I have been on GaG for a few months and I have read and tried to help so many people with their worlds crashing down. Sometimes I catch someone just rewording their question to solicit new answers, glossing over great advice. Maybe not from me, but others too. Other times I see people asking for advice but will only support a Most Helpful when someone just agrees with them, ignoring what me and others would find to be terrible advice.
Have you ever asked something here and someone said something to you and it actually clicked and made sense, or took someone's suggestion and applied it to your situation? If so, did it work or make you feel better after doing it?
I'm curious to know how valued GaG answers are to people, as I know I'm one of those people when I try to help I'll actually work myself in to mode to actually help and not just be an asshat, and I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble if people just want light opinions and just to be agreed with.
- I really value the advice and apply it to my problem23% (3)33% (3)27% (6)Vote
- I like the advice, but I am too scared to follow through8% (1)0% (0)5% (1)Vote
- I'm here to socialize and find out how people think31% (4)33% (3)32% (7)Vote
- I know how to solve my problem, I just need support15% (2)11% (1)14% (3)Vote
- I am usually a question-answerer and don't need advice23% (3)23% (2)22% (5)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
Hey, I need to be landing this 747 soon and I forgot where it shows the landing gear is locked in position. I'm too embarrassed to ask the copilot cause he'll tell everyone I asked this. So tell me which one is it? I know it's here somewhere.
- Show AllShow Less