlike in the old GAG. I think it is because I am using the desktop version instead of the mobile version on my phone. The mobile version is so inconvenient to use. Try the desktop version on your phone.

• I am using a desktop. Another friend has the same problem. As a matter of fact I had to refresh this page twice to leave this comment.

• Well first of, I don't see a reason to cancel an account
    if anything, take a break, so you can come back if you feel like it.

I don't about keeping alive, but I can always check GaG through my phone
    there's always advice to be given, you know? ^~^

• Don't know if meet the requirements for "old timers", but I also fall into the less active and then back again group. I usually come here when I'm feeling bored or while I'm waiting for something, but I don't have the time to do anything that requires longer than 10mins, so I'll come here and answer a few questions.

• Hmm I've had this account for a couple years I think and I handle being here by using it in moderation.. Sometimes I'll be here a lot and other times like lately I'll just stop in every now and then.

• I guess what keeps it fresh to me is taking a break whenever I get busy with my schoolwork and life in general. I'm gone for months at a time.

• i just dont take the site seriously

• Cuz of you? You keep me alive. Jk jk

Just dont do it that often. I am a lurker. So i guess i am not bored

What Girls Said 4

• I've been here for 5 1/2 years now. GAG is always changing - the people, the attitudes, etc, and that's what keeps it interesting and makes me want to come back. It's a good community. I have gone through periods of not logging in for several months, but over the last year or so I have become more regular.

• i am constantly alive here on GAG... its a nice forum

• I open my account on 2010 since then i been on and off for periods of times. I like it thats the reason i keep coming back, never have cancel my account. Also made a few friends who I still keep in contact. :)

• The "regulars" are almost completely different from when I was first starting to use it regularly.
    Not only in a "these are different GAGers" way, but also just in the way that they actually seem like different people now.

As for being active, then not as much, then back again... the community really dictates how active I am these days.